PDA

View Full Version : Justin Amash (Michigan, 3rd District) Wins First Debate

biles1234
05-25-2010, 08:35 AM
Hey everybody,

Thought I'd share the results from the first debate last night. More than anything, people need to stop pouring money into campaigns where we cannot win and focus on liberty candidates who can, such as Justin Amash in West Michigan. This race is definitely within reach. Spread the word!

"It’s a two horse race at this point. Amash and Heacock are the clear frontrunners. Justin Amash has run an impressive campaign and can certainly unite conservatives, libertarians, and fiscally conservative Democrats. His debate performance underscored his core campaign themes and allowed him to venture into areas, such as foreign policy, which have been undeveloped during his stint in Lansing. Steve Heacock was the other impressive performer tonight. He certainly has the professional credentials and smooth answers to win voters. His conventional campaign style and mainstream approach may be his biggest liabilities. The voters have had plenty of experience with conventional Republicans and have rejected such politicians in recent elections. We have a race between the libertarian-leaning state representative and the well-credentialed, polished community leader."

http://www.redcounty.com/3rd-congressional-district-debate-two-leaders-emerge/40326

biles1234
05-25-2010, 08:49 AM
I will try to post YouTube footage soon.

More great news, Justin Amash was given positive coverage by Michigan Capitol Confidential, a widely read political newsletter/blog in the state.

"State Rep. Justin Amash is using social networking to lift the cover on the inside maneuverings of the bill-making business at the state Capitol. Amash, a Republican from Kentwood, is giving his 5,000-plus Facebook fans the type of insight you'd expect from a political newsletter.

He can make as many as 20 to 30 posts a day during a legislative session as he explains each bill he is voting on, how he is voting and why"

http://www.michigancapitolconfidential.com/12826

doctor jones
05-25-2010, 09:42 AM
What's his campaign web address?

angelatc
05-25-2010, 10:07 AM
www.amashforcongress.com

I won't ever tell people not to donate to their favorite candidate. But I do think that if you want to listen to Grandma and not put all your eggs in one basket that Justin is a good safe second choice.

He really does have an excellent chance of winning this thing. But he needs name recognition.