PDA

View Full Version : Fox News Panic: Glenn Beck Loses 50% Of Viewers

RonPaulFanInGA
05-20-2010, 11:38 PM
http://beforeitsnews.com/story/46/165/Fox_News_Panic:_Glenn_Beck_Loses_50_of_Viewers.htm l

Glenn Beck's Ratings Collapse (http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-glenn-beck-ratings-down-by-30-this-year-2010-4)

Anti Federalist
05-20-2010, 11:50 PM
Awesome articles.

Here's the real news:

Here's how the other cable news personalities are doing, year over year, in April:

April 09- April 2010 in the 25-54 demo:

Fox News' Bill O’Reilly– down 3%

MSNCB's Rachel Maddow – down 8%

Fox News' Greta Van Sustren – down 13%

Fox News' Sean Hannity – down 17%

MSNBC's Chris Matthews – down 23%

MSNBC's Headline News – down 26%

MSNBC's Keith Olbermann – down 28%

CNN's Wolf Blitzer – down 37%

CNN's Campbell Brown – down 39%

CNN's Anderson Cooper – down 41%

CNN's Larry King – down 46%

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-glenn-beck-ratings-down-by-30-this-year-2010-4#ixzz0oXYVsvzd

What to take away from this?

My optimistic side says that maybe, just maybe, the American people are finally seeing through the sham that is corporate MSM "news" reporting and rejecting it, in toto, for other alternatives.

cesarcongo
05-20-2010, 11:52 PM
nice. he can keep ignoraing Dr Ron & Rand Paul and making stupid conspiracy theories. i stopped watching fox long ago

AGRP
05-20-2010, 11:52 PM
Never tuned in since his Medina snow job.

akforme
05-21-2010, 12:02 AM
every time this comes up here about beck losing viewers I see no change

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/ratings/

He's been bumping between 400-600 for the last year.

bucfish
05-21-2010, 12:04 AM
Awesome articles.

Here's the real news:

Here's how the other cable news personalities are doing, year over year, in April:

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/fox-news-glenn-beck-ratings-down-by-30-this-year-2010-4#ixzz0oXYVsvzd

My optimistic side says that maybe, just maybe, the American people are finally seeing through the sham that is corporate MSM "news" reporting and rejecting it, in toto, for other alternatives.

O Reilly should be down more. Anyone that watches Big Bad Bill is Really Brainwashed.

Daamien
I wish they would just cancel his show and replace the time slot with Freedom Watch.

nate895
If flipped on his show a couple of days ago and one of his guests was talking about J. Gresham Machen and George Whitefield, so I had to keep watching to see where that went. I think his ratings drop has less to do with people not liking what he is saying, and more of them realizing he says the same stuff over and over and you can always catch it somewhere else later. Most of his stuff is just getting repeated at this point. It was somewhat fun to watch when there was new stuff, but watching about Van Jones for the zillionth time gets annoying.

Edit: I wouldn't mind a new serious Glenn Beck if the conversation was a little bit more varied and more scholarly.

Jordan
05-21-2010, 12:05 AM
Summer ratings suck across the board as people go outside, do other things, etc. TV is a whole lot less interesting when its 80 degrees and sunny outside.

The numbers posted by Anti Federalist are interesting, but may not show the whole story. None of the listed TV shows are on in the 5PM block (except maybe Wolf Blitzer? IDK). Plus, the article compares winter months+health care reform months to yoy change in April.

Yeah, there's a little statistical fudging. Honestly, I don't really care. Toss Beck, bring on Nap :P

dannno
05-21-2010, 12:17 AM
Debra Medina's interview is haunting himm.... oooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhh ssssssssssssscccccccccccccaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrr rrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy :D

JCF
05-21-2010, 12:38 AM
O Reilly should be down more. Anyone that watches Big Bad Bill is Really Brainwashed.

He plays a decent moderate, he's definitely not as partisan as Hannity which keeps him steady...

krazy kaju
05-21-2010, 12:52 AM
The article states that Beck is still #2 overall talk show host, right behind O'Reilly. Also, the articles states that Beck lost 30% viewership, not 50% as this thread title suggests. This doesn't seem like a big deal to me at all.

nate895
05-21-2010, 12:53 AM
The article states that Beck is still #2 overall talk show host, right behind O'Reilly. Also, the articles states that Beck lost 30% viewership, not 50% as this thread title suggests. This doesn't seem like a big deal to me at all.

Read the other article. I almost made the same mistake you did.

JohnEngland
05-21-2010, 01:37 AM
Curious how some here have such an irrational hatred of Glenn Beck, even though he's easily the best one in cable news and has often had the likes of Rand, Ron, Peter, the Judge on this show.

Now here comes the "Noo0o0o0o, Glenn Beck is a 1) plant 2) CIA operative 3) pedophile offering sweets 4) carefully orchestrated Medina saboteur 5) puppet of the neocon political establishment career new-world-order machine 6) Alex Jones' evil twin brother..." and so on.

SolusSLX
05-21-2010, 03:29 AM
JohnEngland: A pattern can seem absurd to someone who hasn't seen it. For example:

If someone in a room is watching this pattern
1 3 5 10 7 9 11 20 13 15 17 30 19 21 23 40

and then you enter the room and see

25 27 29

and you are asked what the next number in the pattern is going to be, and the other person tells you it's going to be "50" would you believe them or think they are crazy?

DamianTV
05-21-2010, 05:06 AM
The reason they've lost such an extreme ammt of viewers is that those viewers no longer watch TV and only hang out on the Ron Paul Forums or Campaign For Liberty! :P

angelatc
05-21-2010, 05:09 AM
I think the passage of the health care bill has something to do with it also.

SilentBull
05-21-2010, 07:21 AM

Me neither.

JosephTheLibertarian
05-21-2010, 07:25 AM

hmm what does "down 8%" mean when you have about 8 people watching? :/

MelissaCato
05-21-2010, 07:30 AM
I think the comin' airing of Freedom Watch on FBN cable has something to do with it. I know I stopped watching everyone except on election day and the day after. I do try to watch Brett Baier for updates though. :rolleyes:

Prolly 1/2 the people who stopped watching these other shows are giving MSM a hint. And prolly the other half are gearing up for the fourth of July, skimming pools, plowing fields, polishing arms, gardening and enjoying outside life. :D

When will Freedom Watch air anyhows, anyone know ?

Shredmonster
05-21-2010, 07:38 AM
I don't know why you guys on this forum disagree with Beck so much.

You see anybody else on TV having the balls to take stands on issues for freedom like he does?
You see anybody else presenting hard evidence in people's own words?
You see anybody pointing out the connections of all the pukes in the government
and how it ties in to a global agenda?

I think the guy is legit. Nobody is right 100% of the time but I have yet to hear anybody discredit him based the evidence of his arguments.

JosephTheLibertarian
05-21-2010, 07:41 AM
I don't know why you guys on this forum disagree with Beck so much.

You see anybody else on TV having the balls to take stands on issues for freedom like he does?
You see anybody else presenting hard evidence in people's own words?
You see anybody pointing out the connections of all the pukes in the government
and how it ties in to a global agenda?

I think the guy is legit. Nobody is right 100% of the time but I have yet to hear anybody discredit him based the evidence of his arguments.

but he keeps saying the same stuff everyday. and why does he trash atheism? he trashes every atheist as being an agent of "the left"

news flash, BECK, there are atheist libertarians that make you look like an unprincipled jackbooted jackass.

CaseyJones
05-21-2010, 07:42 AM
The Tv Is Dying
Mua Ha Ha

paulitics
05-21-2010, 07:58 AM
Like I predicted, Glenn Beck's audience would shrink 30% because of the medina intervew. It has shrunk even more than I thought.

MelissaCato
05-21-2010, 08:05 AM
It's not that I personally don't like Glenn Beck, all in all he's prolly cool to hang out with, I just hold grudges on him because he smeared the Ron Paul Revolution a number of times a couple years ago. He said we were terrorists when America needed Ron Paul the most pre-primary 2008. I didn't like that. It's like all my hard work canvassing door to door was shot dead and everyone thinking I'm a terrorist.

Until he calls the shills and everyone he's exposing on his show "terrorists" .. then I'll retract my grudge.

But to be fair, he is doing a good job exposing corruption with truth. He deserves credit for that.

What I don't think he realizes, he is the one directly radicalizing Americans, he is driving the population into a state of hate for our government bigtime all 3 branches ... this is attracting alot of anarchist's and converting liberty loving Americans into the anarchist idea by default and I don't like that. I'm not an anarchist .. I'm for "limited-government" as per the US Constitution. I support Ron Paul's Revolution.

Does anyone remember him saying this is gonna be more like a French Revloution than an American Revolution ? Well, he is promoting just that.. a French Revolution.

This is just my opinion. I'm glad he exposed Maurice Strong the way he did. That was brilliant.

TheFlashlight.org
05-21-2010, 08:06 AM
Maybe Maddow should start looking for a job elsewhere?

What other old media dinosaur wants to completely piss off the Tea Party?

TheFlashlight.org
05-21-2010, 08:07 AM
I shouldn't have said piss off, cause that implies we could actually forgive Glenn Beck for being a lying weasel traitor.

HOLLYWOOD
05-21-2010, 08:12 AM
Awesome articles.

Here's the real news:

YEP... Everyone is tired of the FIXED PROPAGANDA NEWS in America. I can't tell you how many times I hear it from strangers. People ARE starting to get it.

That or people lost their homes/TV sets/can't afford service in this Depression.

Not only is it intentionally biased, the corporate master that signs this TV hack's paycheck need to be looked at very closely. Jefferey Immelt, CEO of GE/NBC/MSNBC is on Obama's Council of Economic Advisers aka Keynesian Kooks, also received $80-100 Billion in financial backing/bailouts from the Obama Regime. How do you think they are going to report? MadCow and Kieth OlberHateMann could lose millions a year and Immelt would keep them broadcasting their Spew.

Same goes for FOX President Roger Ailes and whoever is running Communist News Network these days.

Peace&Freedom
05-21-2010, 08:20 AM
All this double emphasizes the shrinking importance of cable media in general when it comes to the success of the liberty movement. Ron Paul became a phenomenon in 2007-2008 despite hostile suppression by the cable news shows, and Rand Paul's success this year happened despite a similar blackout of coverage. In the bigger scheme of things, few Americans watch these shows. More people are reached by Rush, or even Jones via internet, than most of these programs' viewerships combined.

We should never have been as consumed as we were over the slighting of Ron Paul in cable interviews and debates in '07-08. Getting the liberty candidate's face out there on the broadcast TV news shows and in front of real voters is what is critical. For now, let's all sing "Liberty killed the cable show star," yay!

Imaginos
05-21-2010, 08:20 AM
Nice.
I wouldn't mind if entire MSM go bankrupt.

torchbearer
05-21-2010, 08:36 AM
Awesome articles.

Here's the real news:

I really want to believe this too.
If people turn off these talking heads and get on the internet. we win.

tremendoustie
05-21-2010, 09:42 AM

Meanwhile, since the same time last year, Free Talk Live has gone from 44 to 77 affiliates.

ItsTime
05-21-2010, 09:45 AM
I think the passage of the health care bill has something to do with it also.

Exactly. Once cap n trade starts getting debated/heated up all cable news network ratings will go back up.

cjm
05-21-2010, 09:52 AM

I know several families that have downgraded their cable packages from those that include all the above mentioned channels to basic cable, which is merely local broadcast + cspan + a couple other channels.

News and entertainment will definitely come more and more from the internet (and sources like NetFlix for entertainment) as time passes. Until we have to shut off the internet to save the children, of course.

Fredom101
05-21-2010, 09:53 AM
Awesome articles.

Here's the real news:

People are turning to the internet...

Fredom101
05-21-2010, 09:55 AM
Meanwhile, since the same time last year, Free Talk Live has gone from 44 to 77 affiliates.

That's great news, I didn't know that. It took them something like 4 years to get the first 40 affiliates, now they're ramping up.

tjeffersonsghost
05-21-2010, 10:08 AM

Same here....

virgil47
05-21-2010, 10:21 AM
The drop in ratings is due to the time of year folks. Every year about this time the viewership of all television programs begins to drop as more and more people come out of hibernation and return to the out of doors. Watch what happens to the viewership next fall and you'll see I'm correct. If you care to look you'll see that the adults playing online games also drops this time of year.

tremendoustie
05-21-2010, 10:22 AM
The drop in ratings is due to the time of year folks. Every year about this time the viewership of all television programs begins to drop as more and more people come out of hibernation and return to the out of doors. Watch what happens to the viewership next fall and you'll see I'm correct. If you care to look you'll see that the adults playing online games also drops this time of year.

The numbers are year over year.

Carole
05-21-2010, 10:24 AM
Looks to me as though people are getting some good weather and have lots of outdoor things to do. Isn't it normal for viewing to decline beginning in late Spring and during the Summer?

Carole
05-21-2010, 10:27 AM
I appreciate all the Crime, Inc. information and the Obama agenda information. It adds to what I have thought for a long time--for several administrations.

Carole
05-21-2010, 10:29 AM
I often check here:

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/05/20/cable-news-ratings-for-wednesday-may-19-2010/52009#more-52009

wgadget
05-21-2010, 10:34 AM
I don't have cable, so I never watched him.

But after what he did to Debra Medina, I no longer listen to his radio show either.

michaelwise
05-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Beck's Medina hit piece triggered his downfall. I still have not forgiven him for that.

AuH20
05-21-2010, 12:28 PM
Looks to me as though people are getting some good weather and have lots of outdoor things to do. Isn't it normal for viewing to decline beginning in late Spring and during the Summer?

Yes. Plus he's at prime daylight slot at 5 o clock.

AuH20
05-21-2010, 12:31 PM
The numbers are year over year.

No, Beck's 30 percent drop occured during the period between January and April. I can't watch his show on the account that I'm at work like 90% of the country is.