PDA

View Full Version : Should a Black Restaurant owner be forced to serve a member of the Ku Klux Klan?!

cesarcongo
05-20-2010, 06:12 PM
An amazing question I read on this link
http://dailypaul.com/node/135174
Do you support the government forcing a Black Restaurant owner be forced to serve a member of the Ku Klux Klan?!

please dont forget to spread this question and ask it to all your liberal friends and colored friends who call Rand Paul racist

cesarcongo
05-20-2010, 06:15 PM
Another question
Should a black tailor be forced to design sheets and white robes for the Ku Klux Klan?

Dreamofunity
05-20-2010, 06:28 PM
While I would personally say no, the distinction made by those in agreement with the government forcing people to treat other people is that someone chooses to be a KKK member, they don't choose their skin color. Denying service based on a choice is fine and dandy, denying it based on something people cannot control is evil, according to them.

While I'd agree with the liberal position that denying for the sole reason of things people do not choose individually is wrong, I think a business should be able to do as it pleases and face the consequences of it's decisions.

tremendoustie
05-20-2010, 06:33 PM
While I'd agree with the liberal position that denying for the sole reason of things people do not choose individually is wrong, I think a business should be able to do as it pleases and face the consequences of it's decisions.

That's not the liberal position, that's the unbigoted position :)

Where people differ is in the solution to the problem. I, and you, believe bad publicity, boycotts, pickets, public scorn, etc, are the right way to deal with racist businesses, while some believe threats of violence are the solution.

That's the difference between the libertarian and big government positions.

Edit: Unless you're using the classical definition of liberal of course ...