PDA

View Full Version : McCain blames U.S. for WWII

kylebrotherton
10-12-2007, 05:14 AM
In the CNBC debate on Tuesday, John McCain said:

"The Smoot-Hawley Tariff acts of the 1930's were direct contributors to World War Two."

Video here (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ai4VBhST504). McCain's quote comes at about 3:45 into this clip.

Isn't this the same heresy that Ron Paul committed (http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ve-bND4-nEU)? Yet I've heard no condemnation of McCain.

USAFCapt
10-12-2007, 05:47 AM
good catch. Yep, whenever a libertarian says it we are isolationist and kooks.

Tuck
10-12-2007, 06:47 AM
Quit hating America guys...

Tim724
10-12-2007, 07:28 AM
Another little gaff by McCain that nobody talked about was, when asked if Bernake was doing the right thing with interest rates, he said "I would like interest rates to be 0%"

He did qualify it by saying the people at the Fed know better than him what rates should be, but I thought that was a bit ignorant.

max
10-12-2007, 08:00 AM
We went to WW2 because Hitler took the Banks, newspapers, parliament, and universitiesaway from the Zionists who had controlled them.

FDR's handlers wanted the German branch of the NWO back in the fold.

Same reason we fought Iraq and soon Iran. Any national leader who practices national sovereignty will be first be demonized by the Zionist media, and then attacked.

thatnerdyguy
10-12-2007, 03:56 PM
We went to WW2 because Hitler took the Banks, newspapers, parliament, and universitiesaway from the Zionists who had controlled them.

FDR's handlers wanted the German branch of the NWO back in the fold.

Same reason we fought Iraq and soon Iran. Any national leader who practices national sovereignty will be first be demonized by the Zionist media, and then attacked.

Uh... are you actually defending Hitler? Because he took government control of private institutions that he had no right to? I'm a bit confused here.

dmitchell
10-12-2007, 04:03 PM
Uh... are you actually defending Hitler? Because he took government control of private institutions that he had no right to? I'm a bit confused here.
Just let it go. As long as he never ever says anything like that while talking about Ron Paul, just let it go.

Adamsa
10-12-2007, 04:20 PM
America obviously played it's part in the build up to Pearl Harbor, McCain is right on this. Hoover stated in a letter to his friends that America's activity had led it down that path.

The difference is:

1. As long as it isn't the Holocaust, you can say what you want, apparently.

2. It isn't 9/11.

I think those are the only two rules about history nowadays.

plopolp
10-12-2007, 04:25 PM
Good point! And then there's a bit of a difference between trade regulations and invasion too...

Another little gaff by McCain that nobody talked about was, when asked if Bernake was doing the right thing with interest rates, he said "I would like interest rates to be 0%"
Ron Paul has said a couple of times, in addition to "I don't want to run your lives" that he doesn't want to run the economy, and that he doesn't know what interest rate should be. Next time he could add something like:
"But I sure as h3ll know that it shouldn't be 0% as McCain wants it to be!"