PDA

View Full Version : Sign nabbers: Caught on film

Matt Collins
05-22-2010, 09:30 PM
The Bradley County Sheriff’s Department and the Cleveland, Tennessee Police Department is being notified of several complaints of theft of Van Irion for Congress campaign signs in their district.

Approximately 150 political signs belonging to Irion were stolen from various parts of Bradley County; predominantly inside of the city limits of Cleveland. Van Irion, a Constitutional Attorney is a candidate for the 3rd Congressional District of Tennessee, replacing Zach Wamp. Irion is also well known for orchestrating a constitutional challenge to the “Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act”. The lawsuit has drawn nationwide attention with over 30,000 plaintiffs being represented pro bono by Attorney Irion.

Bradley County’s Campaign to Elect Van Irion coordinator was notified of the theft and was able to take pictures as the act was in progress. Those pictures are being provided to law enforcement. Formal charges have not been filed on anyone as yet.

Candidate Van Irion was notified by text message of the loss of signs this afternoon while he attended Hamilton County Republican Women’s Club monthly meeting. Irion was disappointed that dedicated campaign workers had given so much of their time to strategically place the signs in legally appropriate places but stated, “It is certainly quite a statement that mine and not other candidate’s signs were taken. Obviously my platform is a threat to someone out there and they realize that the people are listening and supporting my election.”
SOURCE:
http://politics.nashvillepost.com/2010/05/19/sign-nabbers-caught-on-film/