PDA

View Full Version : Rand Paul wins primary. RonPaulForums declare "Rand is finished"

Promontorium
05-20-2010, 06:57 PM
It's the end of the semester for me, so I haven't had any sleep in 3 days. I don't really remember when this election was, but I was watching. I was with you guys when we realized it would be a Randslide.

Now I come back and it's like Rand Paul's forum turned into, well... the rest of the angry internet.

Here's some of what I've read in the last half hour:

"He needs to be fired NOW." (on Benton)
every other thread I see is "Rand Paul flip flops"
"Yes he flip-flopped."
"Yes he flipp-flopped, but he had to."
"Worst move this campaign has made."
"It's probably the beginning of the end. I am thoroughly depressed."
"This is why purist positions can cost us elections."

Jesus Christ. What are you guys going to say if he wins?

[ronpaulforums.com]
OMFG IT'S THE APOCALYPSE!!! ALL IS LOST, WE ACTUALLY GOT EXACTLY WHAT WE'VE BEEN WORKING FOR!!! I CAN'T STAND THE IDEA OF WINNING!!! [/ronpaulforums.com]

Where's the Revolution? Crying like girls.

Rand won. All that nay saying is irrelevant. It doesn't even matter if he wins the general, he proved he could be elected by Republicans specifically running against the establishment neocons that have controlled the party for decades.

But all we can talk about is one minor issue that even us as supporters can't agree on. It's one day. Rand took on some heavy reins when he declared himself the tea party, anti-establishment representative.

Don't you remember all of the last year has been devoted to trashing the Tea Parties? Rand certainly is going to face a barrage of attacks. But he's been playing the national circuit for awhile. his is deft to the game.

Meanwhile, did any of Grayson's lies hurt Rand in the election? Rand knows what I'm talking about, he bragged that all his ads were about him, and all his opponents ads were about him.

This is basically how Obama got elected. McCain played right into his hands. Obama just stood there and laughed at McCain's insults and mudslinging, meanwhile he made sure to say, often, that he wouldn't play dirty.

Every time Rand speaks people throw their wallets at him. They flip flop and join him. He is an upfront and honest speaker (like his father) with an obvious undertone of knowing the political game.

I can't even believe I'm on Rand Paul, Kentucky Republican Party nominee for senate's #1 forum and I feel everything positive I say will just be shot back at me. I shouldn't have to argue his "electability" here. This website is his electability.

We did it guys. We are the minority. But now it seems a majority of Rand's statesmen support him. That is success.

Often I wonder if much of the "support" isn't contingent on this "revolution" staying underground. Like the people that only like certain bands or clothing because other people don't. Yeah. I'm calling you poser libertarians. You say "purist" like it's a condemnation, as if having standards should be abolished. You can be a purist and still support the nonpurist. It is irrational to refuse to support anyone because they aren't exactly like you. Because no 2 humans agree 100% on everything. We all have our own standards. Let each other be. And I have no intention of alienating anyone (though sometimes I do) supporting Rand or any other candidate. Because, well, it's really simple.

There are many issues where we disagree with the majority. It is by design, that if you ever have any intention of winning, you must have the support of people who aren't in complete agreement with you. No candidate will ever win any election with a refusal to accept the support of people the candidate doesn't agree with. It is impossible. So get this cleared up now. Please don't let any one issue make or break your support.

TheTyke
05-20-2010, 07:03 PM
I'm in absolute agreement with this post.

It seems we have a legion in the liberty movement waiting for a "gotcha moment" to jump on our own candidates and tear them to shreds. Our opposition chooses these issues deliberately to do that.

I understand the concern about electing a statist in disguise, but this is absolutely not what Rand is. Both Ron and Carol Paul have said this over and over! If there has ever been someone we can trust, Rand Paul is the one. And with our support, he can win a victory that hasn't been possible for decades.

Stop playing into the enemy's hands!! We've got to grow up and realize why it is they win all the time!

KramerDSP
05-20-2010, 07:10 PM
Well said. Honestly, all of this could end up being the best thing that ever happened to Rand and the movement.

The AG, Holder, once famously said that we were a nation of cowards for not discussing race issues openly. This is an opportunity to actually discuss issues relating to private property and pointing out inconsistencies. To be clear, Rand isn't the one that started this. He was asked a question and responded. That's when we saw all this firestorm. I think a lot of us are still grappling with the concept that Rand can, and in all actuality, WILL win and become a United States Senator. I believe Conway will trip himself up more than once and that for Rand, it will be mostly smooth sailing a week or two from now. For those who watched old-school WWE, this is the equivalent of the opponent having already used their "finisher", and on Day One.

sirgonzo420
05-20-2010, 07:12 PM
I agree... but Rand still cannot appear wishy-washy.

silverhandorder
05-20-2010, 07:14 PM
I support Rand completely and here is my take on it. We can't get elected without giving something back. What this means is that if 90% of our views are being accepted we take that and work on the remaining 10% after we settled the first 90% of our beef. Now personally I hoped we could go in gunz blazing with rallying conservatives behind us. Obviously the campaign saw that this would kill them otherwise they would not have back off. Rest up and recover we will have our day when 100% of our positions are accepted by the majority.

Natalie
05-20-2010, 07:16 PM
Rand is fine. Seriously. He's going to kick ass in November. It'll be another RANDSLIDE!!!!

lordindra3
05-20-2010, 07:17 PM
Amen to the author of this thread!!!

Michigan11
05-20-2010, 07:20 PM
Everybody have a Beer or a Randslide (whatever that may be)....

KramerDSP
05-20-2010, 07:24 PM
I support Rand completely and here is my take on it. We can't get elected without giving something back. What this means is that if 90% of our views are being accepted we take that and work on the remaining 10% after we settled the first 90% of our beef. Now personally I hoped we could go in gunz blazing with rallying conservatives behind us. Obviously the campaign saw that this would kill them otherwise they would not have back off. Rest up and recover we will have our day when 100% of our positions are accepted by the majority.

The only thing I would argue with is that logic was employed on Kucinich by Obama in regard to Health Care Reform. I'm OK with Rand picking a spot, but he's gotta be as consistent as his father. Matthews mentioned something about Rand being so new politically that he's essentially formulating/harnessing his positions on the air in real time.

silverhandorder
05-20-2010, 07:27 PM
Wow Mathews said that? That seems like a defense and not an attack :P. I will be thinking about all this for the next couple of weeks to make sense of it all.

Travlyr
05-20-2010, 07:28 PM
Rand Paul did just fine last night, last quarter and last year. Someone even coined a new word... Randslide! That's rare! Many on Liberty Forest are proud of Rand Paul!

Good Job Rand Paul!!!

Some people watch too much TV and put too much credibility in blogs and MSM. It's silly. But fun to watch. :)

After years of studying politics, I have come to the conclusion that there is NO difference between republicans and democrats. I was so elated when Newt Gingrich, Dick Armey and others OWNED 1994 (Contract With America) (I bought the book :() only to watch them CAVE. It was a sad day for me when I learned that the republic was gone for good.

Now I have hope! Rand Paul couldn't have Randslided the primary if most people in KY and across America weren't tired of the same ole shit.

There is hope for liberty!

Flash
05-20-2010, 07:29 PM
And if you guys remember Scott Brown faced intense criticism from the same network days leading up to his election in a heavily democratic state. All is not lost for Rand, far from it. And in a week this story won't be anywheres.

damiengwa
05-20-2010, 07:35 PM
The only thing I would argue with is that logic was employed on Kucinich by Obama in regard to Health Care Reform. I'm OK with Rand picking a spot, but he's gotta be as consistent as his father. Matthews mentioned something about Rand being so new politically that he's essentially formulating/harnessing his positions on the air in real time.

Reminds me of a James Cagney quote...something like 'Plant yourself, look the other fellow in the eye and tell the truth...'

JoshLowry
05-20-2010, 07:36 PM
OP is a collectivist.

:p

damiengwa
05-20-2010, 07:36 PM
And if you guys remember Scott Brown faced intense criticism from the same network days leading up to his election in a heavily democratic state. All is not lost for Rand, far from it. And in a week this story won't be anywheres.

Yeah and scott brown is such a standard bearer, right? He is a career politician all the way... What's he done to further the liberty message? But hey, why should we be so hard on him, he drives a truck after all.

Flash
05-20-2010, 07:37 PM
Yeah and scott brown is such a standard bearer, right? He is a career politician all the way... What's he done to further the liberty message. But hey, why should we be so hard on him, he drives a truck after all.

Lol. I wasn't talking about him as a politician I was mentioning about other races that have been won despite constant MSNBC smear segments. MSNBC is going to change the course this election, thats just my opinion.

Inflation
05-20-2010, 07:57 PM
All the panicked people, cowering before Wesley Crusher's almighty race card, can just talk to the Randslide.

qh4dotcom
05-20-2010, 08:07 PM
Kentucky is a reliable red state...and the election is 6 months away.
Remember that folks did not like the bailouts and they were announced 5 weeks prior to the 2008 election and 80% of incumbent pro-bailout members of Congress got re-elected.
Whatever Rand says in October is more important than what he says now.

CUnknown
05-20-2010, 08:14 PM
All the panicked people, cowering before Wesley Crusher's almighty race card, can just talk to the Randslide.

Wesley Crusher, lol..

Yeah seriously, we won guys!!!! If we support Rand 100% and try our damnedest, THERE WILL BE A PAUL IN THE SENATE. :cool:

Of course the establishment is worried, ha! It's a testament to our success that he is being attacked from all sides now. We never thought it would be easy, did we??

sirgonzo420
05-20-2010, 08:15 PM
Wesley Crusher, lol..

Yeah seriously, we won guys!!!! If we support Rand 100% and try our damnedest, THERE WILL BE A PAUL IN THE SENATE. :cool:

Of course the establishment is worried, ha! It's a testament to our success that he is being attacked from all sides now. We never thought it would be easy, did we??

I'm with ya, buddy, I'm with ya.

It's just gonna be a nerve-wracking few months...

ProBlue33
05-20-2010, 08:20 PM
I am reading all these posts here at RPF and it is like the man is running for the national office of President, and has to worry about these liberal opinions centered in other area's of the country.

Guess what, the only opinions that matter are Kentucky residents, and I don't think they are going to care that much about what he said in the last 2 days come November.