angelatc
10-12-2007, 05:53 AM
Ugh.

Ozwest
10-12-2007, 06:05 AM
Travesty!

foofighter20x
10-12-2007, 06:09 AM
Bleh. What war/human conflict was it again he brought to an end?

Oh, that's right... He didn't do that AT ALL. :rolleyes:

TruckinMike
10-12-2007, 06:17 AM
Whats wrong with that.. He's just trying to enslave us.. uh I mean save us ....Yeah, save us from Global warming, I mean global cooling..UUhhh I mean Climate change. :rolleyes:

Truckinmike

JosephTheLibertarian
10-12-2007, 06:20 AM
Ugh.

only the undeserving get them, what were you thinking ? ;) as with all things.... corrupt

Marshall
10-12-2007, 06:24 AM
I thought I must still be asleep when I saw that on the news this morning.

kimosabi
10-12-2007, 06:27 AM
Wow, Nobel Prize for spreading BS about global warming (excuse for CO2 tax) and in the process pumped significant amounts of CO2 into the atmosphere himself.

Pity he didn't talk about the Global Warming that's occurring throughout the rest of the Solar System.

Those bloody SUV (Space Utility Vehicles) keep on polluting the Solar System...

LibertyEagle
10-12-2007, 06:32 AM
Oh, puke me. I really can't stand that guy.

constituent
10-12-2007, 06:47 AM
nobel prize has always been bs... didn't kissinger win a nobel?

Tuck
10-12-2007, 06:48 AM
$50 says he'll be Clinton's VP.

Exponent
10-12-2007, 06:51 AM
Heh, am I the only person here who kind of looks on this new positively? :p Oh well. The exagerated insults are a bit annoying, but I'm used to that 'round here. (Some people absolutely can't stand liberals, others can't stand the religious right, others can't stand FOX, others can't stand PBS, and it seems that people really like to frequently criticize the other side in what I would consider a merely childish manner. But again, oh well; I'll probably look elsewhere when I want a good healthy debate. The internet is generally not very good for those.)

Nefertiti
10-12-2007, 07:09 AM
This is the man I would like to see win the Nobel Peace Prize:

http://www.ansarburney.com/chairman.html

Now there is someone who it can be clearly demonstrated has actually helped hundreds of thousands of people in the most unimaginably miserable circumstances.

What has Al Gore done? Why didn't they just award the prize to Michael Moore instead? :mad:

fletcher
10-12-2007, 08:29 AM
He created peace by making a propaganda film and organizing a concert?

Green Mountain Boy
10-12-2007, 08:31 AM

I doubt it. Tipper Gore hated Hillary.

fluoridatedbrainsoup
10-12-2007, 09:35 AM
Heh, am I the only person here who kind of looks on this new positively? :p Oh well. The exagerated insults are a bit annoying, but I'm used to that 'round here. (Some people absolutely can't stand liberals, others can't stand the religious right, others can't stand FOX, others can't stand PBS, and it seems that people really like to frequently criticize the other side in what I would consider a merely childish manner. But again, oh well; I'll probably look elsewhere when I want a good healthy debate. The internet is generally not very good for those.)

Propagandist profiteers don't deserve the prestige and profit which come with the Peace Prize. It is the height of pretention to claim you can arrest climate change. Al Gore profits off of ignorance. :p

garkoblogo
10-12-2007, 09:53 AM

you mean running mate
but yes, very perceptive. that is how the game works. i see that you understand that

angelatc
10-12-2007, 09:58 AM

I'll take that bet, but the pay off is in the form of a donation to Paul's campaign.

kylejack
10-12-2007, 09:59 AM
Now cross your fingers and hope that this Draft Gore motion doesn't get off the ground.

angelatc
10-12-2007, 10:00 AM
Propagandist profiteers don't deserve the prestige and profit which come with the Peace Prize. It is the height of pretention to claim you can arrest climate change. Al Gore profits off of ignorance. :p

ON the other hand, did you see how the 87 year old woman who won the literature prize reacted? She said "Oh Christ, I could not care less." When asked about her feelings on the 1.5m prize money, she said "Great. Now people will be coming around begging for money."

:)

erowe1
10-12-2007, 10:10 AM

There is absolutely no way he will settle for VP. He's been there, done that, and has nothing to gain from giving up his current far more profitable opportunities for a demotion like that.

Moreover, even if her were to consider it, there is no way that he would run with Clinton. He hates the Clintons. My guess is that whether he runs or not, he's going to align himself most closely to Obama. If Gore thinks he can win, then I wouldn't be surprised if he sees Obama as the ideal running mate.

lucius
10-12-2007, 12:52 PM
F*ck Al Gore!

Lois
10-12-2007, 01:02 PM
Here's a list of past Nobel Peace Prize Winners -- not that I agree with NewsMax on everything, of course --

http://www.newsmax.com/lowell_ponte/gore_nobel/2007/10/10/39694.html?s=al&promo_code=3B49-1

Lois
10-12-2007, 01:05 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/21264312?GT1=10450

Do you think Al Gore should run for president in '08?

Live Vote

Hook
10-12-2007, 01:08 PM
I think Gore is more misguided than anything. I think he really believes his own propoganda. Although I fail to see how a documentary about weather qualifies someone for the peace prize.
The guy that should get the prize is that guy that genetically modified food crops to grow in harsh climates so that millions of third world people could be fed. Of course the people that actually do something never get the Peace Prize.
Arafat actually got the peace prize a while ago, if that tells you anything.

libertarianguy
10-12-2007, 02:26 PM
test

LBennett76
10-12-2007, 03:52 PM
Let's be nice. You know he did invent this wonderful internet for us to run our grassroots campaign on. So we should be try to be civil to the hypocritical self-absorbed robot, I mean nice man. :rolleyes:

goRPaul
10-12-2007, 03:57 PM
you mean running mate

lol, GREAT call right there. *golf clap*

Richandler
10-12-2007, 04:09 PM
I think it's hilarious since Global Warming agenda has been bad for peace. In fact I think it has caused anything but peace. Verbal fighting, burning car dealerships, and hysteria similar to the end of the world crazies. The Nobel prize is dead.

redpillguy
10-12-2007, 08:18 PM
This book, "The Greening" by Larry Abraham:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0962664626

chronicles how the Big Environmentalist movement came about, and how it achieves the following:

A state of "perpetual war"
A money sink (see Kyoto Protocol)
A land grab (see history of "wetlands")
Powerful environmental bureaucracies that get around property laws
Global governance of environmental issues, a step towards a global government