PDA

View Full Version : Do you support the right of a kkk member to run for congress?

jonathanzx10
05-22-2010, 10:08 AM
This is one counterpoint that Rand could have used and should use in the future:

"do you support the right of a kkk member to run for congress or the presidency? because if enough get elected they can repeal the cra."

liberal hack would then respond "but there is not a chance that a kkk member would get elected"

and then he should say " and there is not a chance that any significant number of private businesses would allow discrimination of blacks"

another thing is that should be brought up is that I think that in some countries (france maybe) groups like the kkk would not be allowed to exist (or to have free speech) and I am sure that in those countries people who have criticized this have been called racists, therefore people like even Maddow would be considered to be racist in these countries.

just my 2 cents.:)

MRoCkEd
05-22-2010, 10:09 AM
No. He should drop the issue.

Aratus
05-22-2010, 10:22 AM
besides... david duke has already ran quite often for public office...
hugo black, the supreme court justice had once joined the k.k.k
for a time until he turned his back on them, and senator byrd W.Va
over the years did a likewise. the campaign has a press release. period.

catdd
05-22-2010, 10:28 AM
Anyone can run but they don't get elected.

furface
05-22-2010, 10:30 AM
David Duke was a member of Louisiana's legislature.

ChaosControl
05-22-2010, 10:50 AM
I support their right, but I hope they get destroyed just like I hope any business who discriminates goes bankrupt.

Stary Hickory
05-22-2010, 10:58 AM
Yeah I support the right but not the candidate in the elections

jonathanzx10
05-22-2010, 11:16 AM
my point is just that they are both equally offensive and you are a hypocrite if you think one is outrageous and you are ok with the other. I agree Rand needs to move on but when someone asks him "do you support the right of a restaurant to discriminate against black?" he should then ask this question and hopefully expose their hypocrisy.

BlackTerrel
05-22-2010, 04:33 PM
This is one counterpoint that Rand could have used and should use in the future:

"do you support the right of a kkk member to run for congress or the presidency? because if enough get elected they can repeal the cra."

liberal hack would then respond "but there is not a chance that a kkk member would get elected"

and then he should say " and there is not a chance that any significant number of private businesses would allow discrimination of blacks"

another thing is that should be brought up is that I think that in some countries (france maybe) groups like the kkk would not be allowed to exist (or to have free speech) and I am sure that in those countries people who have criticized this have been called racists, therefore people like even Maddow would be considered to be racist in these countries.

Now. But 55 years ago it wasn't true and the law may have been necessary.

Anyway it's a moot point now. I'd like to just move on, and I believe Rand would as well.

It's like debating the merits of the civil war - nothing good comes of it. We have more pressing issues here in 2010.

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-22-2010, 04:39 PM
because KKK is a race?

shenlu54
05-22-2010, 06:36 PM
I support his right to run for congress