PDA

View Full Version : The Failure of the American Jewish Establishment

TheFlashlight.org
05-22-2010, 09:36 AM
Most of the students, in other words, were liberals, broadly defined. They had imbibed some of the defining values of American Jewish political culture: a belief in open debate, a skepticism about military force, a commitment to human rights. And in their innocence, they did not realize that they were supposed to shed those values when it came to Israel.

What's good for the gander is not good for the goose? Highlighted above reminds me of Animal Farm.

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/archives/2010/jun/10/failure-american-jewish-establishment/

YumYum
05-22-2010, 10:02 AM
Great article! This is a very good picture of how things really are. Many Jewish youth want peace. The article goes on to say:

"Luntz’s task was to figure out what had gone wrong. When he probed the students’ views of Israel, he hit up against some firm beliefs. First, “they reserve the right to question the Israeli position.” These young Jews, Luntz explained, “resist anything they see as ‘group think.’” They want an “open and frank” discussion of Israel and its flaws. Second, “young Jews desperately want peace.” When Luntz showed them a series of ads, one of the most popular was entitled “Proof that Israel Wants Peace,” and listed offers by various Israeli governments to withdraw from conquered land. Third, “some empathize with the plight of the Palestinians.” When Luntz displayed ads depicting Palestinians as violent and hateful, several focus group participants criticized them as stereotypical and unfair, citing their own Muslim friends."

Also, Jewish youth are sick of playing the victim's card. I feel sorry for what my ancestors went through, but with all due respect, here is my advice to the older generation: "GET OVER IT!"

Imaginos
05-22-2010, 10:34 AM
Haven't you received the 11th commandment from God yet?
:confused:
God sent it to me via e-mail.
The 11th commandment said 'Thou Shalt Not Criticize Israeli Government Under Any Circumstances'.
Also he said that is the new ultimate sin and anyone who violates it will burn in hell for eternity.
Brothers, we should repent our sin.
We should repent the ungodly moments in our lives when we were tempted to criticize Israeli government.
We should bown down to our Lord's earthly agents in Tel Aviv and fight and die for them untill every single one of us die.

catdd
05-22-2010, 10:39 AM
Also, Jewish youth are sick of playing the victim's card. I feel sorry for what my ancestors went through, but with all due respect, here is my advice to the older generation: "GET OVER IT!"

I sure hope so.

BlackTerrel
05-22-2010, 04:43 PM
http://www.smh.com.au/opinion/blogs/chutzpah/israel-has-friends-in-christian-places/20100303-phwb.html

In a 2008 poll taken in the US, more than 80 per cent of Christians stated that they had a ‘‘moral and biblical’’ obligation to love, pray and support Israel, while 62 per cent of evangelicals said that Jerusalem should remain Israel’s undivided capital.

My guess is if you polled Jews the numbers would not be as high.

Inflation
05-23-2010, 11:06 AM
Brothers, we should repent our sin.
We should repent the ungodly moments in our lives when we were tempted to criticize Israeli government.
We should bown down to our Lord's earthly agents in Tel Aviv and fight and die for them untill every single one of us die.

Yes, fealty to Isra-Jesus is the only surefire way to get Raptured.

Don't know about the rest of you lowly sinners, but I'm gonna go to HEAVEN.

Who'd want to go to Hell, with all the Catholics, Muslims, and Marxist Athiest Jews, anyway?!?

KCIndy
05-23-2010, 02:12 PM
Who'd want to go to Hell, with all the Catholics, Muslims, and Marxist Athiest Jews, anyway?!?

I've heard they have better keggers! :D