PDA

View Full Version : Fox News Debate 10/21

Johnnybags
10-12-2007, 09:44 AM
Due to the lack of fairness to all candidates at the FOX NEWS debate in NH and other debates. I am requesting a poll to preempt such a display from happening again. Just want to know before I organize an online petition if its worth it, bad idea, etc and if its worth it would people be willing to spread the word. My idea is to get 20,000 or so interested in a real debate to pledge to cancel their cable subscription service on 10/22 if FOX news:

1. Does not provide the opportunity for equal time
2. Does not use a drawing to determine podium position( I add this in because at the last debate they claim they did and it is mathmetically unlikely Rudy,McCain,Romney, Guiliani actually all just happened to land dead center, and now Thompson).

This is not Ron Paul specific, it is simply fairness to all. I would put the petition online like the one that went to Anuzis and address it to FOX News and the Florida Republican party.

tekkierich
10-12-2007, 09:46 AM
I have donated hours of time and many dollars for Paul, canceling cable is not something that will happen however ;-)

hopeforamerica
10-12-2007, 09:47 AM
Don't have cable. I use youtube ;)

Brock Landers
10-12-2007, 09:50 AM
I just paid $250 for a couple of boxes and installation and all sorts of crap charges. I'm going to get some sort of return on those sunk costs before I cancel....although the next time I move I think I'll just skip cable altogether because they've gone and pissed me off (customer-service-wise...don't even get me started on the RP coverage, etc.).

Johnnybags
10-12-2007, 09:57 AM
but if nothing is done they are going to pull the same crap, wait 35 minutes to ask a question and then go back to the frontrunners. Something should be considered or its samo,samo and no name recognition for new voters. Sure we will all hang on his every word but the new voters?

Ron Paul Fan
10-12-2007, 09:58 AM
I rise in opposition to this idea as it diverts our attention away from spreading the message of freedom, peace, and prosperity. Rounding up that many people in a week would be no easy task and I highly doubt that it would force Fox to change anything. Thus I have concluded that this plan is counterproductive and I would encourage my fellow forum members to follow my footsteps in voting no.

kylejack
10-12-2007, 09:58 AM
2. Does not use a drawing to determine podium position( I add this in because at the last debate they claim they did and it is mathmetically unlikely Rudy,McCain,Romney, Guiliani actually all just happened to land dead center, and now Thompson).

Sure they did, they just kept re-randomizing it until they came up with an acceptable podium placement. ;)

davidhperry
10-12-2007, 10:00 AM
No offense, but 100,000s of people, perhaps even a few million, would need to cancel before they would be financially impacted. The FNC is carried in over 85 million households.

davidhperry
10-12-2007, 10:02 AM
Ron Paul is bigger than whatever podium he gets in the debate. Let's stop worrying about peripheral things.

Matt Collins
10-12-2007, 10:07 AM
To be honest I've used my cable twice in the last several months. I SHOULD get rid of it, but have this nagging feeling to keep it regardless...

Severius
10-12-2007, 10:08 AM
Fox is not the only cable channel. I've simply removed their stations from my TV's list so I don't give them ratings. If they actually have something I want to watch (extremely rare) I record it on my computer (nvidia dualtv tuner (http://www.nvidia.com/page/dualtvmce.html) + beyond tv (http://www.snapstream.com/products/beyondtv/)) and watch it later.

Johnnybags
10-12-2007, 10:10 AM
Ron Paul is bigger than whatever podium he gets in the debate. Let's stop worrying about peripheral things.

But I guarantee you this forum on 10/22 will be the first ones sending emails to FOX and whomever sings the parises of the frontrunners complaining about equal time etc. I guess nothing can be done. He'll be lucky to get 2 minutes with Thompson in it.

JS4Pat
10-12-2007, 10:13 AM
I have donated hours of time and many dollars for Paul, canceling cable is not something that will happen however ;-)

Same here...

It is FOOTBALL season. :)

Blowback
10-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Don't have cable. I don't want those piece of crap talking heads polluting my mind.

kylejack
10-12-2007, 10:16 AM
But I guarantee you this forum on 10/22 will be the first ones sending emails to FOX and whomever sings the parises of the frontrunners complaining about equal time etc. I guess nothing can be done. He'll be lucky to get 2 minutes with Thompson in it.
Why do you want to take marching orders from the terrorists? Why are you in our party? Get out. Seriously, we're going to have to call security if you don't leave.

chopdave
The MSM is what it is. It is there to promote the establishment view. Read Butler Shafer's column on lewrockwell.com today. It pretty much sums up the problem. Everybody needs to just put there head down and continue to promote the message of freedom bypassing the MSM.

transistor
Sure. I'm canceling it anyway

Mordechai Vanunu
10-12-2007, 02:48 PM
I'm not cancelling but I won't be watching the debate. I used to watch all the debates but the CNBC debacle was the last straw for me. It's Ron Paul YouTube clips only from now on.

winston84
10-12-2007, 03:28 PM
I don't own cable =|

TVMH
10-12-2007, 03:32 PM

Word. Give the man a microphone and watch the sparks fly! :cool:

kickzman
10-12-2007, 03:34 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the put his podium in the parking lot this time.:D

itsnobody
10-12-2007, 03:35 PM
NBC was a lot worse IMO, even though people like Hannity don't like Ron Paul they still gave him a lot more time to talk than NBC did

They're also the ones that called Ron Paul the "isolationist" and pulled the poll

ronpaulfan
10-12-2007, 03:38 PM
I think this is a GREAT idea.

We can use the money we save to donate to the campaign :)

Keith
10-12-2007, 03:39 PM
Too late. I canceled it two years ago.

ronpaulfan
10-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Anyone having doubts about canceling their cable, please watch this on YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FIh_ipMERs

wgadget
10-12-2007, 03:43 PM
Don't have cable...and glad of it!

chon
10-12-2007, 03:55 PM
i think if they wait the 30mins or longer like last time then we flood their emails with complaints even before the debate is over, heck flood cnn and msnbc etc etc while your at it, then we will "spam" their txt poll, now has every one gone out and bought your 100 cell phones so we can spam their poll?

jcbraithwaite7
10-12-2007, 04:14 PM
The economy is so crappy that many people are dropping cable because they can't afford it. I don't know if this action would be very much of a message. I used to work in the cable business and there is pretty high churn as far as cable customers go. People disconnect and reconnect when the move etc.

I will be at the debate so you will hear me cheering when Dr. Paul gets his one or two questions.

madcat033
10-12-2007, 05:24 PM
1. Does not provide the opportunity for equal time

Yeah, I was at the last debate, and I couldn't believe it that they would outright lie like that. He comes out and says "the candidates have been randomly placed on stage" and then they announce the order and it is EXACTLY according to poll numbers. Giuliani and Romney in the middle. Then, one podium outward in each direction was McCain and Huckabee, then Ron Paul and Sam Brownback, and then Duncan Hunter and Tom Tancredo on the ends. How the fuck can they outright lie to us like that? Am I supposed to believe that by chance the candidates happened to be arranged EXACTLY according to their poll numbers?

yongrel
10-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Yes, I'd be willing to cancel my cable.

Too bad I did that already.

Patriot
10-12-2007, 05:36 PM
I'd rather just cancel Fox News.

How about this? After the debate, if they treat Ron Paul badly we just plege not to watch FNC for about a month. They will notice this because if you have a cable or satellite box, they know what you are watching and they will see a ratings drop.

ItsTime
10-12-2007, 05:38 PM
Ill just put parental controls on fox so it blacks it out... Ive done it with MsNbc before.

rajibo
10-12-2007, 05:38 PM
This is my livelihood your talking about. I work in the cable industry so I strongly oppose this suggestion.

Although, if I didn't get it for free, I might be with you guys.:p

fourameuphoria
10-12-2007, 05:44 PM
I sincerely believe that after the general election, the Ron Paul revolution should target the MSM problem in this country. Because if we had a fair MSM, Ron Paul would probably be at Hillary-like shoe-in rankings right now, because the message sells itself.

Anyways though, I can't wait for another FOX Debate. All the best Paul moments seem to come from them. Between the Giuliani-Paul duel, and the Huckabee-Paul duel, they'd be stoopid not to stage another event.

nayjevin
10-12-2007, 06:00 PM
If we all canceled cable, it would make a difference, for many reasons.

1. We'd all have more money to donate
2. It would have *some* financial impact on the networks, and their ability to pull revenue based on subscribers
3. Time Warner and Comcast both (the two big ones I know of) are a part of the power structure we are against
4. It would set an example to our friends and family
5. Our lives would be richer
6. It would cause many of us to discover the wonders of internet television, live leak/youtube/google video/, Bit Torrent
7. someone might open a book for once

I would be willing to cancel my cable, and in fact have been urging the others in my household to do so for a long time. There really is not much on TV that you can't get online -- and all the good RP stuff always hits youtube anyway. Is it really that difficult?

BTW, this comes from a die-hard sports fan - check my site - http://www.sportsworddaily.com -- I'm totally willing to make the sacrifice. Hell, the sports bar will cost me less than the $100 a month the cable costs me (non-drinker). Regardless of whether this petition works, I think it's a great idea for us all to at least consider canceling. Television really is a serious waste of time.

Magsec
10-12-2007, 06:03 PM
I get free cable with my apartment contract...