PDA

View Full Version : Front Page of NYT: Senate Candidate Sets Off Another Round of Chatter

libertybrewcity
05-21-2010, 02:46 PM
By KATE PHILLIPS

Updated: Even after conceding that it probably hadn’t been wise to appear on MSNBC the other day, Rand Paul, the new Republican Senate nominee from Kentucky, keeps giving TV interviews and providing additional fodder on new topics to the delight of his critics (and his opponents).

Today’s subjects not only included the civil rights laws, but his view that the blame is being misplaced for the oil spill in the Gulf and for the mining accident in West Virginia that killed 29 last month.

On this morning’s “Good Morning America” program on ABC, Mr. Paul continued to try to explain comments he made on Rachel Maddow’s MSNBC show on Wednesday evening about the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and segregation. And he blasted the liberal news media as well as Democrats for pouncing on his statements.

“When does my honeymoon period start? I had a big victory,” Mr. Paul asked of the ABC news host George Stephanopoulos. “I’ve just been trashed up and down and they have been saying things that are untrue. And when they say I’m for repealing the Civil Rights Act, it’s absolutely false. It’s never been my position and something that I basically just think is politics.”

Continue: http://thecaucus.blogs.nytimes.com/2010/05/21/pauls-honeymoon-seems-over/?hp

Fozz
05-21-2010, 03:03 PM
The comments are trash.

DeadheadForPaul
05-21-2010, 03:08 PM
not even gonna read

I now know which media outlets, personalities, and newspaper I will FOREVER boycott

MSNBC
NY Times
ABC
CNN

Who else wants to go?

libertybrewcity
05-21-2010, 03:23 PM
not even gonna read

I now know which media outlets, personalities, and newspaper I will FOREVER boycott

MSNBC
NY Times
ABC
CNN

Who else wants to go?

im in.

RonPaulCult
05-21-2010, 03:41 PM
not even gonna read

MSNBC
NY Times
ABC
CNN

Who else wants to go?

That list is far too short - but I'm with you