PDA

View Full Version : Pretty Boy Jack Responds To Rand's "Un-American" Comment

AuH20
05-21-2010, 12:48 PM
Woot!

http://tpmlivewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/2010/05/jack-conway-strikes-back-at-pauls-un-american-comment.php

the official statement:

Rand Paul apparently has a deeply held conviction that corporations should be allowed to do what they see fit without oversight or accountability. He even goes so far as to say that that criticizing corporations when they hurt taxpayers and working families - as in the case of the massive BP oil disaster - is 'un-American.'

As Attorney General, I've seen how corporations can take advantage of consumers - whether it's oil companies that gouge Kentucky customers after a series of storms or pharmaceutical companies that commit Medicaid fraud. I have a deeply held conviction that we need a senator who will hold companies accountable. We have enough senators in Washington who are looking out for what's best for corporations. My sole focus will be looking out for Kentucky's taxpayers and families.

Flash
05-21-2010, 12:51 PM
Was just going to post this. Rand Paul wants Conway to defend Obama, I really don't know what Jack is doing.

AuH20
05-21-2010, 12:52 PM
Was just going to post this. Rand Paul wants Conway to defend Obama, I really don't know what Jack is doing.

Doesn't Jack know who Rand Paul is? His father is the crusader against crony capitalism.

amisspelledword
05-21-2010, 12:56 PM
eastern KYians like myself certainly know how big companies can destroy neighboring property rights and take advantage of people

Rand should steer clear of the "govt shouldnt do a single thing" claim and try "companies and individuals alike must be held accountable and be respectful of others' rights, including property rights, water rights, fishing rights, whatever"

surf
05-21-2010, 12:59 PM
eastern KYians like myself certainly know how big companies can destroy Rand should steer clear of the "govt shouldnt do a single thing" claim and try "companies and individuals alike must be held accountable and be respectful of others' rights, including property rights, water rights, fishing rights, whatever"

good post

specsaregood
05-21-2010, 01:01 PM
Of course I Rand never said that criticizing corporation is unamerican. He said he thought saying you were going "to keep the bootheel on the throat" sounded unamerican. Personally, I don't think Rand would have said that if he didn't have a reason for it. Saying that on georgie's show, he knew it would make headlines. He's got an angle here, I'm sure of it.

So Conway and Democrats support putting your bootheel on people's throats? Is that a good way to get things fixed?

They are treating Rand's statements like he is a political lightweight. I think that will prove to be a mistake.

jmdrake
05-21-2010, 01:02 PM
Good material for the debates. Rand is going to rip "Clairol Conway" a new one.

Rand: Jack. You attacked me a few months ago for saying that it was un American for the president to prejudge the BP disaster before it was fully investigated and to declare he had is, and I quote, "Boot on their neck". Do you think that was an appropriate statement by President Obama?

Jack: Well President Obama was just expressing the frustration of many Americans at the corporate malfeasance of BP.

Rand: Jack, you're an attorney. And president Obama is an attorney. Have you not heard of a concept called innocent until proven guilty? I said that BP should have to pay for the damages and the cleanup. I also said that we should wait and see if this was just an accident of if BP actually did something wrong. Do you really think it's appropriate every time there is a disaster and a corporation is involved for the president to demonize that corporation before all of the facts are in?

dannno
05-21-2010, 01:02 PM
pharmaceutical companies that commit Medicaid fraud.

That sounds like a government problem.