PDA

View Full Version : Psycho Talk! - John Stossel

low preference guy
05-21-2010, 05:56 AM
YouTube - MSNBC's Ed Schultz: John Stossel "Psycho Talk" - 05/20/10 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAeQtPUXgV8)

TheFlashlight.org
05-21-2010, 08:49 AM
"Hey, we need a big fat old white guy to sell our fake lefitst propaganda, you know, like the 'Rush of the left'".

Imagine the Soviets putting on a common looking man of the people to spew communist propaganda. Or an Orwellian state inner party member that they dress up like a prole to sell propaganda to the proles. That's what I think of "Ed".

BenIsForRon
05-21-2010, 10:23 AM
Pro-segregation republicans?

I want to curb stomp this fool.

dannno
05-21-2010, 10:30 AM
I think one of the important things to emphasize to these people is that segregation in the south was primarily driven by public and institutional racism.. schools, public transportation and facilities, etc.. Nobody reasonable person wants to see that come back..

Sure, you can show many instances of private businesses falling in line, but do we really know how long all of that would have lasted had they simply gotten rid of the institutional racism?

Warrior_of_Freedom
05-21-2010, 10:36 AM
I don't think this is ridiculous. I've been DISCRIMINATED against for not being a minority MANY times in my life. But of course, he doesn't have a real argument, just "This is Psychotalk! Another silly TEABAGGER!"

ravedown
05-21-2010, 10:44 AM
shultz understands stossel and rands position...his job isnt to explain it accurately, he's just playing to the lowest common denominator, thats his job...this is what his viewers hear, " Did you hear that?...They hate minorities! Now go tell your friends."

RM918
05-21-2010, 11:10 AM
Racism sacred cow out in full force.

fletcher
05-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Getting on Psycho Talk is a badge of honor. I think Schultz might be the dumbest of all the talking heads on cable news. Dumber than Hannity, which is impressive. He just repeats the Kos talking points and generally sounds like he has absolutely no idea what he is talking about. I remember turning his show on once and hearing him say 'we need cheap money'. LOL.

sevin
05-21-2010, 12:19 PM
What an asshole.

Theocrat
05-21-2010, 12:33 PM
I missed the part where Stossel said he was pro-segregation.

damiengwa
05-21-2010, 12:39 PM
I think one of the important things to emphasize to these people is that segregation in the south was primarily driven by public and institutional racism.. schools, public transportation and facilities, etc.. Nobody reasonable person wants to see that come back..

Sure, you can show many instances of private businesses falling in line, but do we really know how long all of that would have lasted had they simply gotten rid of the institutional racism?

yes but there was also social pressure. The south had a thick column of racist who believed that blacks were inferior and did not deserve to sit in the same restaurant as them. They would have boycotted any restaurant that broke ranks or worse. The sick thing is that they too control of government and codified their racism and masqueraded it as 'the law.' You can't blame the abstract concept of government for everything, as government is made up of people. people who have seized a monopoly on legitimate force.

And yes it was right for the federal government to apply the constitution to ever bigoted law in the land. I wonder why they stopped, We know the drug war is also enforced in a largely bigoted way. We know these wealth transfer programs undermine the family and that minorities are harmed disproportionately by them. The draft affected minorities disproportionately.

Dreamofunity
05-21-2010, 12:40 PM
I missed the part where Stossel said he was pro-segregation.

YouTube - Stossel Rips Rand Paul Smear (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wziZ_kXWnRI&feature=player_embedded)

HOLLYWOOD
05-21-2010, 12:49 PM
Well, Stalin's Propagandist are like ducks in a row... Kieth Olbermann, Rachel MadCow, Chris Mathews, Ed Schultz, Dylan Ratigan plus dozens of their head bobbling pundits. EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM have played the RACE CARD and SEGREGATING the Citizens via their video.

YouTube has video coverage of every one of them ranting and exploding the race issue. I wish someone would do a Video Collage of these Clowns and how they indoctrinate the ignorant masses with this racist crap.

Theocrat
05-21-2010, 12:51 PM
YouTube - Stossel Rips Rand Paul Smear (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wziZ_kXWnRI&feature=player_embedded)

Thanks for the video. However, Stossel did not say he was a segregationist. He said he would support the freedom of segregationists to voice their opinions, but he would speak out against them. There is a difference.

Matt Collins
05-21-2010, 12:54 PM
http://i185.photobucket.com/albums/x93/sonicspikesalbum/Matt_and_Stossel_ee.jpg

TonySutton
05-21-2010, 01:08 PM
The stupid part of the whole thing is that force does not get rid of the racism, it only ends the discrimination.