PDA

View Full Version : Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee email mocking Rand Paul and Tea Partiers

Daamien
05-19-2010, 01:28 PM
Somehow I was on the Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee email list (not any more) and got the following amusing email today where they mention Rand's success but then attempt to paint him as an extremist on immigration by misrepresenting his views:

Democratic Senatorial Campaign Committee
"I have a message from the Tea Party that is loud and clear and doesn't mince words: We've come to take our government back."
-- Kentucky GOP Senate nominee Rand Paul

Dear XXXXXXXX,

Tuesday was primary day, and it was a good night for Democrats. We have strong nominees in Kentucky and Pennsylvania, and the special election win in PA-12 shows that Democrats have a path to victory.

But it was a good night for the Tea Party, too.

One Republican nominee wants to shock people crossing our border. Another's views are far to the right of radical former Sen. Rick Santorum. From Kentucky to Pennsylvania to Arkansas, Republicans chose candidates on the fringe. And now that the primaries are behind them, these Tea Party darlings and right wing conservatives will turn their full attention to rallying support and undermining President Obama.

The danger is real. But so is our ability to stop them.

Fight back now with a gift to the DSCC. The DSCC is the strongest tool we have to keep the fringe out of power. With only six months until Election Day, now is the time to redouble our efforts. President Obama is counting on us to get this done.

We must raise $332,224 in the next 9 days to fight the right from coast to coast.
Double your impact. Your gift will be matched. Left to go: $332,224 Deadline: 9 days. Contribute

Click here to donate $5 or more to the DSCC. The DSCC needs to raise $332,224 in the next 9 days to level the playing field. Every dollar you give will be matched, doubling your impact!

Despite the media's insistence that there is an "enthusiasm gap" between Democrats and Republicans, the fact is that Democratic turnout far exceeded Republican turnout in the Pennsylvania, Kentucky and Arkansas primaries. Democrats know this November's elections matter. We simply cannot let these guys win:

• Kentucky candidate Rand Paul has a unique solution for immigration: Install an electric fence on the border.

• In Pennsylvania, Republicans nominated Pat Toomey, who spent years working as a derivatives trader and has made a career of fighting for Wall Street. An analysis of voting patterns showed Toomey far to the right of even former senator and conservative radical Rick Santorum.

• In Arkansas, John Boozman is vowing to repeal health care reform if he wins in November. Such a move would leave 481,000 Arkansans with no health insurance.

I can assure you - if these right-wing radicals get elected, they won't lift a finger to help President Obama solve any of our country's problems. They'll join the ranks of today's Republicans: all no, no answers.

Not if we can help it. We must raise $332,224 in the next 9 days to help ensure President Obama has the votes he needs to move our country forward.

Click here to donate $5 or more to the DSCC. The DSCC needs to raise $332,224 in the next 9 days to level the playing field. Every dollar you give will be matched, doubling your impact!

We did well on Tuesday, but so did the Tea Party. Let's fight hard now to make sure they don't in November.

Sincerely,

J.B. Poersch

NewFederalist
05-19-2010, 01:34 PM
Well, well, welll... they can just eat shit!

fisharmor
05-19-2010, 02:03 PM
They'll join the ranks of today's Republicans: all no, no answers.

Well, if we could keep these mountebanks doing this no matter who the president is, I'd settle for that.

Southron
05-19-2010, 02:15 PM
Well, if we could keep these mountebanks doing this no matter who the president is, I'd settle for that.

What's funny is that "no" is an answer.

dean.engelhardt
05-19-2010, 02:17 PM
Keep calling the teaparty stupid and unimportant. It sure worked for Trey Grayson.

catdd
05-19-2010, 02:37 PM
You are next, you kooky Demi-rats! Hurricane Liberty is coming your way.

Original_Intent
05-19-2010, 03:29 PM
Wow, they have the chain letter formula down: repeat everything three times, and baaaaaad things will happen if you don't send money.

freedoms-light
05-19-2010, 03:37 PM
Rand's fence blurb was more about intrusion detection vs. their suggestion of intruder electrocution... Or am I mistaken?

Daamien
05-20-2010, 09:29 AM
Rand's fence blurb was more about intrusion detection vs. their suggestion of intruder electrocution... Or am I mistaken?

Correct, he doesn't want to literally electrocute people.

AGRP
05-20-2010, 10:00 AM
Obama has a unique solution for trespassers: 200 snipers ready to blow the brains out of anyone who walks on his lawn :rolleyes:

Matt Collins
05-20-2010, 10:31 AM
Yes, pissing off the most angry populist political movement of this generation is a very wise choice on their parts. I am not sure who has more hubris, the liberal dems, or the establishment Republicans :rolleyes:

Please keep on their e-mail list so that you can continue to share this stuff now.