PDA

View Full Version : $1,000 a day fine threats for Ron Paul signs on private property!

SwordOfShannarah
10-11-2007, 11:38 PM
Two Florida residents are being threatened with $1,000 a day fines for having Ron Paul signs on their private property.

Please Digg here! (http://digg.com/politics/Ron_Paul_signs_not_allowed_in_Florida)

http://ronpaulmeetupvideos.com/2007/10/12/truck-signs-not-allowed-in-florida/

steph3n
10-11-2007, 11:40 PM
no digg please, no digg!! we have dugg out people, give it a break only send what is relevant and profitable to the task.

Lord Xar
10-11-2007, 11:43 PM
wow.. that is absolutely incredible... am I in the twilight zone?

SwordOfShannarah
10-11-2007, 11:48 PM
no digg please, no digg!! we have dugg out people, give it a break only send what is relevant and profitable to the task.

sorry I have to disagree (but I guess that's obvious since it's my post! :) ). This conflicts with first amendment rights and property rights as well.

If Ron Paul and his supporters have a lot going on that deserves to be dugg then thats the way it is. Don't duck you're head in the sand like an Ostrich now!

steph3n
10-11-2007, 11:53 PM
Sword,

As I have said many times, I am not against digging the best items of the day, but sending every item over and over is fruitless. This one has already bee there in the last 24 hours.

kickzman
10-12-2007, 12:04 AM
Wow this is getting sick.... Its almost like they are tempting us to defy law and cause violence so they can jail us... This country is becoming a place Hitler would be proud of>

ronpaulhawaii
10-12-2007, 12:08 AM
Ammo

http://hawaii.gov/ag/main/publications/opinions/1993_1999/96-04.pdf

http://starbulletin.com/2002/06/19/news/story3.html

orenbus
10-12-2007, 12:10 AM
i can't belive this is happening in the united states of america

Matt Collins
10-12-2007, 12:11 AM
Is there a deed on the property that says it most follow specific restrictions for a homeowners association? If not, then I don't see how this can be enforced because it's private property.

jointhefightforfreedom
10-12-2007, 12:14 AM
if i was this guy i would paint my house just like the sign and add 20 more yard signs too ! This is the kind of blatent bullshit i can't stand!

austin356
10-12-2007, 12:29 AM
Is there a deed on the property that says it most follow specific restrictions for a homeowners association? If not, then I don't see how this can be enforced because it's private property.

it would have nothing to do with the County then.

TAMPA Statists!!!

Hell this is the type of crap you see out of China. Fining 1000 per day for a political sign?

Death to those who fine such.

fj45lvr
10-12-2007, 12:35 AM
who knows maybe something like this will become the modern day equivalent to the "boston tea partY".....we are just waiting for the the spark as Jefferson stated, "I know that there are combustible materials there, and that they wait the torch only. "

Maybe this will be a torch....it should be as well as thousands of other outright abuses we suffer from the hands of despots.

OptionsTrader
10-12-2007, 12:39 AM
Chalk the hell out of the city hall steps :D

Thunderbolt
10-12-2007, 01:00 AM
You can't tell from that video what happened. A lot of towns have laws that say that you cannot put up political signs any earlier than 90 days or (pick a number) before an election. It looks like the county picked the wrong law to go after this guy about so either: they don't know the law and made an error or 2. they used the wrong law to go after him with.

I live in a subdivision that doesn't allow political signs at any time - ever. I signed that agreement when I moved here. It was voluntary and I am just fine with it.

This is not a major deal. If the county made an error then I see no reason why the guy would take down his signs. It looks to me like the guy got a ticket for doing something that he feels he cannot win if he fights it in court.

We have thousands of laws on the books about this sort of thing. Many cities all over are taking down Ron Paul signs because they have been put up before they are allowed to. This is not a conspiracy against Ron Paul. I haven't seen one sign for any other candidate either in my area. So, I have to assume they are applying the law equally.

The fact that the guy put up a sign for the Sheriff doesn't mean anything. Perhaps he put that sign up closer to the election.

This video doesn't have enough facts in it to say what happened.

steph3n
10-12-2007, 01:13 AM
Thunderbolt, unless you give in a subdivision with a community policy, your property is yours to do with it as you will. The government can not tell you no signs on it because of their code.

SwordOfShannarah
10-12-2007, 01:15 AM
Sword,

As I have said many times, I am not against digging the best items of the day, but sending every item over and over is fruitless. This one has already bee there in the last 24 hours.

I didn't see it when I made this post. Do you have the link?

SwordOfShannarah
10-12-2007, 10:40 AM
The other issue here (much more important than digg) is that of setting precedent. If they can do it here they can do it all across the nation, and if they win here they will point to this as a precedent saying it gives them the right to do so.

Leslie Webb
10-12-2007, 10:56 AM
Contact the ACLU.

Craig_R
10-12-2007, 11:00 AM
GET A LAND PATENT

until you do that the city/town or whatever can put restrictions on land you only hold a "deed" or "title" to. because a "deed" or "title" only give you rightful claim on using the land , NOT OWNERSHIP OF IT.

paulitics
10-12-2007, 11:01 AM

i agree

torchbearer
10-12-2007, 11:04 AM
GET A LAND PATENT

until you do that the city/town or whatever can put restrictions on land you only hold a "deed" or "title" to. because a "deed" or "title" only give you rightful claim on using the land , NOT OWNERSHIP OF IT.

How does one get a land patent?