PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schiff drops some science on what's going on w/ stocks and the economy

TheBlackPeterSchiff
05-20-2010, 07:28 PM
YouTube - Stock market, U.S. economy, financial regs, exchange controls (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qz0aHQ8KUpQ&playnext_from=TL&videos=Eom7h0BURJk&feature=sub)

Real good vlog for those of you that's interested.

michaelwise
05-20-2010, 08:00 PM
Excellent information Peter.

Sentient Void
05-20-2010, 08:39 PM
Nice.

I was thinking the same exact thing - all the pundits on all the financial channels and news outlets, websites, etc - are trying to say the stock market drop has been due to fears of Eurozone spillover - complete bullshit. There are fundamental problems with our economy because of government policies. Maybe the Eurozone has a little bit to do with it - but it is nowhere NEAR the main reason.

Glad to hear Peter confirm this for me - thanks Peter!

Athan
05-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Man that last part is pretty worrisome.

HOLLYWOOD
05-20-2010, 09:18 PM
So much for a Constitutional Republic... but it's been going on for almost 100 years. Slowly and methodically the Vice of Tyranny of this government on the individual... tightens it's stranglehold.

When a government threatens you with stealing your assets and imprisonment just for visiting countries they don/t want you to go to... or building Billion dollar bunker embassies when we're broke, to house more spies, federal agents like the IRS grows.

This is an excellent point and problem brought up by Peter this evening. The US Government wants complete control of the individual and their assets. But of course the corporations have no problem parking Billions offshore to avoid taxes etc. The Fascist State is running at full speed.

Now I understand why the amount of Ex-Pats has Quadrupled in the past 10 years.

Bergie Bergeron
05-20-2010, 09:23 PM
Gold keeps dropping though, not on the path to 10,000$ like he predicted just yet.

TheBlackPeterSchiff
05-20-2010, 09:34 PM
Gold keeps dropping though, not on the path to 10,000$ like he predicted just yet.

Uhh, gold has been doing good the past few weeks, last few days it took a little hit though.

chadhb
05-20-2010, 09:58 PM
Schiff is ok for a bad finacial advisor, but since he is running for Senate, maybe he should speak of other matters, so we know where he stands.

Bergie Bergeron
05-20-2010, 10:01 PM
Uhh, gold has been doing good the past few weeks, last few days it took a little hit though.
I'd say a big hit.

Daamien
05-20-2010, 10:03 PM
Schiff is ok for a bad finacial advisor, but since he is running for Senate, maybe he should speak of other matters, so we know where he stands.

Or maybe you could take 20 seconds out of your day to find out:
http://schiffforsenate.com/?q=issues

Also:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=245667

Daamien
05-20-2010, 10:09 PM
I'd say a big hit.

Gold is a store of wealth. "Investing" in gold is different than investing in the stock market. When you invest in stocks you are entitled voting rights and future earnings through dividends. When you invest in gold you are simply trading one currency for another. Therefore, it's just as silly to take such a narrow short-term view of gold vs. dollar as it is dollar vs. any other currency. You have little way of knowing whether in two weeks if the exchange rate will be between dollars and yen, just like you have little way of knowing what the price of gold will be. Of course it will fluctuate in the short-term and can have significant gains and losses, but fundamentally in the long-term there will be fewer ounces of gold in the future than fiat dollars in the future. Hence, it should be viewed as a hedge against inflation. You aren't going to make a lot of wealth investing in gold, look at it from the prospective of saving wealth.

chadhb
05-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Or maybe you could take 20 seconds out of your day to find out:
http://schiffforsenate.com/?q=issues

Also:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=245667

Does he support Isreal? I don't hear him ever speak out against the wars. Most of what you just posted, is just basic Republican stuff. It is not good enough just to cast a vote, but he needs to speak on these issues, as well as being questioned.

I tried to watch his debates, but I couldn't handle it.

Daamien
05-20-2010, 11:40 PM

Ignorance is bliss?

You think he is a bad financial advisor (keep in mind he advised Ron Paul during his 2008 campaign on the economy), you are too lazy to find out these things for yourself, and assume that he must support Israel and preemptive wars or staying the course abroad. Really?

He does not support giving aid to Israel. Furthermore, if you actually watched his videos (particularly the debate against Simmons and McMahon) you would know that he wants out of Iraq and to reduce our involvement in Afghanistan (along with closing down our over 700 overseas bases). He believes only in constitutionally declared wars, opposes occupations, and understands blowback. He believes that America can't truly be nationally secure if it has to borrow from other sovereign nations to fund its military.

RonPaulwillWin
05-21-2010, 12:30 AM
Does he support Isreal? I don't hear him ever speak out against the wars. Most of what you just posted, is just basic Republican stuff. It is not good enough just to cast a vote, but he needs to speak on these issues, as well as being questioned.

You need to lurk more, buddy.