PDA

View Full Version : Mark Sandford v. Lindsey Graham

itshappening
05-21-2010, 08:43 AM
Do you think it's possible if we got behind him he could make a political come back and challenge Sen. Lindsey Graham in 2014? Lots of freepers and Redstaters would unite with us on that and although Sanford has been embroiled in a scandal he would have the name recognition and profile to make a viable challenge if he's well funded/backed

MsDoodahs
05-21-2010, 08:51 AM
I don't think it is possible to rehab Sanford.

angelatc
05-21-2010, 08:54 AM
If the GOP is willing to take Newt back, I don't see any reason they shouldn't take Sanford back.

I'm out though. I don't vote for people who get caught cheating on their spouses. I know that irritates the morally ambiguous, but that's the way it is. I won't vote for you if you cheated on your spouse.

Brian4Liberty
05-21-2010, 10:00 AM
How many politicians cheated and married new spouses? The list is endless. The GOP should have no problem with that.

Ghouliani, McCain, Fiorina, etc...

MRoCkEd
05-21-2010, 10:04 AM
I'd be all for it..

low preference guy
05-21-2010, 10:17 AM
not gonna happen. they are friends. one of them is the godfather to the kid of the other.

NewFederalist
05-21-2010, 10:26 AM
Ross Perot used to say if you will lie to your spouse (actually, he said wife) who else will you lie to? I'm not a big Perot fan but it does kinda make you think.

moostraks
05-21-2010, 10:36 AM
"David Rockefeller is a yesterday's news kinda guy"

YouTube - Mark Sanford Confronted on Bilderberg Attendance and Media Blackout 12-9-08 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pNtuFERbbPY)

This guy ain't gonna get anywhere imo if he is ignorant enough to speak off the cuff the way he does. Not to mention he seems to have no shame and acts like a dog in heat.

RM918
05-21-2010, 10:36 AM
So long as someone fit my views and I know he'd stand up for them, I wouldn't care if he was a swinging dyslexic African albino midget with a club foot. Politically, however, I think he's unsalvagable.

itshappening
05-21-2010, 10:38 AM
so who can challenge Lindsey? we need someone and fast

Stary Hickory
05-21-2010, 11:09 AM
I'd be for it too. I mean he cheated on his wife....let him deal with the consequences. But as a liberty candidate he has a lot of potential. He has his flaws Im sure, I have never researched everything the man has said or done. I do know he tried to reform SC school system in a good way.

He also respects Ron Paul and is in the libertarian fold in many ways. As far as Republicans go Sanford is better than most people you will see run in the GOP. I'd love to see him back at it.

Krugerrand
05-21-2010, 11:14 AM
It would be fun for a candidate to put in a name change to "Not Lindsay Graham" and run for office. Think how many votes that would get on a ballot!

cindy25
05-21-2010, 11:29 AM
Jenny Sanford

Stary Hickory
05-21-2010, 11:30 AM
Jenny Sanford

K what are her views? I know where Sanford stands on a lot of things. So he is easy to support politically. He has some well deserved baggage from an affair which coul dhurt him, but that is for the public to decide.

cindy25
05-21-2010, 11:38 AM
she was his campaign finance chairman, has basically the same views and defended his record as governor on the Daily Show

she is telegenic, and a lot smarter than Palin

Odin
05-21-2010, 11:39 AM
If the GOP is willing to take Newt back, I don't see any reason they shouldn't take Sanford back.

I'm out though. I don't vote for people who get caught cheating on their spouses. I know that irritates the morally ambiguous, but that's the way it is. I won't vote for you if you cheated on your spouse.

Me too, i think because if someone does not have the ability to resist the temptation of betraying their wife, we cannot trust that person to work on our behalf either.

Odin
05-21-2010, 11:42 AM
How many politicians cheated and married new spouses? The list is endless. The GOP should have no problem with that.

Ghouliani, McCain, Fiorina, etc...

haha, all the despicable ones...

did Fiorina cheat? didn't know that.

angelatc
05-21-2010, 11:44 AM
Me too, i think because if someone does not have the ability to resist the temptation of betraying their wife, we cannot trust that person to work on our behalf either.

That's half of it. The other half is that it means they can end up in a position of literally being blackmailed. "Gee, Sen. Sanford, it's too bad you're going to vote for the audit bill. That means I'll have to send these pictures of you and your girlfriend to the media."

teamrican1
05-21-2010, 12:51 PM
I think the best move for Sanford politically would be to attempt to become Dictator of Argentina. To go from Governor to Senator really isn't a step up. Argentina is a great country with extremely bad politicians. If mark were to gain power there (and they have a culture which is accepting of Dictators) I'd definitely consider moving down. We need to press the liberty agenda on all fronts, domestic and foreign. Mark might be best suited to foreign operations at this point.

NewFederalist
05-21-2010, 01:03 PM
she was his campaign finance chairman, has basically the same views and defended his record as governor on the Daily Show

she is telegenic, and a lot smarter than Palin

Jenny Sanford is a GREAT idea! She handled the terrible situation her scumbag husband put her in with class, dignity and grace. If she shares the pro-liberty views her ex-husband claimed she would be awesome. BTW, it doesn't take much to appear smarter than Palin but I understand your point.