PDA

View Full Version : Media Befuddled the Racism Hit Hasn't Stuck in Kentucky

AuH20
05-24-2010, 08:55 AM
Foiled Suckers!!

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2010/05/what-does-kentucky-think-of-rand-paul/57152/

There's no doubt that Paul's reputation has taken a gigantic hit in Washington. But how much does that matter? The only thing pertinent to his future political prospects is how all this is going over in Kentucky. For the sake of comparison, I checked out the Louisville local network news casts. It's quite a contrast--the tenor is not nearly as critical (although it's interesting to see that David Gregory apparently gave an interview to the local NBC affiliate, WAVE, further criticizing Paul). Also interesting is that the WAVE newscaster blames the bailouts on Obama:

MRoCkEd
05-24-2010, 08:58 AM
Suck it PMSNBC!

PS:

RPF's own Gage made the news!

http://i.imgur.com/cHXPW.png

angelatc
05-24-2010, 09:00 AM
So David Gregory, a journalist, gave an interview criticizing Paul. Awesome! Makes it even more obvious that Paul made the right decision to blow off MTP.

MsDoodahs
05-24-2010, 09:06 AM
So David Gregory, a journalist, gave an interview criticizing Paul. Awesome! Makes it even more obvious that Paul made the right decision to blow off MTP.

lol very true!

Does Gregory HAVE a brain? What a stupid move!

Aratus
05-24-2010, 09:15 AM
the show has hurled down a challenge with the double-dutch stakes of DOUBLE or NOTHING! --- :( ! :) !

david gregory wannnnts the grudgre-match soooo bad like as if its an army v. navy football game!--- :cool:

david gregory wants ratings to go thru the proverbial ROOF! you cannot snub d.c talking heads!--- :p

in particular MISTER WILLIAM JEFFERSON SMITH, real life is often not a FRANK CAPRA MOVIE!------- :eek:

AuH20
05-24-2010, 09:16 AM
lol very true!

Does Gregory HAVE a brain? What a stupid move!

His ratings aren't too good either:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/20/meet-the-press-ratings-fa_n_583639.html

Malachi
05-24-2010, 09:19 AM
First, it was never really about race, it was about private property!

The liberal media wants it to be about race.....ignoring that Kentucky is over 90% white.

I'd like to see Rachael Maddow and Keith Olberman conduct a little phone survey on private property and see how out of touch they are.

Kentuckians support private property over an intrusive federal government that is going broke!

sluggo
05-24-2010, 09:25 AM
MTP needs Rand a hell of a lot more than Rand needs MTP.

Aratus
05-24-2010, 09:29 AM
brilliant take, sluggo! lets hope david adams and rand know this full well as they CAREFULLY re-schedule!

MRoCkEd
05-24-2010, 09:31 AM
Meanwhile, Jack Conway is going to be on Olbermann tonight

Malachi
05-24-2010, 09:33 AM

I wonder if they are going to ask about his ancestors owning slaves?

obijuan
05-24-2010, 09:34 AM

I hate Olbermann so much. I'm not sure I can watch.

Epic
05-24-2010, 09:36 AM
Kentucky doesn't care about leftist race-baiting??

SHOCK!

AuH20
05-24-2010, 09:40 AM
brilliant take, sluggo! lets hope david adams and rand know this full well as they CAREFULLY re-schedules!

But now that we are keenly aware of Gregory's motives, Rand shouldn't just cordially discuss the issues but actually go out of his way to intellectually discredit David Gregory's hollow statist arguments. In other words, hit him on FDR and the Supreme Court Packing Threat which made the New Deal possible. Discuss the private property nullifications which arrived with Wickard vs. Filburn. Rip apart the price fixing, the wage fixing & the hog slaughtering, which is completely anthetical to the American principles of free enterprise and self-determination.

Then move onto the unintended consequences of the CRA when Gregory starts to dig there for dirt. Ask Gregory if he supports the right for trade unions and other racially centric associations to exercise their first amendment right of freedom of association. In other words, go in there and slaughter every popular myth the Democrats have utilized to keep the masses in check over the past 80 years. Take no prisoners. Gregory's head would be spinning after I was done with him.

SWATH
Kentucky doesn't care about leftist race-baiting??

SHOCK!

As far as race baiting goes, the media are master baiters:D

RonPaulFanInGA
It's like the media thinks this race is in New York or something. Idiots.

sluggo
05-24-2010, 09:41 AM
Will Keith ask him about the ethics charges? Lying on Hardball? Donations from BP? Money he took from Wall Street firms? Coal killing cap-and-trade?

Probably not.

TruthisTreason
05-24-2010, 09:43 AM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5703321

Someone has already mentioned this, but I remember so many headlines back in 2008 like this:

Obama's KY and WV problem: Out and out racism.

Have the voters been pre-conditioned for this?

MsDoodahs
05-24-2010, 09:45 AM
Will Keith ask him about the ethics charges? Lying on Hardball? Donations from BP? Money he took from Wall Street firms? Coal killing cap-and-trade?

Probably not.

uh....keith isn't a journalist, he's a political hack.

That's what MSDNC is all about - after all, it's THE PLACE for LIBERAL POLITICS.

;)

Aratus
05-24-2010, 09:47 AM
jack conway's ancestors owned slaves and mine didn't save for a rarified bunker hill for
instance and even then my ancestress may have had parents who were slaves even if
she wasn't at about the tyme she marries the revolutionary war general AFTER his wife,
the society lady debutant dies? i think they were married, and i have his revolutionary
blood in my veins. to be certain and sure, i'd need to look up some auld documents up here
or do what jefferson's mistresses decdendents did, namely dna-test. hummmm, like the
LEEs of virginia, quite a few of jack conway's ancestors were quite well off when henry clay
was the most brilliant kentuckian, EVER! oh my, lets not be too harsh on this son of the new
south even though like john mccain we can think back on the auld south and what the
previous genrations once did. this is a layered question that is not of simple cloth at all!!!

sluggo
05-24-2010, 09:48 AM

That's what MSDNC is all about - after all, it's THE PLACE for LIBERAL POLITICS.

;)

If Olbermann handles it the way I expect him to, you can believe that Rand will have even more supporters tomorrow.

Maybe we should send Rachel and Keith "thank you" cards?

sailingaway
05-24-2010, 09:49 AM
Media are hopelessly out of touch.

sailingaway
05-24-2010, 09:52 AM
His ratings aren't too good either:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/20/meet-the-press-ratings-fa_n_583639.html

I love it. Remember how Fox's ratings dipped right after they kicked RP off the debates and stayed low until after the primary when they started inviting him on the business stations (ALL the time...)

I like to think it is direct cause and effect.

sailingaway
05-24-2010, 09:53 AM

Great. Then for every Alex Jones clip they play, we can play an Olbermann clip....

Original_Intent
05-24-2010, 10:02 AM
And they would have succeeded, to, if it weren't for you meddling kids! :D

Aratus
05-24-2010, 10:16 AM
jack conway intruded into the privacy the lieut. governor had as a basic right
in order to slam-dunk him in the bitterly fought primary race, but will we all see
a hard question put to attorney general conway as to how he goes about things
in his day job? i would be surprised if the invasive recordings are even noticed at all!

RonPaulFanInGA
05-24-2010, 10:19 AM
And they would have succeeded, to, if it weren't for you meddling kids! :D

And they would have succeeded too...if anyone in Kentucky watched MSNBC.

molly_pitcher
05-24-2010, 12:07 PM
LOLed at everyone's comments. OF COURSE IT DIDN'T WORK HERE! And yeah, we are mostly white but even my black friends know what time it is!!

The blacks here would like to know if the business is being run by the Klan. I know my friends and I don't eat with or buy from known klansmen. I think that is the general sentiment in the south.

Ninja Homer
05-24-2010, 12:22 PM
If Olbermann handles it the way I expect him to, you can believe that Rand will have even more supporters tomorrow.

"I don't remember who was on Olbermann, but this Rand Paul guy they kept talking about seems pretty cool." :D

HarryBrowneLives
05-24-2010, 04:22 PM
With Conway on Olberman, those seven KY people in tye dye may just vote for him!:D

The Liberals on the MSM (and even the local ones) are all OUTRAGED ... they'll be more so when they realize KY voters don't watch MSDNC much, those who do don't trust them, and the rest don't give a shit.;)

DeadheadForPaul
05-24-2010, 05:07 PM
With Conway on Olberman, those seven KY people in tye dye may just vote for him!:D

The Liberals on the MSM (and even the local ones) are all OUTRAGED ... they'll be more so when they realize KY voters don't watch MSDNC much, those who do don't trust them, and the rest don't give a shit.;)

HEY! Let's leave the tye-dye out of this! ;)

Actually my Deadheadness is solely on the inside
The Dead toured the country living their own lifestyle without giving a crap what the gov't thought about it. Biggest libertarian story of the 60's besides Barry G if you ask me :)

No1ButPaul08
05-24-2010, 05:12 PM

;)

I remember shortly after Obama won they declared themselves the network of CHANGE

MelissaWV
05-24-2010, 05:12 PM
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=132x5703321

Someone has already mentioned this, but I remember so many headlines back in 2008 like this:

Obama's KY and WV problem: Out and out racism.

Have the voters been pre-conditioned for this?

The media, seriously, pinned most states with the "racist" logo early on. The "saving grace" in such racist Southern states as Georgia and Alabama, though, were the big cities that were more "civilized." :rolleyes:

Obama's problem in WV was more about his being so friggin' liberal and full of shit, and though McCain was an awful choice, he appealed to the usual "ra ra wave the flag, support the troops, America first!" type crowd.

Lovecraftian4Paul
05-24-2010, 06:21 PM
The idiot left thinks everyone is as race obsessed and anti-white as they are.

corsair
05-24-2010, 06:28 PM
Does this whole CRA issue mean Rand has 0 chance of winning a Presidential election?

I hope not.

ItsTime
05-24-2010, 06:29 PM
MSDNC
;)

I think Ill start using that lol

BamaFanNKy
05-24-2010, 06:30 PM
Does this whole CRA issue mean Rand has 0 chance of winning a Presidential election?

I hope not.

Obama had direct ties with a former terrorist Ayers and a perceived racist in Wright. No.

corsair
05-24-2010, 06:32 PM
Obama had direct ties with a former terrorist Ayers and a perceived racist in Wright. No.

But he was placed on a bejeweled altar from the beginning of his national career.

Rand Paul's national career began with a media-assault.

TheTyke

I hope not.

These attacks were calculated, as many attacks on the tea party, to blunt their future implications. They seem to have had little effect in KY, but may have weakened future coalition building prospects.

I don't think it's over though, Ron lost overwhelmingly in his primary, and the national news made a big deal over the newsletters, but his influence has grown in spite of it, he still has been able to build coalitions, and in fact has achieved more since 2008 than in his career before.

The only way they will definitely win is if we give up, and I don't see that happening. :D

0zzy

ahhhh.... I think it hurts Rand's chances. Butttttttt, I guess you make a point. maybe. I'll see what he does for 6 years as Senator.

BamaFanNKy
05-24-2010, 06:51 PM
ahhhh.... I think it hurts Rand's chances. Butttttttt, I guess you make a point. maybe. I'll see what he does for 6 years as Senator.

Hell, Ted Kennedy is revered (granted he was never President) and he basically killed a woman.... or at least didn't call for 10 hours as one died.

AuH20
05-24-2010, 07:00 PM

I hope not.

With the speed and sheer audacity the democrats are moving at, Rand could be the president. It's not far-fetched. The dems could be at the helm when the economy implodes. In turn, they'll start grabbing private property.

GreenRiver
05-24-2010, 08:45 PM
The best method for the Paul campaign, IMHO, opinion is to ignore the controversy created by his inarticulate response. He needs to start and continue to define himself as the small government, pro-life, pro-America, pro-business candidate in every interview to come and always tie-in Conway as the big-government, pro-choice, and Obama candidate. Any attempt to raise the spectre of the controversy should be met with a direct challenge to the interviewer to focus on this issues of today and not 40 years ago.

Heck maybe the campaign could come out with a commercial depicting Conway as the rubber-stamp candidate. Trot out Cap & Trade, Health Care, Immigration, etc... and have Conway's name rubber stamped on each piece.

We all just need to move on.

CheezItsRule
05-24-2010, 09:15 PM
The best method for the Paul campaign, IMHO, opinion is to ignore the controversy created by his inarticulate response. He needs to start and continue to define himself as the small government, pro-life, pro-America, pro-business candidate in every interview to come...

And don't forget pro-2nd amendment. Repub or Dem- KY folks want to keep their guns!:p

BamaFanNKy
05-24-2010, 09:17 PM
And don't forget pro-2nd amendment. Repub or Dem- KY folks want to keep their guns!:p

Conway is pro Gun as well.

parocks
05-24-2010, 09:21 PM
I think that people need to be reminded that the segregation at lunch counters back in the day was not voluntary. It was not the free choice of lunch counter owners. It was forced upon lunch counter owners by the Government. State government. And every single one of the governors who signed the segregated lunch counter laws was a DEMOCRAT.

I like the Con Law 101 treatment. But it would just confuse most people. People today think that all the segregated lunch counters were segregated because the owners wanted them segregated. Completely untrue, and it would really help our argument if people understood that.

Link to Jim Crow laws - http://academic.udayton.edu/race/02rights/jcrow02.htm

But now that we are keenly aware of Gregory's motives, Rand shouldn't just cordially discuss the issues but actually go out of his way to intellectually discredit David Gregory's hollow statist arguments. In other words, hit him on FDR and the Supreme Court Packing Threat which made the New Deal possible. Discuss the private property nullifications which arrived with Wickard vs. Filburn. Rip apart the price fixing, the wage fixing & the hog slaughtering, which is completely anthetical to the American principles of free enterprise and self-determination.

Then move onto the unintended consequences of the CRA when Gregory starts to dig there for dirt. Ask Gregory if he supports the right for trade unions and other racially centric associations to exercise their first amendment right of freedom of association. In other words, go in there and slaughter every popular myth the Democrats have utilized to keep the masses in check over the past 80 years. Take no prisoners. Gregory's head would be spinning after I was done with him.

DeadheadForPaul
05-24-2010, 10:06 PM

It luckily won't play in Kentucky, but you're right about the CRA thing potentially hurting him on a national platform

Once Rand gets in office, he needs to make 1 or 2 WELL-PUBLICIZED/BIG NEWS political moves relating to race in order get the CRA stuff behind him

I'm sure he can figure out a smart way to combat the "racist" claim

sailingaway
05-24-2010, 10:09 PM
It clearly was done to poison the well for a future presidential run.

Will the people still fall for it? some, certainly, but were they the ones who would ever vote for him or were they utterly wedded to entitlement mentality in any event?