PDA

View Full Version : Ron and Rand

corsair
05-22-2010, 08:59 PM
Will the hordes of uneducated voters see Rand Paul as a Ron Paul 2.0? Will Rand's candidacy for senator "illegitimize" Ron Paul's chances of a 2012 run for president?

I hope not.

Shimpchip
05-22-2010, 09:02 PM
Sounded like a movie trailer there for a bit, would watch!

BlackTerrel
05-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Will the hordes of uneducated voters see Rand Paul as a Ron Paul 2.0? Will Rand's candidacy for senator "illegitimize" Ron Paul's chances of a 2012 run for president?

I hope not.

If anything Rand's run will give Ron a better chance of winning in 2012.

rich34
05-22-2010, 09:41 PM
If anything Rand's run will give Ron a better chance of winning in 2012.

I agree totally, and imo, the MSM/powers that be and taking a huge gamble in going after Rand like this because utlimately these same questions could end up going to Ron. If so, while Rand may be a better speaker than Ron, Ron is the much better teacher. Do they really want to take a gamble in giving Ron the spotlight to explain in layman terms to the public what the real role of government was meant to be? If I were them and they hold all the cards I wouldn't bet against Ron Paul. They may be able to get Rand to slip up a little bit, but that shit ain't happening with Big Daddy! They'll be in for a rude awakening as will the American public..

sailingaway
05-22-2010, 09:46 PM
LOL!

Ron can handle it.

Live_Free_Or_Die
05-22-2010, 10:19 PM
Will the hordes of uneducated voters see Rand Paul as a Ron Paul 2.0?

I doubt it. According to Rand some issues are decided and not on the table. The only thing that appears to be on the table is reducing the magnitude of present problems.

With Ron, the size, scope, and role of government is all on the table.

corsair
05-22-2010, 11:00 PM
My main concern is that people will see Rand Paul, and then see his father, nearing 80, and think "Why vote for the older one when his son is obviously trying to replace him? I'll just wait for Rand to run."; that they will not appraise Ron Paul as an individual, but will now see him only in terms of his parental status to a [probable] Senate candidate.

TCE
05-22-2010, 11:13 PM
Check out Ron's and Rand's numbers in Kentucky. One does not equal the other in the minds of the voters.

Justinjj1
05-22-2010, 11:15 PM
I think Rand will turn a lot of people off to the movement, and even drive away some die-hard Ron Paul supporters. I think he is an albatross to the liberty movement and is destroying any chance of Ron Paul 2012.

TCE
05-22-2010, 11:18 PM
I think Rand will turn a lot of people off to the movement, and even drive away some die-hard Ron Paul supporters. I think he is an albatross to the liberty movement and is destroying any chance of Ron Paul 2012.

Until Rand, we had no winners, Rand gives the movement something to rally around. If he loses in November, we are in deep, deep trouble.

At the end of the day, I care more about having people who believe in liberty in office than I do people being "educated." Seats in Congress>No Seats in Congress but people "educated."

sailingaway
05-23-2010, 06:18 AM
My main concern is that people will see Rand Paul, and then see his father, nearing 80, and think "Why vote for the older one when his son is obviously trying to replace him? I'll just wait for Rand to run."; that they will not appraise Ron Paul as an individual, but will now see him only in terms of his parental status to a [probable] Senate candidate.

Yeah. And how much do you want to bet Ron is hoping for that very thing?

He snookered us.
;)

sailingaway
05-23-2010, 06:19 AM
Check out Ron's and Rand's numbers in Kentucky. One does not equal the other in the minds of the voters.

You can't put pres numbers against senate numbers. They have ONE choice for pres out of all the country. They have two choices for Senate out of the state.

BlackTerrel
05-23-2010, 03:54 PM

Yes yes Rand is terrible got it. You've done nothing but trash him ever since he won. We got it, you hate Rand - come up with some new material.

Brett85
05-23-2010, 04:11 PM

I hope not.

Sorry, but there is no chance of "Ron Paul 2012." I love the guy, but he's too old to be President. Even Reagan wasn't that old when he was elected President.

Brett85
05-24-2010, 05:03 PM
Has anybody considered that maybe Ron could run for Kay Bailey Hutchinson's Senate seat in 2012? From what I hear she's going to be retiring from the Senate. If he ran for the Senate and won then we might have both Ron and Rand in the Senate.

sofia
05-24-2010, 07:36 PM
Ron needs to adopt Rand's lingo...

ditch "libertarian" and keep repeating that I am a conservative.

Bergie Bergeron
05-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Has anybody considered that maybe Ron could run for Kay Bailey Hutchinson's Senate seat in 2012? From what I hear she's going to be retiring from the Senate. If he ran for the Senate and won then we might have both Ron and Rand in the Senate.
Debra Medina.