PDA

View Full Version : Kos Kidz flaming “Paul Rand”!

CapitalistRadical
05-19-2010, 02:16 PM
Here! (http://www.dailykos.com/story/2010/5/19/867906/-Rand-Paul-WinTeabagger-Fail-Update-already) Ridiculous asshats, blind with rage. :mad:

TonySutton
05-19-2010, 02:18 PM
not willing to lower my IQ for them :P

ClayTrainor
05-19-2010, 02:19 PM
Blind with rage? That means they're not just wasting their own time, they're wasting yours too. Just ignore them. ;)

JoshLowry
05-19-2010, 02:22 PM
Ok, so how do we connect with DK membership and correct these fallacies?

Calling them asshats, taunting and laughing at their ignorance won't go far.

We need a youtube video reaching out to the left that talks about term limits, reading the bills, withdrawing from Iraq, and an end to the saber rattling with Iran.

Anti Federalist
05-19-2010, 02:29 PM

We need a youtube video reaching out to the left that talks about term limits, reading the bills, withdrawing from Iraq, and an end to the saber rattling with Iran.

A good idea, but one that's doomed to failure I'm afraid.

The one very large and glaring common ground point between us and the left is an anti-war stance.

The left has gone AWOL on that subject now that their guy is in power.

I'd like to see more outreach to the politically unaffiliated or those who have dropped out in disgust.

Those seem to be the ones I have the most success with.

MsDoodahs
05-19-2010, 02:34 PM
Yeah, the silence of what WAS the "antiwar left" since Obama's coronation has been a huge disappointment.

AuH20
05-19-2010, 02:41 PM

The one very large and glaring common ground point between us and the left is an anti-war stance.

I'd like to see more outreach to the politically unaffiliated or those who have dropped out in disgust.

True. Many have been paralyzed by the inequalities and perceived racism in our world. They simply will not accept mankind in his natural state. To them, the ends justifies the means. In other words, if the rest of the population must be dragged kicking and screaming into their doomed-to-fail utopian experiment, then so be it.

catdd
05-19-2010, 02:52 PM
True. Many have been paralyzed by the inequalities and perceived racism in our world. They simply will not accept mankind in his natural state. To them, the ends justifies the means. In other words, if the rest of the population must be dragged kicking and screaming into their doomed-to-fail utopian experiment, then so be it.

That's them in a nutshell

puppetmaster
05-19-2010, 02:57 PM

And the is a ton of these folks you are talking about....looking for a platform to support

lester1/2jr
05-19-2010, 04:29 PM
basically illegible

Brooklyn Red Leg
05-19-2010, 05:02 PM

The problem with most of the sycophants who post on DailyKos is that they don't give a rip about anything but aggrandizing the Democrats. They're basically the same as the NeoCons. Kos himself is a slimy fucktard who plays up people's prejudices to incite them.

silentshout
05-19-2010, 05:15 PM
I agree with a PP...I don't see why liberty-minded people shouldn't try to educate some on the left. Many are still very disgusted with the wars..they just don't post in Kos. :) For example, people who liked Mike Gravel could agree with many things RP says. (Ok, not too many people voted for Gravel but still..)

Mini-Me
05-19-2010, 05:24 PM

I tend to agree with AF and Red Leg on this one: Ordinary liberals are easy to find common ground with, but the DailyKos people in particular are extreme Democratic partisans. The specific stated purpose of DailyKos is to advance the Democratic Party, and so the people who become gung-ho about that don't tend to be independent thinkers, and their party loyalty is uncommonly difficult to break.

nayjevin
05-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Yeah, the silence of what WAS the "antiwar left" since Obama's coronation has been a huge disappointment.

No no! It's still there.

We heard about anti-war sentiments during Bush because it was popular. Now we are seeing the effects of Obama - all the cronies, pundits, and politicians are silent. And truly anti-war Democrats do not have incentive within party to bring up the issue.

So that's why we don't hear about it right now - but it's still there in real people. I say don't confuse what we hear about most often in the media with what is actually important to people. Brothers and sons are still coming home in boxes. We just had the deadliest day of the year in Iraq a few days ago. Hundred+ lives gone, drone attack.

All the Obama/Bush empire is doing is slowly but surely disillusioning real, truth-seeking people to the 2 party system. Waking up inevitably leads to liberty ideals. We're in good shape.

Anti-war is not gaining ground in the D party - therefore D's who are anti-war will be defecting.

War is the issue that kills the state. They must defend it, but there is no honest way to do so. That's why I think anti-war classical liberalism is key.

Lord Xar
05-19-2010, 06:01 PM
Going to Kos on the regular certainly would result in brain cells being forever lost. But hey, only the strong shall survive --> thus, their blind faith in the nanny state. I would never of thought to see the day when grownups have such fervor to be taken care of by their peers.

Stay away from there. Everytime you visit, you put money in that dickheads pocket. You ain't gonna create a liberty lover from a zombie.

KramerDSP
05-19-2010, 06:03 PM
I agree with a PP...I don't see why liberty-minded people shouldn't try to educate some on the left. Many are still very disgusted with the wars..they just don't post in Kos. :) For example, people who liked Mike Gravel could agree with many things RP says. (Ok, not too many people voted for Gravel but still..)

Excuse me for pimping my own video, but I think this is one of the most effective videos for the anti-war "left" that are terrified that a President Paul would cut everything in sight on Day One.

YouTube - Ron Paul's Transition Plan (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x3iK6Hy6xMA)

MsDoodahs
05-19-2010, 06:04 PM
Sure some are still there but as we both recognize - they're SILENT.

It is stunning to me to see how many who professed their antiwar sentiment during the campaign suddenly became FINE with the war once it was Obama's and not Bush's. I don't disagree that some just don't speak of their view anymore, as it is not tolerated anymore.

The silence - as you noted - of "the cronies, pundits, and politicians" is disappointing.

nayjevin
05-19-2010, 07:07 PM
Sure some are still there but as we both recognize - they're SILENT.

It is stunning to me to see how many who professed their antiwar sentiment during the campaign suddenly became FINE with the war once it was Obama's and not Bush's.

Maybe you're right, I just have only seen that in media, not when talking to friends. I think most Obama voters are questioning their vote. Mostly internally at this point.

The silence - as you noted - of "the cronies, pundits, and politicians" is disappointing.

To me that's expected. Olbermann is anti-establishment when Bush in office. Limbaugh is anti-establishment when Obama is in office. This is by design.

People fall for it just as they always have - but less and less all the time, I believe.

catdd
05-19-2010, 07:55 PM
I wouldn't last 5 minutes at the KOS, that's why I've never bothered to go there.