PDA

View Full Version : Conway campaign received $100,000 from Wall Street

itshappening
05-20-2010, 04:01 AM
Dan Mongiardo penned this op-ed in Sunday's Lexington Herald-Leader, slamming his opponent, Jack Conway:

“The fundamental question for Democratic Primary voters is: Who's on your side? As attorney general, Jack Conway collected over $70,000 in campaign cash from utility companies while his office negotiated millions in rate hikes. Conway has pocketed $106,000 from Wall Street insiders, including Goldman Sachs.

I have stood up for Kentucky ratepayers and challenged Conway on his unethical conduct and proposed the toughest Wall Street reforms of any candidate. Since expressing support for Henry Waxman's cap-and-trade bill last year, national Democrats have pumped over $500,000 into Conway's campaign coffers.

In contrast, I strongly oppose cap and trade. It will devastate Kentucky's economy and increase electric rates.

If you're looking for another lawyer-politician who's more comfortable schmoozing with Washington lobbyists than Kentucky factory workers, Jack 's your guy. But if you're looking for a small-town doctor who will hold Wall Street accountable, get spending under control and champion the cause of Kentucky's working families, your hunt is over.

Read more at the Washington Examiner:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Kentuckys-most-liberal-Senate-candidate-opposes-cap-and-trade-94105239.html#ixzz0oSjbC9p2

RonPaulFanInGA
05-20-2010, 05:25 AM
Another "anti-bailout" candidate getting money from those bailed out. Hmm....

sailingaway
05-20-2010, 06:38 AM
Dan Mongiardo penned this op-ed in Sunday's Lexington Herald-Leader, slamming his opponent, Jack Conway:

“The fundamental question for Democratic Primary voters is: Who's on your side? As attorney general, Jack Conway collected over $70,000 in campaign cash from utility companies while his office negotiated millions in rate hikes. Conway has pocketed $106,000 from Wall Street insiders, including Goldman Sachs.

I have stood up for Kentucky ratepayers and challenged Conway on his unethical conduct and proposed the toughest Wall Street reforms of any candidate. Since expressing support for Henry Waxman's cap-and-trade bill last year, national Democrats have pumped over $500,000 into Conway's campaign coffers.

In contrast, I strongly oppose cap and trade. It will devastate Kentucky's economy and increase electric rates.

If you're looking for another lawyer-politician who's more comfortable schmoozing with Washington lobbyists than Kentucky factory workers, Jack 's your guy. But if you're looking for a small-town doctor who will hold Wall Street accountable, get spending under control and champion the cause of Kentucky's working families, your hunt is over.

Read more at the Washington Examiner:

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/blogs/beltway-confidential/Kentuckys-most-liberal-Senate-candidate-opposes-cap-and-trade-94105239.html#ixzz0oSjbC9p2

LOL!

This makes the candidate positions pretty clear, doesn't it?

itshappening
05-20-2010, 07:36 AM
he reminds me of Grayson, career politician backed by special interests and he will get even more special interest anti-Rand money in the coming months

Matt Collins
05-20-2010, 08:08 AM
he reminds me of Grayson, career politician backed by special interests and he will get even more special interest anti-Rand money in the coming months
They are the same. Both are slimeball sleazebag Democrat attorneys. This race will not be about issues, it'll be about personality, looks, and FUD again.

Aratus
05-20-2010, 08:34 AM
jack conway's mouth says things very jfk, as his fundraising is very DINO/RINO...

Bergie Bergeron
05-20-2010, 11:36 AM
bump

sluggo
05-20-2010, 12:57 PM
bump

specsaregood
05-20-2010, 12:59 PM

And i got called tinfoil hatted for suggesting the TPTB are upset that one of their horses didn't make it to the general. They wanted Conway vs Grayson in the general because either is fine with them.