PDA

View Full Version : CFR Shill Joe Klein --- Resistance is Futile

AuH20
05-20-2010, 12:26 PM
Time is globalist toiler paper.

http://swampland.blogs.time.com/2010/05/20/more-on-rand-paul/

If Democrats play their cards right, by November most Americans will know that Medicare is government health care, that social security is a government pension service, that all the bank bailout money either has been paid back or will be covered by a modest tax on too-big-to-fail banks, that the Obama stimulus package mostly consisted of tax cuts for them and support for necessary local government functions like schools and cops--and that the jobs-creating aspects of the stimulus package have been remarkably free of corruption.

If the Republicans play their cards right, they will step away from the brink and recognize that a certain don't-tread-on-me libertarian spirit has always been close to the heart of the American dream, but that libertarian extremism has always been a loser--and that even Ronald Reagan found that he couldn't put a dent in the liberal social safety net because it was too popular.

Most extremist moments in American politics are passing fevers. Glenn Beck's ratings are down; his paranoid act is wearing thin. Balance will eventually be restored--which, in this case, will probably mean fewer Democrats in Congress (because their 2010 levels were unnaturally high, given past history), but it will also mean that more Republicans will understand the downside of demagogic extremism.

This guy is as bad as Baghdad Bob. Speaking of which, will Joe Klein take his own life, when his beloved state crumbles apart? Or perhaps he'll just move somewhere else?

BuddyRey
05-20-2010, 07:20 PM
LOL! Libertarianism is more popular than ever, and we're supposed to believe this douchenozzle when he says it's all just a fleeting fancy, and that the voters will soon become disillusioned with a movement that makes more and more sense to the average American every day, as his currency is debased and his liberties are being flushed down the toilet?

This stuff makes me laugh. I love seeing the neocons in damage control mode.

Aratus
05-21-2010, 06:44 AM
henry luce is not spinning in his grave... insted his metaphoric heirs are orchestrating spin in terms of their day jobs!

AdamT
05-21-2010, 07:06 AM
that libertarian extremism has always been a loser

I love how these shills always add the "extremism" tag to the end of any word they don't like.

TheFlashlight.org
05-21-2010, 08:22 AM
Joe Klein is right about extremist moments being passing fevers, but he doesn't now that he's the extremist! Yoinks!