PDA

View Full Version : Who in the liberty movement is the most likely president?

Distinguished Gentleman
05-20-2010, 07:30 PM
I'm talking realistically, not idealistically. Say you were looking at return on investment and you wanted to find out who was the best candidate to spend your time and treasure on to be a future president. 2012,2016,2020.

I ask because ideas like term limits, cuts in military spending, changes at the fed, and a myriad of other issues are ultimately decided at the executive level. (veto power, etc.)

I pick B.J Lawson, but I'd rather get feedback before I taint the voting pool too much with any elaboration.

tangent4ronpaul
05-20-2010, 07:35 PM
You should have pit up a poll. You can have up to 20 options.

2012 and 2016 - Ron Paul, after that Rand Paul

2028 and beyond - who knows...

-t

Distinguished Gentleman
05-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Poll was being created as you posted. Vote away.

Edit: I love Rand. My personal concern is that he picked to be a true blue libertarian on exactly the wrong issue, and may be viable in Kentucky but would ultimately be smeared relentlessly by the powers that be at the national level. I mean, any libertarian will be smeared, but they may stick with Rand.

jkr
05-20-2010, 07:53 PM
i just think people will say ron is too old...RACI$T$!

muzzled dogg
05-20-2010, 07:55 PM
i said other for sarah palin

Natalie
05-20-2010, 08:00 PM

Sarah Palin is not a real liberty candidate.

Natalie
05-20-2010, 08:01 PM
Dammit, I did not know MATT COLLINS!!!! was an option. I'd like to change my vote from Rand Paul to MATT COLLINS!!!

BuddyRey
05-20-2010, 08:06 PM
Definitely Ron, but I think B.J. Lawson has incredible potential also!

tangent4ronpaul
05-20-2010, 08:43 PM
i just think people will say ron is too old...RACI$T$!

Naw – just guilt trip the liberals for being AGEIST!

Sarah Palin is not a real liberty candidate.

Oh, OH! - CATFIGHT!

Gotta make some popcorn – this should be amusing... :)

-t

Distinguished Gentleman
05-20-2010, 08:56 PM
On Ron-

My impression when interfacing with mildly sympathetic conservatives such as those at biggovernment.com, is that the way he presents his arguments makes them uncomfortable. Military fetish, flag waving stuff is popular among the people we absolutely have to appeal too. It's just not Ron's style. For reasons, I won't allude to, I also think there are certain attacks that would stick against the man who cured my apathy. We're not Obama, we don't have a corporate machine to continue to promote us after controversy.

Why I said B.J.
During the congressional campaign, a mole inside the campaign for Price emailed that Lawson was a mix of Progressive and Libertarian and voters who met him found him very likeable. Listen to the way he presents his arguments, he makes liberty sound compassionate and then seamlessly transitions to a thorough economic explanations.

He doesn't get dragged down in the type of arguments that only fly with the Lew Rockwell crowd. Stuff like the contrarian legacy of Lincoln, and a general distaste for PC will not fly with a national audience. He also addresses things other libertarians don't like environmentalism.

Or to put it another way, I could present a video of him to casual observers without them bringing up the typical qualms against small government. Sincere like Ron without scaring away the dumb people.

pcosmar
05-20-2010, 09:10 PM
I would very much like to see Ron Paul run again, if only on principal. I highly doubt that any Liberty Candidate has any chance of winning. In any party.
That is if there is an election in 2012.

If there is , it will be "won" by the Globalist picked candidate.
If the people choose otherwise, they will simply destroy what is left of this country, by both economic and physical violence.

I would still support Ron, or whoever he would endorse, but am preparing for other possibilities.

:(

cindy25
05-20-2010, 09:20 PM
people don't take anyone who is not a present or former Governor or Senator seriously.

Rand should be considered a VP front runner for 2012

Bergie Bergeron
05-20-2010, 09:22 PM
Matt Collins for sure.

AlexMerced
05-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Me in 2024, join the revolution @ http://libertyisnow.socialgo.com/groups/profile/2

Seriously

Distinguished Gentleman
05-20-2010, 10:18 PM
My personal feeling on qualifications- they matter less than ever. Obama was a one term senator. Palin hadn't been governor long. The real test of electability is the (1)machine behind you, (Obama) (2) likeability, telegenic, (Hukabee, Biden, Palin) (3) Ability to go through an election cycle saying uncontroversial things that appeal to a lot of people (Hillary)

That's why I included people who hadn't been elected. As much I believe in spontaneous order, my original intention was to steer the discussion towards the guy you'd want to have the ball in his hands as a national candidate with the intention of winning regardless of how far they've made it.

*On globalists control everything nihilism. People, from central bankers to simple peasants, follow their self interests. Infighting and tribalism exist among every group that ever existed. The interests of media, banks, and special interests are too diverse for them to completely collude against us. That's why Ron doesn't stay at home and ride his bike- there's no proof that our fates are sealed.

silentshout
05-20-2010, 11:39 PM
Ron, with second place going to Gary Johnson.

messana
05-21-2010, 12:40 AM
Rand is in the best position due to the huge amount of coverage he's been getting.

Aratus
05-21-2010, 07:26 AM
matt collins! rand paul could be serious veep material,
even if heaven forbid, he looses to sen. wendell ford's
surrogate son by less than 3 percent this december!!!

Aratus
05-21-2010, 07:30 AM
win or loose, could KENTUCKY send EITHER of the two big name candidates onto the national stage
if the november victory is tighter than Bush & Gore were on & at the national level? ...also if Rand
wins BIG in november and keeps his poll numbers high, he's a sure ticket balancer veep as in a.s.a.p!

JosephTheLibertarian
05-21-2010, 07:32 AM
I chose "other" because I choose myself. I think I have a bias though.

Ron Paul - it's worth another shot

Rand Paul - too early

Gary Johnson - he should give it a go if Ron Paul decides not to

Adam Kokesh - a l0ser

B.J. Lawson - can't even win a friggin House seat lol

Matt Collins - fat chance

Jack Hunter - No chance

Peter Schiff - pay attention to your Senate race

Chuck Devore - win the GOP nomination for gov before you look to higher office

GunnyFreedom
05-21-2010, 07:35 AM
Paul 2012, Lawson 2020, Bradley 2028 :D

Imaginos
05-21-2010, 08:34 AM
Ron Paul is the one.
Im my opinion, no one even comes close.

low preference guy
05-21-2010, 08:47 AM
Walter Williams 2012!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pacelli
05-21-2010, 09:02 AM
Lawson definitely has the most long-term potential if he can get his foot in the door. He's got the look. If you've ever seen him speak in person, he really knows how to read & work the crowd and get them involved. Lawson is really quick on his feet too. Like Ron Paul, he doesn't need prepared speeches and can adapt. He's also squeaky clean in terms of his personal life.

Of course, I would prefer Ron Paul over everyone listed.

JosephTheLibertarian
05-21-2010, 09:03 AM
Lawson definitely has the most long-term potential if he can get his foot in the door. He's got the look. If you've ever seen him speak in person, he really knows how to read & work the crowd and get them involved.

Of course, I would prefer Ron Paul over everyone listed.

yeah, but he can't win a house seat.

pacelli
05-21-2010, 09:08 AM

That is irrelevant in the context of the OP. You chose yourself, and you can't win a house seat either :)

Pennsylvania
05-21-2010, 09:09 AM
Most likely Ron. Most preferably Schiff.

Aratus
05-21-2010, 09:20 AM
MATT COLLINs is strongly in third, now!

JosephTheLibertarian
05-21-2010, 09:28 AM
That is irrelevant in the context of the OP. You chose yourself, and you can't win a house seat either :)

Yes I can.

pacelli
05-21-2010, 09:38 AM
Yes I can.

You've been elected to the house of representatives? Please link to your campaign website so we can get a moneybomb going for you.

JosephTheLibertarian
05-21-2010, 09:39 AM
You've been elected to the house of representatives? Please link to your campaign website so we can get a moneybomb going for you.

lol. Huey Long didn't want to be my campaign manager, so I didn't run...

Carole
05-21-2010, 09:43 AM
I am for Ron Paul. Rand Paul maybe 2016. Paul Ryan might be worth a look.

Only people with R and P in their names. :D:D :eek:

Mattsa
05-21-2010, 09:51 AM
I'm talking realistically, not idealistically. Say you were looking at return on investment and you wanted to find out who was the best candidate to spend your time and treasure on to be a future president. 2012,2016,2020.

I ask because ideas like term limits, cuts in military spending, changes at the fed, and a myriad of other issues are ultimately decided at the executive level. (veto power, etc.)

I pick B.J Lawson, but I'd rather get feedback before I taint the voting pool too much with any elaboration.

None of the above without starting WW3

GunnyFreedom
05-21-2010, 10:00 AM

LOL frakking clueless. NC-4 is something like the 5th most Dem district in the entire United States, and it was drawn specifically to keep it's current occupant in power. Even so, Lawson came the closest to defeating Price of anybody in history, and that was during the 2008 Obamunami. :rolleyes: