PDA

View Full Version : Outreach to Native American tribes

libertybrewcity
05-24-2010, 07:06 PM
New Mexico's 3rd Congressional district contains 15 separate pueblo tribes and tribal lands of the Jicarilla Apache Nation and Navajo Nation.

Is there any outreach from the Kokesh campaign to those tribes?

Imperial
05-24-2010, 09:05 PM
I know early on Kokesh's campaign rolled through Navajo territory in a big tour of the district.

BuddyRey
05-24-2010, 09:25 PM
Not sure about Kokesh or New Mexico specifically, but reaching out to Native-American tribes is a great idea. Many of these groups struggle with levels of poverty, despair, and illness on-par with third-world countries like Haiti or Somalia, and they're so royally screwed over by the U.S. government and the Bureau of Indian Affairs on a regular basis that they've lost all hope for independence and personal/tribal sovereignty.

I know that Russell Means has been a trustworthy and enduring defender of American Indian rights for decades now, and is a prominent libertarian also. I would love to get some kind of outreach or activism project going with him if I knew where to start.

BuddyRey
05-24-2010, 11:51 PM
Bump!

BuddyRey
05-25-2010, 01:03 AM
//

WorldonaString
05-25-2010, 03:28 AM
Bump for good ideas

ronpaulhawaii
05-25-2010, 11:43 AM
We have made good inroads into the the Navajo and Apache Nations. The Pueblos are a different animal. Very heavily supportive of the incumbant. Some will not allow any signs or campaigning in their nation except for "approved" candidates (which are all democrats).

Basically, the Nations are not a high priority for the primary. Mostly democrats and low turnout regardless. But yes, we have made good inroads and are improving them.

Thanks

BuddyRey
05-25-2010, 03:19 PM
Another group where liberty ideas could make some inroads would be the Hopi. They're fairly insular and don't like dealing with the government; but because of this, they retain their ancestral lands and many of their religious and cultural traditions. They have never been cowed or broken by the U.S.

hillbilly123069
05-26-2010, 01:49 AM
Natives dislike the gov. more than the whites and trusts neither.