PDA

View Full Version : Earth Is Cooling, Sea Levels Not Rising, Scientists Say

FrankRep
05-21-2010, 08:15 AM
Dr. Don Easterbrook told the Heartland-sponsored 4th International Conference on Climate Change in Chicago that instead of global warming the Earth is now in a cooling trend, while Dr. Nils-Axel Morner said that actual measurements show that sea levels are not rising. By William F. Jasper

Earth Is Cooling, Sea Levels Not Rising, Scientists Say (http://www.thenewamerican.com/index.php/tech-mainmenu-30/environment/3583-earth-is-cooling-sea-levels-not-rising-scientists-say)

William F. Jasper | The New American (http://www.thenewamerican.com/)
Thursday, 20 May 2010

WaltM
05-21-2010, 04:03 PM
If global cooling motivated the UN to impose regulations, you'd deny it too.

Do people in the JBS really care about science & the environment? Or only freedom?

Travlyr
05-21-2010, 04:06 PM
If global cooling motivated the UN to impose regulations, you'd deny it too.

Do people in the JBS really care about science & the environment? Or only freedom?

Shouldn't policy makers know the science before they strip the people of their freedoms?

WaltM
05-21-2010, 05:22 PM
Shouldn't policy makers know the science before they strip the people of their freedoms?

Yes, they should.

I suppose you're an expert on the subject to say they don't know it.

SteveR
09-02-2010, 07:58 AM
Because of the costs involved in saving our environment, I am afraid and saddened but I think it will be too little too late when it comes to mankind saving its own environment. Fortunately for me, I will not be around to see it happen. I generally have great faith in mankind doing the right thing when it comes down to it at the end of the day. But in this instance, I think mankind will underestimate the destructive power of nature and will be ill equipped to handle her when she reigns her powerful force.

Original_Intent
09-02-2010, 08:17 AM
Because of the costs involved in saving our environment, I am afraid and saddened but I think it will be too little too late when it comes to mankind saving its own environment. Fortunately for me, I will not be around to see it happen. I generally have great faith in mankind doing the right thing when it comes down to it at the end of the day. But in this instance, I think mankind will underestimate the destructive power of nature and will be ill equipped to handle her when she reigns her powerful force.

I'd say it is you who underestimates nature, and over-estimates mankinds impact upon it.

BlackSand
09-02-2010, 08:50 AM
The only consensus among scientists is that there ISNT a consensus. The climate pulls from a 100 different directions. How can you pick just one of those and decide thats what the climate is doing? Chaos theory is at its best when it comes to weather.

Danke
09-02-2010, 09:12 AM
Chaos theory is at its best when it comes to weather.

That's why we need regulation.

BlackSand
09-02-2010, 09:15 AM
Sarcasm?

How do regulate that which you cant predict? Its like economics. Everything is fine until you try to control it. Then everything just goes to hell.

WaltM
09-02-2010, 06:07 PM
Sarcasm?

How do regulate that which you cant predict? Its like economics. Everything is fine until you try to control it. Then everything just goes to hell.

that much you can predict

SteveR
09-03-2010, 08:36 AM
If you would reread my post, that is exactly what I am saying. When mankind is too late to rectify what damage he has done to the environment, nature will respond by unleashing its destructive force and wipe out mankind.

sratiug
09-03-2010, 08:47 AM
It's all the "dry ice" everybody is exhaling, duh. CO2 will freeze us all!!!!!!

BlackSand
09-03-2010, 09:11 AM
IF anything the earth will regulate itself. The earth has been pretty consistent in temperature for thousands of years at a time. It only ever slowly moves from one extreme to the other because the eco system takes care of itself. More CO2 results in more plants producing oxygen. It balances out. But that doesnt even matter because in the past theres been no correlation between CO2 and temperature.

And even if its real, I personally thing the advantages are worth it. :P

WaltM
09-03-2010, 06:54 PM
IF anything the earth will regulate itself. The earth has been pretty consistent in temperature for thousands of years at a time.

depends on your scale of measurement.

It only ever slowly moves from one extreme to the other because the eco system takes care of itself.

eco system might, but not humans at their currently technology dependent lifestyle.

Katrina didn't kill enough wildlife, but ruined many humans.

More CO2 results in more plants producing oxygen. It balances out. But that doesnt even matter because in the past theres been no correlation between CO2 and temperature.

where did you hear that there's no correlation between CO2 and temperature?

CO2 producing more oxygen by plants is limited to the plants, there's a saturation limit. If you don't plant more plants, you'll accummulate CO2.

And even if its real, I personally thing the advantages are worth it. :P

you personally think, ok then .

Dr.3D
09-03-2010, 07:07 PM
depends on your scale of measurement.

eco system might, but not humans at their currently technology dependent lifestyle.

Katrina didn't kill enough wildlife, but ruined many humans.

where did you hear that there's no correlation between CO2 and temperature?

CO2 producing more oxygen by plants is limited to the plants, there's a saturation limit. If you don't plant more plants, you'll accummulate CO2.

you personally think, ok then .

Actually there is a lot more to it.
If you want to study just a little, please read the paper I pointed to here (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showpost.php?p=2868098&postcount=94).

This is a very good explanation of how the carbon cycle regulates the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere.

forsmant
09-03-2010, 07:08 PM
scientists have an agenda. I rarely take their word as gospel.