PDA

View Full Version : Just absolutely sick to my stomach. Need guidance.

TheAnswerTo1984is1776
05-25-2010, 12:10 AM
I used to get on this forum a lot back in 08' but as time went on and Ron Paul ended up losing the election, normal life resumed.

I was just so mentally frustrated I did not mention one thing about politics to anyone for at least 8 months. The entire time I campaigned, was more so not for Ron, but to educate people on responsibility and freedom. I wanted to show people they had a choice, but I ended up being called every name in the book, from a nutjob to wacko and even people threatening me! Looking back out of the thousands of people I talked to it is hard to even tell if I opened anyone's eyes at all.

Two years later it seems as if no.

Obama has turned out to be worse than I ever could have imagined... He is 10x worse than bush and society just keeps encouraging worse and worse behavior.

In the last two years I've also seen militarized police on college campuses, census and drug war billboard propaganda, I watched a cop fire a gun at someones dog on private property at a friends house, I've been searched and raided for nothing, I went to jail for the first time in my life for driving without insurance(simply and honestly could not afford it) and as if my job that was in the construction industry hadn't already suffered enough, I watched my president bail out some of the largest corporations on earth while I slowly became poorer and poorer and eventually lost my job.

Times have been tough, REALLY TOUGH.

alas, in the light of it all... losing my job and not being able to find work got me back in school... Something I thought I would never do. I dropped out in the 10th grade, moved out and immediately started working at 17. I've attended 3 quarters now at a tech school and have maintained a 4.0 average and have already been accepted into a WAY better state college for fall. I got a job this week too and start tomorrow. It seems things are slowly getting better.

But for thousands of other Americans out there things are not getting better. Realistically politicians have done nothing to try and reverse the recession, they just keep spending and spending and spending... there is no end in site. It is a joke.

Where does the line get drawn? I mean seriously? When and where?

I MEAN OUR F&#&ING CONSTITUTION CONTRADICTS ITSELF NOW THANKS TO THE SCUMBAGS. Really WTF are we going to do when they have soiled the only thing we have to justify ourselves on?

No one knows what the hell we are talking about half the time.

are we just screwed?

JosephTheLibertarian
05-25-2010, 12:11 AM
what was your old username?

TheAnswerTo1984is1776
05-25-2010, 12:20 AM
im pretty sure it was "Sons of liberty", but it's really hard to remember now and the email account i used to have got deleted by a girlfriend and I was never able to recover it.

Bman
05-25-2010, 12:31 AM
are we just screwed?

Not at all. Carpe Diem! Keep a strong family. Everything will be ok no matter what happens.

PeacePlan
05-25-2010, 12:33 AM
We are somewhat screwed as I believe it will take a lot of pain before people wake up. They will wake up but I also wonder if it will not be too late?

Good to hear about your job and schooling and thanks for all you do......

nayjevin
05-25-2010, 01:16 AM
I spend a part of every week feeling that way, but it passes. I say find something else to do for a minute. There really are positive things happening.

It takes so many years to go from zero to voluntary associations. Lots of people are closer than they were a few years ago. There's some water in the glass! cheers

0zzy
05-25-2010, 01:24 AM
your guidance:
[nsfw cussing]
YouTube - Bobby Knight - angry motivation speech - (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yw7KijRfU-c&feature=player_embedded)

therepublic
05-25-2010, 02:58 AM
For me taking action to make a positive difference lifts my spirits. The Ron Paul group here is not very active, but I found a Tea Party group that is, and welcomes libertarians.

Elwar
05-25-2010, 06:01 AM
YouTube - Ron Paul 2012 begins now (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Q_PNepSs6o&feature=player_embedded)

angelatc
05-25-2010, 06:58 AM
For me taking action to make a positive difference lifts my spirits. The Ron Paul group here is not very active, but I found a Tea Party group that is, and welcomes libertarians.

You can't stress this enough to people. It's really easy to get lost, especially here on the forums, but getting out and getting active is the best cure for apathy.

Dude, in school? Organize a YAL chapter there. Or even spend just a little time doing some online activism. Not posting on forums and such - but helping candidates make phone calls.

www.callforkokesh.com - Adam has a primary coming up on June 1.

You won't believe how hungry your soul is for this until you actually do it.

Isaac Bickerstaff
05-25-2010, 07:39 AM
I cannot stress this enough; find a local issue and become involved! If you approach any local issue with the philosophy of fiscal conservatism and libertarian style independence/personal empowerment, you will gain credibility. Once you have gained your neighbors' trust in a "small" issue, they will be more willing to follow your philosophy for some of the bigger issues.

Feelgood
05-25-2010, 07:37 PM
are we just screwed?

Short answer, yes we are screwed.

The more I delved into things, looking for stories for Freedom Report, and the more I learned and saw, the more I began to realize just screwed we really are. The more I read, the more I saw, the more sick to my stomach I became. My wife can testify, to just how many sleepless nights I have had. You should see my stock pile of goods I have tucked away, for whats coming. I have become more of a conspiracy nut job, the Glenn Beck and Alex Jones combined. :eek:

I come back to these forums periodically, just for some refuge and to read some posts from like minded people. However, even in these forums, people get side tracked by pointless, meaningless things, that detract from what we really need to try and accomplish.

For example, all these sites and posts promoting Ron Paul for 2012. Pointless, meaningless drivel that detracts from current candidates that NEED our help. During the Presidential campaign, it was people screaming RP needs to run Indy, and drop the Republican thing. I posted over and over, it wasnt going to happen, because RP had already said he had no intentions of running as an Independent. People still continued to blow the RP Indy run horn, splintering the efforts to get him on the Republican ticket. RP has already stated he has no intentions of running for POTUS in 2012. IT ISNT GOING TO HAPPEN FOLKS!!! Get over it, move on and try helping things out by focusing your efforts where we really need them. Please!?

Rand Paul has already gotten the GOP nomination, and Schiff really needs the help. However anytime you log onto these forums, there are always at least an 8 to 1 ratio of people reading the Rand Paul forums, as there are on the Schiff forums. Lets focus some of the wasted energy of getting RP on the 2012 ticket, that isnt going to happen, on maybe getting Schiff on the ticket, and making that happen?! Please?!

My 22 year old daughter, is still living here at home, going to school, but struggling just to pay her bills. While having a conversation in the kitchen with my wife, we were talking about some people she works with, whose significant others have been un-employed for months, and collecting un-employment. My daughter says, "Wow, wish I could get fired so I could stay home and collect un-employment, and just go to school". Sadly, she was being serious. She wants to stay home and get "free money". I tried to explain to her, there is no such thing as free money, that the un-employment is paid from taxes collected by those of us that are still out there, working hard every day. She doesnt seem to care, she would accept it all the same. She blamed Bush for all the problems that are going on. Again, I tried to explain to her it isnt all Bush's fault. He hasnt been in office for a year and a half. IMO the colleges do far better with propaganda and brain washing then I had given them credit for.

My point here, is dont forget about home, and family,. Constantly teaching and educating the kids is just as important as going out to educate others. Makes it hard to preach to others, when suddenly you realize your own house is not in order. :(

So yes, in closing, I think we are quite screwed. :o

And yes, I am the life at most parties... :D

helmuth_hubener
05-30-2010, 12:05 AM
Long term, liberty will win. Why? Because it is the truth. Truth really is a huge, trumping advantage, but an advantage that can seem to move very slowly at times.

We may not get universal freedom for everyone everywhere, but some day, in some place, perhaps just a little place, libertarianism will be tried. We will have our shot. And once people see that it works, there will be a snowball effect.