PDA

View Full Version : DNC releases vicious attack ad smearing Rand Paul

MichelleHeart
05-23-2010, 08:49 AM
YouTube - Rand Paul: Too Extreme (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYsL0OKwPFM)

catdd
05-23-2010, 08:55 AM
Good for Rand, he has all the right people pissed.

Aratus
05-23-2010, 08:58 AM
i KNOW i too saw DNC in the fine print at the bottom of the screen...
DNC = D.C = SOMETHING THE WHITE HOUSE LIKED MOST TOTALLY!!!
this is not a small sneaky fly-by-nite 527 or PAC of murky paper*trail...
he called out Obama, he done got Obama's POLITE reply via the DNC!

Aratus
05-23-2010, 09:02 AM
the next flood of small "fly by nite" pac and 527 ads may be dreadfully worse...

SolusSLX
05-23-2010, 09:08 AM
I don't see how this is really going to help their cause much, it sounds more like it will just open up libertarian debate in the country which could bring people together.

Is this an actual TV ad? The description says "DNC Web Ad". If it's youtube only then it's likely to link to Rand's actual words, which could further discredit the out of context speech in this video. It's almost like the 'left' are trying to sabotage themselves...

Aratus
05-23-2010, 09:13 AM
attn'y gen'l martha coakley went totally negative up here in january to the degree i now
wonder how menopausal she was and i am VERY female and close in age to her... so is
this salvo actually a bright idearrrr by the white house on the heels of scott brown's win
and ex-governor sarah palin's defense of rand today on FOX in terms of "gotcha" questions?

dean.engelhardt
05-23-2010, 09:19 AM
Paul never said that segregated lunch counters are OK, unless I missed something. Did they show Rand saying he likes the CRA?

Aratus
05-23-2010, 09:23 AM
they did edit the sound clips for the ad. the press release clarifying his stance
after the maddow interview evidently did not make its way to rahm emanuel.

sluggo
05-23-2010, 09:47 AM
They'll do anything to smear Rand and take attention off CONway.

I think it's going to blow up in their faces.

AlexMerced
05-23-2010, 09:51 AM
yeah that add make rand seem that extreme, not of the clips they showed sounded too bad honestly

AGRP
05-23-2010, 09:53 AM
This is pathetic.

I suppose the RNC could release an ad about the DNCs stanch support of the Jim Crow laws among every other racist law in this country. How MLK Jr. was a Rep, busing black children around, rejecting hard working students from colleges simply based on their skin color. All without misinterpreting facts as they do with Rand.

The RNC could do a wonderful job at characterizing the DNC as a huge group of racists, but they dont.

SolusSLX
05-23-2010, 10:06 AM
A possible simple YouTube video in response. "If they can do it, we can do it"

Reporter: "Do you support the Civil Rights Act?"

Rand Paul: "I support civil rights."

Rand Paul: "I would have been there marching with MLK."

-cut-

MSNBC/DNC: "Wow. Rand Paul is just wrong. Saying those kinds of things are just not acceptable in this day and age." or something to that effect.

MichelleHeart
05-23-2010, 10:28 AM
A possible simple YouTube video in response. "If they can do it, we can do it"

Reporter: "Do you support the Civil Rights Act?"

Rand Paul: "I support civil rights."

Rand Paul: "I would have been there marching with MLK."

-cut-

MSNBC/DNC: "Wow. Rand Paul is just wrong. Saying those kinds of things are just not acceptable in this day and age." or something to that effect.

Hahahahahaha. xD