PDA

View Full Version : Where the left agrees with Rand

1000-points-of-fright
05-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Perhaps the left should think about all the things they would get if there were more Rand Pauls in office.

End to the Drug War. Legalization or at least decriminalization of drugs.
Gays in the Military
A smaller, more efficient military and a way smaller military budget
Fewer wars
No cap on BP's and other corporations' liabilities
End to all corporate subsidies
Repeal of the Patriot Act
Government out of the marriage business
Money that doesn't depreciate

trey4sports
05-23-2010, 01:26 PM
Perhaps the left should think about all the things they would get if there were more Rand Pauls in office.

Gays in the Military

unfortanetly Rand wont stick up for many of those ideals, and certainly not the drug war

hugolp
05-23-2010, 01:34 PM

Gays in the Military
Fewer wars

Progressive believe that depreciating money is a good thing. I know its weird, but they have something against savings for some reason. Its all "spend and consume!" for them.

RM918
05-23-2010, 01:37 PM
Unfortunately, that's not the tact they're going to take. They're running with left vs. right, and they're not going to mention or campaign on much if any of those issues. The progressives want a knife-fight, they're going to get one.

DeadheadForPaul
05-23-2010, 01:38 PM
unfortanetly Rand wont stick up for many of those ideals, and certainly not the drug war

Yeah it's too bad Rand won't bomb his campaign

dude, why are you here? Haven't seen you type 1 positive comment

MsDoodahs
05-23-2010, 01:42 PM
dude, why are you here? Haven't seen you type 1 positive comment

you know why he's here.

Fozz
05-23-2010, 01:42 PM
They don't care. The liberal left has decided to be our enemy.

Brett85
05-23-2010, 02:26 PM
Rand supports "Don't ask, don't tell." Ron has stated that he supports that policy as well. I also hope that he doesn't support a "smaller military." I hope that he believes that we should have the #1 military in the world, but that we should use our military to defend our own country rather than other countries around the world.

TheFlashlight.org
05-23-2010, 03:14 PM
They're trying hard to hate him, but can't! Even the elite media left has a grudging respect and sense of hypocrisy in their remarks.

1000-points-of-fright
05-23-2010, 04:15 PM
Rand supports "Don't ask, don't tell." Ron has stated that he supports that policy as well. I also hope that he doesn't support a "smaller military." I hope that he believes that we should have the #1 military in the world, but that we should use our military to defend our own country rather than other countries around the world.

A) When Ron said he supported DADT, he was being humorous in that DADT should apply to heterosexuals too. He supports gays in the military. Any kind of disruptive sexual behavior, straight or gay, should be punished.

2) The #1 military does not need to be the biggest. China has a bigger military than us. Do you think they are better? Do we really need to spend as much money as the rest of the world combined to have the best military? Don't you think we should perhaps do more with less?

Why is it that "traditional conservatives" always rant about the excesses and waste of government, but somehow the military is above reproach?

Brett85
05-23-2010, 04:26 PM
A) When Ron said he supported DADT, he was being humorous in that DADT should apply to heterosexuals too. He supports gays in the military. Any kind of disruptive sexual behavior, straight or gay, should be punished.

2) The #1 military does not need to be the biggest. China has a bigger military than us. Do you think they are better? Do we really need to spend as much money as the rest of the world combined to have the best military? Don't you think we should perhaps do more with less?

Why is it that "traditional conservatives" always rant about the excesses and waste of government, but somehow the military is above reproach?

Like Rand has said, national defense is the number one priority for the federal government. It's something that is enumerated in the Constitution. We need to have a strong military as a deterrent against countries that wish to harm us. We can't protect freedom and liberty without a strong military. Also, I fully support closing all of our overseas military bases and bringing our troops home. We would save a lot of money that way. But I don't support cutting defense spending here at home.