PDA

View Full Version : HQ E-Mail Bounced Yesterday?

kylejack
10-12-2007, 10:45 AM
This can't be good.

Mail Delivery System <Mailer-Daemon@perfora.net>
to me

show details
Oct 11 (19 hours ago)
This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of
its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following addresses
failed:

quota exceeded:
mail@ronpaul2008.com

I hope nothing important is bouncing.

LibertyEagle
10-12-2007, 11:04 AM
Looks like their mailbox is full. Maybe if we stopped sending them emails for a good long while, they just might be able to catch up. Not to mention, get the emails from people who are just trying to get a little more information about him so they can decide whether to vote for him.

tekkierich
10-12-2007, 11:06 AM
I volunteer at HQ to answer mail that goes into that box. I know that it is completely overwhelmed. Last weekend they were 3 weeks behind in answering new mail with 1500 new messages that were still unread. I have tried to organize my Maryland folks to go down and help answer the mail, but no takers.

HQ understands that they need to beef up their e-mail effort. I am not sure what is convulsively being done about it however.

hopeforamerica
10-12-2007, 11:12 AM
I volunteer at HQ to answer mail that goes into that box. I know that it is completely overwhelmed. Last weekend they were 3 weeks behind in answering new mail with 1500 new messages that were still unread. I have tried to organize my Maryland folks to go down and help answer the mail, but no takers.

HQ understands that they need to beef up their e-mail effort. I am not sure what is convulsively being done about it however.

Really? I wish we could help from wherever we are. There would be tons of volunteers!

ghemminger
10-12-2007, 11:15 AM

could we organize an email answering campaign here on the forums? Spread the work around.

tekkierich
10-12-2007, 11:18 AM
They want to keep the e-mail on site for security reasons. It is also very good to have staffers over your shoulder to help the volunteer correctly formulate an answer.

I just called the campaign (took 8 rings to answer, they must be very busy). Brandon stated that they are aware that an error is going out for some reason. They are working on it but THEY ARE GETTING THE MAIL.

Anyone in the DC metro area, please think about giving some time after work that the campaign HQ. They can really use the help.

ghemminger
10-12-2007, 11:24 AM
They want to keep the e-mail on site for security reasons. It is also very good to have staffers over your shoulder to help the volunteer correctly formulate an answer.

I just called the campaign (took 8 rings to answer, they must be very busy). Brandon stated that they are aware that an error is going out for some reason. They are working on it but THEY ARE GETTING THE MAIL.

Anyone in the DC metro area, please think about giving some time after work that the campaign HQ. They can really use the help.

yes tekiereich - they could flag all non-important email and direct them to this forum and we could answer there questions here....

tekkierich
10-12-2007, 11:29 AM
Sorry, it is not going to work that way. They need to have a controlled message that is 100% in line with Ron Paul, it is the official campaign after all.

Sending the wrong message to a potential voter is more detrimental than a delayed reply.

They have a good methodology as is, they just need to scale up.

tekkierich
10-12-2007, 01:41 PM
Is anyone in the DC area able to give some time to this effort? It is really fun sitting in HQ and interacting with staff. It pumped me up when I did it.