PDA

View Full Version : The Whole Liberty Movement Hinges on this Upcoming Senate Race

AuH20
05-22-2010, 11:44 AM
Basically, if we beat the snot out of Conway, we're suddenly players, with a emotionally scarred liberal base left in our wake. Even Ron's national aspirations go up a notch or two, if we can withstand this media frenzy and prevail. Secondly, the GOP would look at us in a different light as a PEER instead of as a fringe element who merits no respect. It's amazing how the stars have aligned in such a fashion, that this race is the end-all be-all. Time to knock the hinges off the door I say, and enter with style.

teamrican1
05-22-2010, 11:54 AM
If we only have one victory we will continue to be marginalized. Getting as many pro-liberty candidates in to office as we can is more important than if Rand wins by 20 points or 10.

malkusm
05-22-2010, 12:09 PM
If we only have one victory we will continue to be marginalized. Getting as many pro-liberty candidates in to office as we can is more important than if Rand wins by 20 points or 10.

Agreed. Let's get as many of our guys in as we can....we have a tremendous opportunity and a lot of good candidates.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=245428

Locally, I'm working to support Mike McPadden (and trying to get him more exposure around here):

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=246121

Aratus
05-22-2010, 12:09 PM
WE MUST ASK THE CAMPAIGN TO SLOWLY AND CAREFULLY RE-SCHEDULE "MEET The PRESS"

AdamT
05-22-2010, 12:26 PM
Rand's race is a must win, without a doubt.

Lord Xar
05-22-2010, 12:28 PM
To the OP -->

You are absolutely right. There is MUCH MORE at stake than Rand getting the Senate seat. This is a very very defined battle for the heart of this country. Will the people get on track to take back their country, or will the bankers & special interests win out....

There is ALOT at stake. Even if you don't align yourself completely to Rand, the importance of this Senate Race is huge.

Most of us need to be all in.....

erowe1
05-22-2010, 12:32 PM

David Adams: "Helllllloooooooo,

iiiiisssssss

thiiiiiiiisssss

Meeeeeeeeeet

theeeeeeee

Pressssssssss?

IIIIIII'ddddddddddd

lllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiike

tooooooooooooo

reeeeeeeeescheduuuuuuuuuuuuule."

Travlyr
05-22-2010, 12:35 PM
"The Whole Liberty Movement Hinges on this Upcoming Senate Race"

The liberty movement is not near this shallow. :cool:

The "corporate" government that claims to be currently in charge may not be able to be fixed by electing liberty candidates... that's a reality that many do not seem to understand.

There is no difference between Scalawags and Carpetbaggers.

In 1914, the federal reserve funded opposition candidates to all the representatives who voted against enacting the federal reserve in 1913. Every representative that voted against the federal reserve in 1913 lost his seat in 1914. The international bankers have owned congress ever since with few exceptions. They are not about to give that up freely.

The liberty movement is much, much bigger than most RPF users give credit. The liberty movement is a world wide movement spreading like wildfire through the Internet.

A Rand Paul win in November along with several more liberty candidate wins would be a big boost, but the opposition has the printing press, the MSM and the establishment elite on their side. Still, the liberty movement does not hinge on the November election outcome.

The liberty movement has a fundamental problem to overcome... it needs to be clearly defined. Specifically, libertarianism needs to be clearly defined. Once liberty is clearly defined, individualism will be the order of the masses, and collectivism will die.

Liberty is far superior to statism.

Aratus
05-22-2010, 12:38 PM
Aratus looks above...

AdamT
05-22-2010, 12:38 PM
To the OP -->

You are absolutely right. There is MUCH MORE at stake than Rand getting the Senate seat. This is a very very defined battle for the heart of this country. Will the people get on track to take back their country, or will the bankers & special interests win out....

There is ALOT at stake. Even if you don't align yourself completely to Rand, the importance of this Senate Race is huge.

Most of us need to be all in.....

A win will also show it can be done, and encourage other great candidates to step forward. I sense a lot of potential candidates are paying close attention to Rand's race, and a win might push them to run.

heavenlyboy34
05-22-2010, 12:39 PM
Fortunately, the liberty movement has never relied on political victories. If it did, there would be no liberty movement to speak of. :cool:

AuH20
05-22-2010, 12:39 PM
The liberty movement is not near this shallow. :cool:

The "corporate" government that claims to be currently in charge may not be able to be fixed by electing liberty candidates... that's a reality that many do not seem to understand.

It's not about taking over the government and restoring it to it's constitutional functions. It's far too late for that. It's about having a voice to challenge the status quo and in the process educate. That's why this Paul race is so monumental. The clueless public has to be made known that there is an ALTERNATIVE!

MRoCkEd
05-22-2010, 12:41 PM
A Rand Paul loss would be a major blow to Ron Paul and the liberty movement, both in morale and the perception of our influence.

Aratus
05-22-2010, 12:46 PM
the newest polls may be kind, there may not be an erosion.
the campaign needs to sense the landscape and then roll on!

BenIsForRon
05-22-2010, 01:06 PM
If Rand Paul doesn't shape up, he could possibly undo most of what we've worked for the past three years to get. He needs to just go with popular opinion on auxillary issues (BP, CRA), and focus on his strengths (Spending, federal reserve, healthcare).

Peace&Freedom
05-22-2010, 01:18 PM
Well, the entire movement does not hinge on this one election, but it certainly IS imperative that liberty candidates win major national office over the next 2-3 election years ('10, '12 et al) so that there are definite successors to Ron Paul in place in Congress before he wins the Presidency, retires or passes on.

We also need to show at some point that we really ARE 'catching on' and moving along a different end path than third party marginalization, or becoming another co-opted subset of the Republican Party. Rand Paul would be the natural and most accepted successor to Ron as a new 'Dr. No' in Congress, positioned to run for President by 2016, or lead from the Senate for several decades.

Lovecraftian4Paul
05-22-2010, 01:21 PM
It is deathly important to win this race. We know it and so does the media. They are the main weapon that could have a chance at affecting this race, and they must be our #1 target.

AuH20
05-22-2010, 01:27 PM
We're going all in!

http://kkenkk.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/poker-all-in.jpg

Southron
05-22-2010, 01:28 PM
This election is very important for our fight at the federal level.

I still believe the real work needs to be done at the state level and that we absolutely must make gains there.

AdamT
05-22-2010, 01:31 PM
We're going all in!

http://kkenkk.files.wordpress.com/2008/11/poker-all-in.jpg

lol

anaconda
05-22-2010, 01:56 PM

Over the weeks Rand's campaign will likely get some super slick sound bites and talking points formulated that spin the libertarian position surrounding the controversies. Then he can ass whup Meet The Press in a couple of months. Unless he's polling super high then he can blow them off.

RM918
05-22-2010, 02:04 PM
The left's sacred cow of racism needs to be gutted once and for all.

Fozz
05-22-2010, 02:22 PM
It is deathly important to win this race. We know it and so does the media. They are the main weapon that could have a chance at affecting this race, and they must be our #1 target.

What really shocks me is how quiet they were during Rand's primary.

BlackTerrel
05-22-2010, 04:26 PM
Basically, if we beat the snot out of Conway, we're suddenly players, with a emotionally scarred liberal base left in our wake. Even Ron's national aspirations go up a notch or two, if we can withstand this media frenzy and prevail. Secondly, the GOP would look at us in a different light as a PEER instead of as a fringe element who merits no respect. It's amazing how the stars have aligned in such a fashion, that this race is the end-all be-all. Time to knock the hinges off the door I say, and enter with style.

You may be overstating things a little but for the most part I agree with you. This is a very important election coming up.

Which is why I am more than a little annoyed with all the anti-Rand threads that have been popping up in the last couple days. Stop nitpicking a 45 second sound bite where he didn't say exactly what you would have liked and judge him by his body of work. This is a chance to make a real impact - so let's fucking do it instead of bickering.

Aratus
05-22-2010, 04:28 PM
David Adams: "Helllllloooooooo,

iiiiisssssss

thiiiiiiiisssss

Meeeeeeeeeet

theeeeeeee

Pressssssssss?

IIIIIII'ddddddddddd

lllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiike

tooooooooooooo

reeeeeeeeescheduuuuuuuuuuuuule."

DO NOT WAIT MORE THAN 3-5 WEEKs!
HE IS ALMOST UNIQUE, HE ANd ONLY TWO
OTHER PEOPLE IN 62 YEARs CANCELLED LIKE
THIS ON THEM! JUST SAYING THIS ON-AIR & HAVING
RAND HAPPILY TALK ABOUT HIMSELF COULD HAVE
PEOPLE WARMING UP TO HIM! SERIOUSLY!!!

Aratus
05-22-2010, 04:33 PM

seriously!

Matt Collins
05-22-2010, 04:54 PM
Rand will win the race, it's guaranteed. But he must fight for it.

silentshout
05-22-2010, 04:56 PM
I agree. I don't even agree with him on several things but he still has to win for others to be able to win. just imo. I think he will do fine in KY and then I will see if I like his policies based on how he votes.

johnrocks
05-22-2010, 04:57 PM
Rand Paul is our top priority,imho, he's the son of Ron Paul, that in itself will carry more political capitol than any other candidate that I can think of.

dr. hfn
05-22-2010, 05:12 PM
Rand will win, but I hope he doesn't abandon his principles or positions to do it...

catdd
05-22-2010, 05:13 PM
Rand will win, but I hope he doesn't abandon his principles or positions to do it...

Yeah, or it won't be a real win for us.