PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Mountain Media / Liberty Independent News Sources

speciallyblend
05-19-2010, 06:34 PM
HI RPF and Visitors, we are seeking independent news sources and writers to publish in the Colorado Mountains Region.

We have had 35,000 unique visitors in the first month. We are going to launch locally in Leadville tomorrow as i flyer every door in Leadville Colorado Lake County. We will also be in some hotels in summit county and will be expanding if things go well:)

if you know of a good independent news source or individuals that would like their stories published please contact me thru rpf www.ronpaulforums.com or www.coloradomountainmedia.com or www.leadvillelifestyle.com !!!!

Our site will focus on spreading Liberty and Daily News for local/state/national!!

We want to focus on our community and informing them of news that regular msm sources will not cover!! We encourage everyone local or non-local who loves the outdoor lifestyle(snowboarding,skiing,hiking,biking,raftin g etc etc) to join our site www.leadvillelifestyle.com fb/twitter We will have blog features and we look forward to promoting Liberty Candidates in 2010!!!

Please feel free to leave a link or contact thru rpf!

Colorado, WOLVERINES:D

dannno
05-25-2010, 12:35 PM
http://www.good.is/post/green-energy-pot-and-renewable-power/

Green Energy: Pot and Renewable Power

Colorado is one of the 14 states that have legalized medical marijuana, but I think Boulder is the first city that might require dispensaries to be sustainable. From Boulder's Daily Camera:

House Bill 1284, which appears to be on its way to the governor's desk this week, would contain a provision requiring all dispensaries to grow at least 70 percent of the marijuana they sell.

At the same time, regulations being considered in Boulder -- which will likely be approved May 18 -- would require dispensaries that grow any amount of their own product to offset 100 percent of the electricity they use by subscribing to wind power, connecting to a community solar garden or using on-site solar panels.

The combination of the state and local laws, if left unchanged, would likely mean each of the 100 licensed dispensaries in Boulder would have to go to all-clean energy.

The Boulder City Council members pushing this idea are focusing on the dispensaries both because they use so much energy (growing lamps, fans, etc.) and because they're politically vulnerable. But as municiple renewable energy initiaves go, it's a little arbitrary. They aren't the only businesses that consume lots of energy.

That said, I'm sure the dispensaries could survive, and using renewable energy is probably something their clientele of outdoorsy potheads glaucoma sufferers would really appreciate. And it's interesting to think that the medical marijuana industry might be thrust into the role of renewable energy trailblazers.

speciallyblend
05-25-2010, 04:14 PM
thanks danno,