PDA

View Full Version : George Will: Rand Paul is 'Frivolous'

MichelleHeart
05-23-2010, 10:39 AM
Article here (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2010/05/george-will-rand-paul-is-frivolous.html).

George F. Will doesn’t mince words. Rand Paul is “frivolous.”

“There is no reason to believe Rand Paul is a racist. There is now reason to believe that he is frivolous,” Will said on “This Week.”

“He doesn’t understand that his job is to win a Senate seat, not conduct a seminar on libertarian philosophy,” Will told “This Week” host Jake Tapper.

“The simple fact is that in 1964, we, as a nation, repealed one widely-exercised right – the right of private property owners to serve on public accommodations whom they want – and replaced it with another right, that is the right of the entire American public to use public accommodations,” Will said.

“We were correct to do so and in the process, we refuted an old notion: that you cannot – and this may offend some libertarians – the notion was you cannot legislate morality. Yes you can,” Will said. “We did.”

“We not only got African-Americans into public accommodations, we changed the thinking of the white portion of the country as well,” he explained.

teamrican1
05-23-2010, 10:42 AM
Unsurprising attitude from one of Washington's most entrenched and esteemed statists.

sofia
05-23-2010, 10:50 AM
...no surprise here.....

George Will....25 year member of the CFR

aspiringconstitutionalist
05-23-2010, 10:50 AM
Aww.. and George Will had been building up so much respect in my mind before this....

sofia
05-23-2010, 10:55 AM
Aww.. and George Will had been building up so much respect in my mind before this....

u must have not been around in 1992 when Pat Buchannan chgallened Bush Sr.

Will wents nuts on Pat.......demanding to know why white seperatists were supporting him!!!

as if Pat can control who sends him money,

HOLLYWOOD
05-23-2010, 10:59 AM
The entire ABC's THIS WEEK hour is a joke.

At the round table they had that Marxist Bitch Kookie Roberts playing the right with Will. (no other right wing hack wanted to show to defend Rand?)

Of course the left was all too well prepared for the Rand/Ron/Libertarian bashing with... racist pig Donna Brazile and the Devil himself, Sam Donaldson.

What will said about Rand is nothing... Kookie, Donaldson and Brazile all laughed when Will mention RON PAUL instead of Rand, mocking comments such as Donaldson saying, "Oh you mean get rid of the FEDERAL RESERVE and replace it with nothing... laughs" from all... Donna Brazile says... and "Get rid of the Dept of Education and the Income Tax" more laughs... Kook Roberts says something I couldn't make out...

The threat to statists/centrists has both signs attacking Liberties/Freedoms and Libertarians.

Kook Roberts playing the support right proves: The False Dichotomy of the Duopoly continues to Terrorize our Freedoms, Liberties, and US Constitution. Retaining Control/Power to the racketeering duopoly.

MichelleHeart
05-23-2010, 11:03 AM
The entire ABC's THIS WEEK hour is a joke.

At the round table they had that Marxist Bitch Kookie Roberts playing the right with Will. (no other right wing hack wanted to show to defend Rand?)

Of course the left was all too well prepared for the Rand/Ron/Libertarian bashing with... racist pig Donna Brazile and the Devil himself, Sam Donaldson.

What will said about Rand is nothing... Kookie, Donaldson and Brazile all laughed when Will mention RON PAUL instead of Rand, mocking comments such as Donaldson saying, Oh you mean get rid of the FEDERAL RESERVE and replace it with nothing... laughs from all... Donna Brazile says... and "Get rid of the Dept of Education and the Income Tax" more laughs... Kook Roberts says something I couldn't make out...

The threat to statists/centrists has both signs attacking Liberties/Freedoms and Libertarians.

Really? I haven't watched it today, but...wtf. Are they trying to make themselves out to be statist freaks? I don't know how anyone can take the MSM seriously nowadays.

Golding
05-23-2010, 11:03 AM
God complex. He thinks government grants rights. He's wrong. Simple as that.

lynnf
05-23-2010, 11:30 AM
Article here (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalpunch/2010/05/george-will-rand-paul-is-frivolous.html).

you cannot remove rights granted by the constitution with a law -- it takes a constitutional amendment.

lynn

Inflation
05-23-2010, 11:40 AM
I'd love to see George Will assert his fancy newfangled "right of the entire American public to use public accommodations" in a barrio where nobody speaks English, or in a ghetto where everyone speaks Ebonics, and prefer the company of their own kind.

I'd love to see George Will assert his fancy newfangled "right of the entire American public to use public accommodations" in a place of worship usually reserved for Ultra Orthodox Jews, or fire-and-brimstone black Pentecosts.

I'd love to see George Will assert his fancy newfangled "right of the entire American public to use public accommodations"where he doesn't belong.

I'd love to see George Will assert his fancy newfangled "right of the entire American public to use public accommodations" and get his ass kicked.

Anti Federalist
05-23-2010, 12:04 PM
No surprise here, that the entire establishment is crashing down on his head.

But Will is right about legislating morality.

Of course you can, drinking, smoking and private segregation being some examples right off the top of my head.

That doesn't make it right, any more than saying you can tax income or hold people indefinitely in prison makes that right.

Because once you go down that road of group rights and the collective being greater than the individual, then someday there will come a president who's moral compass says that enemies of the state should be exterminated in the killing field.

MichelleHeart
05-23-2010, 12:07 PM
I'd love to see George Will assert his fancy newfangled "right of the entire American public to use public accommodations" in a barrio where nobody speaks English, or in a ghetto where everyone speaks Ebonics, and prefer the company of their own kind.

I'd love to see George Will assert his fancy newfangled "right of the entire American public to use public accommodations" in a place of worship usually reserved for Ultra Orthodox Jews, or fire-and-brimstone black Pentecosts.

I'd love to see George Will assert his fancy newfangled "right of the entire American public to use public accommodations"where he doesn't belong.

I'd love to see George Will assert his fancy newfangled "right of the entire American public to use public accommodations" and get his ass kicked.

That reminds me - I'd love to see George Will assert his fancy newfangled "right of the entire American public to use public accommodations" in a KKK robe at the restaurant of a black property owner.

aGameOfThrones
05-23-2010, 12:13 PM
you cannot remove rights granted by the constitution with a law -- it takes a constitutional amendment.

lynn

Really? I thought the Constitution Protected Rights not Grant them.

NYgs23
05-23-2010, 12:22 PM
“The simple fact is that in 1964, we, as a nation, repealed one widely-exercised right – the right of private property owners to serve on public accommodations whom they want – and replaced it with another right, that is the right of the entire American public to use public accommodations,” Will said.

“We were correct to do so and in the process, we refuted an old notion: that you cannot – and this may offend some libertarians – the notion was you cannot legislate morality. Yes you can,” Will said. “We did.”

Great. So can "we as a nation" repeal the right of people to control their own bodies and replace with the right to enslave and murder people?

silentshout
05-23-2010, 12:58 PM
Isn't this the guy who wrote an article last year decrying the fact that people wear jeans in public?