PDA

View Full Version : Where's the GOP??

devil21
05-25-2010, 12:26 AM
So far practically every Yahoo media article news alert I receive about Rand is someone on the left hashing and rehashing the CRA comments. I'm seeing practically nothing from the right-wing blogosphere or prominent pundits. Are my media alerts being filtered or is the GOP being very, very quiet? Even Steele had negative comments instead of explaining the constitutional position.

Where's the GOP to counter the DNC attacks?

Fozz
05-25-2010, 12:32 AM
The way I feel about this is indescribable :(

I know we are all hoping this media attack will backfire or that KY voters won't be convinced, but I am rapidly losing confidence.

DeadheadForPaul
05-25-2010, 12:34 AM
Some prominent national conservatives have stepped up to the plate for Rand on talk radio, but I think the strategy is to let this die down

What politician wants to be defending a position on the CRA?

If I was an elected politician, I would not defend Rand unless I was a close friend. Nationally, this thing is political suicide

Liberals are cranking out stories about it because it fits into their narrative about Tea Party = racism.

Conservatives are just hoping it goes away

More importantly, from the sound of things, Kentuckians aren't buying the racism charge against Rand

As southerners, I think they are tired of the race card

devil21
05-25-2010, 12:34 AM
The way I feel about this is indescribable :(

I know we are all hoping this media attack will backfire or that KY voters won't be convinced, but I am rapidly losing confidence.

OK thanks I guess. Fortunately your attitude is rare.

Care to comment on my original post?

Fozz
05-25-2010, 12:40 AM
OK thanks I guess. Fortunately your attitude is rare.

Care to comment on my original post?

Jim DeMint and Sarah Palin have defended Paul, but neocons in the media are attacking Rand just as badly as the self-righteous race-baiting liberals.

Here's an article by Michael Gerson:
htt p://voices.washingtonpost.com/postpartisan/2010/05/palin_dobson_must_repudiate_ra.html

devil21
05-25-2010, 12:49 AM
Jim DeMint and Sarah Palin have defended Paul, but neocons in the media are attacking Rand just as badly as the self-righteous race-baiting liberals.

Here's an article by Michael Gerson:
http://voices.washingtonpost.com/postpartisan/2010/05/palin_dobson_must_repudiate_ra.html

That was a harsh article, but the comments were pretty good.