PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Caller on Rush

billv
10-12-2007, 10:56 AM
The caller called up, wanted to talk about Ron Paul. Rush said there wasn't much time. Rush basically says, 7,6,5...not much time left, what can I say about Ron Paul. Ron Paul, Ron Paul...

Then he went to break. Unless he says something after the break, he's a jackass.

billv
10-12-2007, 10:58 AM
Yep, no mention after the break. Jackass.

kylejack
10-12-2007, 11:00 AM
Rush is on our side. He just can't say so yet because the party's so pro-war.

angelatc
10-12-2007, 11:01 AM
I gave up on rush in the early to mid '90's. There was some feminist study that he was blabbering on about. I didn't necessarily agree with his position, but he was not above using half truths and omissions to get to his point.

I found myself needing to correct people I agreed with, because they were getting all their information from him.

DaronWestbrooke
10-12-2007, 11:02 AM

When has Rush ever been on our side? He is a pro-war spokesperson for neocons and whenever Dr. Paul's name comes up, he mocks him (like it looks like he did here.)

wgadget
10-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Yeah, it's "Open Line Friday"

I hope someone can take advantage of the chance to talk about Ron Paul. I'll keep listening. I don't see how they can get away with totally avoiding the man for so long. The bias is so obvious.

kylejack
10-12-2007, 11:03 AM
When has Rush ever been on our side? He is a pro-war spokesperson for neocons and whenever Dr. Paul's name comes up, he mocks him (like it looks like he did here.)

Cite your source for Rush mocking Ron Paul. I contend that he has been very careful not to mock Ron Paul.

brandon
10-12-2007, 11:04 AM
hmmmm very interesting. Last night I went out with the philly meetup to a rush speech. We handed out slim jims to the crowd, and about 50% of them either already liked, or were very interested in learning more about Ron Paul. Overall, it went very well.

Some nice people attending the show even gave some of our meet up members FREE tickets (they cost 80$ a piece)

I'm sure Rush noticed half of his audience holding Ron Paul slim jims in thier hands!

Brock Landers
10-12-2007, 11:05 AM

He better pledge his allegence quick, because we'll be less forgiving once we've gained critical mass. Ignoring Ron Paul until then is a mistake, regardless of Rush's closet 'beliefs'.

wgadget
10-12-2007, 11:06 AM
P.S. Does anyone else here think it's CREEPY when these talk show hosts go up to Washington for a "briefing" with Bush?

It seems they go up there to get their marching orders. Then they come back and say it's all hush-hush, and they can't talk about it. Makes me wonder...

paulitics

nah he's not. He's pro torture, pro wiretapping, pro pre emptive war. The only thing he agrees with Ron Paul on is economic policy. He's a quasi-neocon.

DaronWestbrooke
Cite your source for Rush mocking Ron Paul. I contend that he has been very careful not to mock Ron Paul.

ahh.. how about.. hmmmmmmm .. .. the call we are discussing for one.

Jimmy
10-12-2007, 11:07 AM

The party has left us.....if you told Ronald Regan 30 years ago that the republican front runners for president were anti gun and the like,,, he would have laughed at you. Rush can stand with them as the drift further left he if he likes.....but another 30-40 years he'll be standing with the conservative communist instead of the communist....because there better than the other alternative. I say make a stand now or keep drifting until the constitution is a forgotten peice of paper illegal to mention in this great land.

micahnelson
10-12-2007, 11:08 AM
Ok here is how to get on the line with him.

Talk about the draft Al Gore movement. The media is trying to say his campaign is picking up steam. Mention how many "Draft Al Gore" meetups there are, and then say "Ron Paul has ten times that. I guess the media doesn't want to talk about a conservative having massive grassroots support- but are more than willing to talk on and on about a phoney environmentalist and his phoney online support. The internet already has a candidate, Ron Paul."

terlinguatx

wgadget
He said callers can discuss "pretty much" whatever they want.

Key words: pretty much

kylejack
nah he's not. He's pro torture, pro wiretapping, pro pre emptive war. The only thing he agrees with Ron Paul on is economic policy. He's a quasi-neocon.
One of the most critical components of neoconservatism is favoring social programs. Rush is a traditional conservative who has lost his way. I suspect he's watching Ron Paul Youtube videos late at night when nobody's watching.

paulitics
10-12-2007, 11:09 AM
P.S. Does anyone else here think it's CREEPY when these talk show hosts go up to Washington for a "briefing" with Bush?

It seems they go up there to get their marching orders. Then they come back and say it's all hush-hush, and they can't talk about it. Makes me wonder...

Well, as soon as they came back from this briefing they turned up the ANTI _IRAN rhetoric, and put the brakes on the anti-immigration rhetoric. This was right after the immigration bill fiasco.

kylejack
10-12-2007, 11:09 AM
ahh.. how about.. hmmmmmmm .. .. the call we are discussing for one.
I don't know if you've heard of "hard breaks", but they're non-negotiable. That's also not mockery.

brandon
10-12-2007, 11:10 AM
It is vital that we get Rush's listeners on our side. No matter how much we disagree with them, calling them names and such does not help. Please swallow your pride and be respectful to him and his audience for the time being, and an endorsement may be coming.

dircha
10-12-2007, 11:10 AM

Right.

At least Jason Lewis, who filled in for Rush yesterday, is honest. His position is basically, "we're in Iraq for our own strategic military and economic interests ...so what?"

steph3n
10-12-2007, 11:12 AM
I have to agree with you, I am recalling back when I first learned of Rush on sat TV staying up until almost midnight to watch him come on, he was always talking about how the liberals were making the constitution to be a living document, anti one world government etc, he has been blinded and can't see how this is going that direction in a HuRRY right now. He knows the truth, and hopefully hte blinders will be removed.

One of the most critical components of neoconservatism is favoring social programs. Rush is a traditional conservative who has lost his way. I suspect he's watching Ron Paul Youtube videos late at night when nobody's watching.

johngr
10-12-2007, 11:21 AM
The only thing [Rush Limbaugh] agrees with Ron Paul on is economic policy. He's a quasi-neocon.

Rush Limbaugh wants to get rid of fiat/debt money? I seriously doubt it. That would cripple the military-industrial complex. He's a Communist.

Duckman
10-12-2007, 11:23 AM
It is vital that we get Rush's listeners on our side ... an endorsement may be coming.

Hmmmmmmm.... well, I doubt this would happen. If it did happen, I have concern that it might damage Ron Paul's potential to attract crossover Democrats, since Democrats hate Rush as much as conservatives hate George Soros. There's no doubt it would help get Paul nominated though, and I guess that is still the real challenge.

atilla
10-12-2007, 11:26 AM
he is an entertainer, who's only interest is in making money.

http://pssht.com/biography/rush_limbaugh.html

erowe1
I heard that call, that was great!

The more Limbaugh's audience learns about Paul the more support he'll get from them. They are really a field ripe for the harvest. I don't think any of the front running candidates has the potential to appeal to them as much as Paul does.
Don't be discouraged by Rush's refusal to talk about Paul on this call.

Instead, look at it this way. Rush spent 10 seconds just talking about talking about Paul, mentioning his name several times.
Let's say there were 4 million people listening to Rush at that moment. And let's say that his comments prompted 0.25% of them to be curious enough to look up Ron Paul on Google. That's 10,000 people looking him up. And let's say that out of those people another 0.25% decide they now want to support RP. That's 250 people. And let's say that out of those 250 people, a handful decide to donate some money over the next few months as their level of commitment grows. Let's say that money adds up to a total of $1000 donated between all of them.

I'd say that if that caller waited on hold for one hour to let Rush waste those 10 seconds talking about Ron without talking about him, well, for $1000 donated to the campaign, that's time well spent!

Great job to whomever it was!

We need to do this every week on open line Friday. Keep trying to get him to talk about Paul. And keep being polite. It will always be worth it. And the more opportunities Rush has to say good things about Paul, the more likely it will be that he eventually does. The eventual payoff will be huge!

Grandson of Liberty
Somewhere out there a call screener is looking for a new job.

erowe1
10-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Just to add a personal note. The way I became an avid Ron Paul supporter was by becoming curious enough to look him up after I heard a caller mention him on Rush a couple months ago. I had assumed that Paul was a leftist interloper in the GOP because all I knew about him was his stance on the war. But the caller talked as if he were the most conservative candidate, and Rush took him seriously. When I checked it out I found out it was true, and I've been hooked ever since. I've donated $275 as of now and will donate at least that much more between now and January. I'm an assistant organizer in my Meetup and have been very actively campaigning for Paul. Even if I'm the only fruit from that call a couple months ago (and I doubt that I am), then it was a successful campaign move for that caller to make. I've been listening to Rush for 15 years, ever since I was in high school. I agree with him on almost everything. And I think I'm pretty typical of his audience.

erowe1
10-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Right.

At least Jason Lewis, who filled in for Rush yesterday, is honest. His position is basically, "we're in Iraq for our own strategic military and economic interests ...so what?"

That's identical to Rush's position.

erowe1
10-12-2007, 11:49 AM

He's not pro-torture, he's just not against using interrogation methods that may involve discomfort at a level that is less severe than what fraternity hazing involves. The left wants us to think that being in a 60 degree room with rap music playing qualifies as genuine torture.

terlinguatx
10-12-2007, 11:49 AM

OptionsTrader
10-12-2007, 11:51 AM

You must be kidding.

kylejack
10-12-2007, 11:52 AM
You must be kidding.

No, seriously. Ron Paul is the only credible candidate with regard to fiscal conservatism, which has always been Limbaugh's top issue.

erowe1
10-12-2007, 12:00 PM
I'd like to ask Rush if he would be willing to bring the troops home from Iraq and everywhere else in exchange for a repeal of the income tax, replacing it with nothing. I bet he'd take that deal faster than you can say vicodin.

Bithmus
10-12-2007, 12:20 PM
I was an avid Rush fan in college a few years ago and still like to listen when I can. I agree that his listeners are a good place to find new Ron Paul supporters. Call him if you can!

CodeMonkey
10-12-2007, 12:32 PM
He's not pro-torture, he's just not against using interrogation methods that may involve discomfort at a level that is less severe than what fraternity hazing involves. The left wants us to think that being in a 60 degree room with rap music playing qualifies as genuine torture.

Being deprived of sleep for long periods of time is torture. Seriously. It causes mental and physical suffering and if prolonged enough it can kill you.

michaelwise
10-12-2007, 12:42 PM
RP supporting on again Rush answering now.

michaelwise
10-12-2007, 12:43 PM
replied about marching orders.

jaumen
10-12-2007, 12:44 PM
is it possible to listen to rush online without being a member of the 24/7 thing that i see on his website? i'd like to be able to hear some of this stuff.

familydog
10-12-2007, 12:45 PM
Rush Limbaugh a communist? What does that make democrats like Hillary then? lol :eek:

Endorsements don't do really that much. Al Gore endorsed Dean in 04, look how far that got him. George Cloony endorsed Obama but he still lags in the polls. So what? You think a democrat will not vote for Ron Paul because someone they hate likes him too? That's naive. Even if that was the case I question their support for Ron Paul in the first place.

I was listening to Rush today when that caller phoned in and I was disapointed Rush didn't say more than he did, but did I think he was mocking Ron? Nah. Just because Rush doesn't talk about Dr. Paul all day every day and say nothing but cookies and puppies about him doesn't mean he hates Ron Paul or would never support him. Just because Rush is a neo-con on foreign policy doesn't mean anything about his support or lack of support for him. I have yet to see any "mocking" of Ron Paul by Rush or actually any sort of comment that would rule him out a potential supporter. If you can tell me one, please by all means let me know so I know for future reference.

Hook
10-12-2007, 12:58 PM
I think Rush considers Dr. Paul to be irrelevant more than anything else. If Rush believes that RP has any chance at all, he will talk about him more, good or bad. Time will tell.

kylejack
10-12-2007, 01:00 PM
I think Rush considers Dr. Paul to be irrelevant more than anything else. If Rush believes that RP has any chance at all, he will talk about him more, good or bad. Time will tell.
Notice that even when RP is brought up, he's curiously silent on any sort of opinion. He just says things like "Yes, a lot of people say that to me" without agreeing or disagreeing with the caller. I think he'd be fully behind Ron Paul if Ron Paul proved he was electable. I'm talking double digit polling.

steph3n
10-12-2007, 01:02 PM
yes double digit LANDLINE calling :)

Notice that even when RP is brought up, he's curiously silent on any sort of opinion. He just says things like "Yes, a lot of people say that to me" without agreeing or disagreeing with the caller. I think he'd be fully behind Ron Paul if Ron Paul proved he was electable. I'm talking double digit polling.

stevedasbach
10-12-2007, 01:03 PM
It is vital that we get Rush's listeners on our side. No matter how much we disagree with them, calling them names and such does not help. Please swallow your pride and be respectful to him and his audience for the time being, and an endorsement may be coming.

Hopefully HQ will be spending some of that $430k in radio advertising on Rush's show in early primary states. If a conservative radio host won't talk about Ron, we can reach his/her audience via advertising, where we get to control the message.

kylejack
10-12-2007, 01:05 PM
yes double digit LANDLINE calling :)

Right. :)

erowe1
10-12-2007, 01:11 PM
is it possible to listen to rush online without being a member of the 24/7 thing that i see on his website? i'd like to be able to hear some of this stuff.

You can't listen from his own website. But you can listen by finding a radio station that plays his show and allows you to listen online. I listen to him online on WOWO sometimes.

JMann
10-12-2007, 01:20 PM
Rush had his chance in '92 to endorse Buchanan against King George I. He played with the idea for a while before falling in line behind Bush. He then became very anti-Buchanan and he never had a good thing to say about him in '96. Rush is fully in line with the party now and has lost his independent streak.

kylejack
10-12-2007, 01:24 PM
For some reason I'm not a big Buchanan fan.

mconder
10-12-2007, 01:26 PM

The only era in which this was remotely true was in the Rush golden age where all he did was bash Clinton.

BillyDkid
10-12-2007, 01:26 PM
Bull. Rush is on Rush's side.

BillyDkid
10-12-2007, 01:28 PM
Rush does nothing but appeal to the worst instincts and jingoism of Americans. He is a shameless and corrupt as are all of the neo-cons.

Spirit of '76
10-12-2007, 01:46 PM
Rush had his chance in '92 to endorse Buchanan against King George I. He played with the idea for a while before falling in line behind Bush. He then became very anti-Buchanan and he never had a good thing to say about him in '96.

He disassociated himself from Pat when the meme took hold that Pat is an "anti-semite". Rush knows which side of his bread gets the butter.

For some reason I'm not a big Buchanan fan.

Pat's a good guy.

Pete
10-12-2007, 02:16 PM
Rush needs to figure out if he has enough money to grow a conscience. :D

Tin_Foil_Hat
10-12-2007, 02:51 PM

Save this link. You'll find tons of stuff to listen to on-line any time of the day. http://streamingradioguide.com/radio-shows-on-air.php

Jared Callanan
10-12-2007, 02:52 PM
Believe it or not from my listening, Rush hasn't trashed or been negative towards the Congressman. Unlike Sean Hannity, Rush is smart he knows everyone is in contention for the nomination and he knows if he trashes Paul he is going to look like a hypocritical fool come the general election. He is going to continue to play it safe, ole boy Sean is screwed though, I can't wait.

Tin_Foil_Hat
10-12-2007, 02:55 PM
replied about marching orders.

What does this mean?

paulitics
10-12-2007, 02:56 PM
Believe it or not from my listening, Rush hasn't trashed or been negative towards the Congressman. Unlike Sean Hannity, Rush is smart he knows everyone is in contention for the nomination and he knows if he trashes Paul he is going to look like a hypocritical fool come the general election. He is going to continue to play it safe, ole boy Sean is screwed though, I can't wait.

I agree with this. ( Rush is playing it safe)

Jared Callanan
10-12-2007, 03:09 PM
Rush Limbaugh a communist? What does that make democrats like Hillary then? lol :eek:

Endorsements don't do really that much. Al Gore endorsed Dean in 04, look how far that got him. George Cloony endorsed Obama but he still lags in the polls. So what? You think a democrat will not vote for Ron Paul because someone they hate likes him too? That's naive. Even if that was the case I question their support for Ron Paul in the first place.

Well, endorsements do mean something, I mean to bring up a George Clooney endorsement as if he has any credence in the political theatre is a little silly - it would be like saying that Mel Gibson's endorsement would mean something to AIPac. The Al Gore endorsement had a negative effect because; A. He wasn't nearly as popular as he is today and B. Dean was considered a maverick outsider and endorsements from people like Al Gore made people think differently. I firmly believe that if Edwards or Obama secured a current endorsement from Al Gore that they would enjoy a significant bounce in the polls. Pat Buchanan taking the endorsement of Lenora Fulani proved to be a critical mistake in his run in 2000.

What kind of endorsement would help Ron Paul? Because of his low name recognition and the MSM refusing to give him a fair playing field I would say that any endorsement from a large name respectable politician would help put the Doctor in the headlines and thus helping us. One of the better endorsements I could imagine right now was if Brownback and or Tancredo dropped out and endorsed Paul. Tancredo would especially help because he is polling better in NH and IA and would bring over a lot of "Buchanan Brigaders" who are great campaigners. I same Brownback because I think he has a sneaky presence in Iowa, but let it be known that Brownback would never endorse Paul while I could definitely see Tancredo doing so.

familydog
10-12-2007, 03:26 PM
I doubt that Sam or Tom's endorsement would help as much as an entertainer like Rush or an actor like Cloony. If the lay person doesn't know who Dr. Paul is, there is a great chance they don't know who Tancredo or Brownback are either. I'm sure if one of those two condidates dropped out and endorsed Dr. Paul we will get some votes, but Rush has much more of a loyal following than they do.

Jared Callanan
10-12-2007, 04:13 PM
I doubt that Sam or Tom's endorsement would help as much as an entertainer like Rush or an actor like Cloony. If the lay person doesn't know who Dr. Paul is, there is a great chance they don't know who Tancredo or Brownback are either. I'm sure if one of those two condidates dropped out and endorsed Dr. Paul we will get some votes, but Rush has much more of a loyal following than they do.

Obviously, that's a no-brainer in regard to Rush Limbaugh. As for Clooney I don't see how that would help all that much, lets not forget that Ralph Nader in 2000 toured the country with his pack of celebrities and rock bands and still didn't come close to being a real contender for the presidency.

Geronimo
10-12-2007, 05:35 PM

It's too bad that Rush and Beck aren't humble enough to keep their mouths shut about going to Washington on "secret business".

I found it a little odd at first, but I've finally come to expect this from paid propagandists.

Delivered4000
10-12-2007, 06:07 PM
Yeah I heard it, he kept hmming and counting. Rush is a joke. I can't believe people trust him.