PDA

View Full Version : Hannity sucking up to the Pauls and Libertarians right now!

NoHero
05-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Said he jumped out of his seat and cheered Rand's speech last night. Then said he disagrees with Ron on war, but libertarians have it right on the economy and are in line with the founders. Even mentioned not understanding why the GOP establishment is opposed to this. HAHAHA! It begins...

jclay2
05-19-2010, 01:25 PM
This guy is a snake. Now I understand why Rand is playing so hard to mention the word "tea party" every time he gets a chance. Watch Levin praise Rand as well.

MRoCkEd
05-19-2010, 01:26 PM
We're taking over!

AuH20
05-19-2010, 01:31 PM
This phenomenon of having old enemies joining the fold is mirroring the Goldwater Revolution. William F. Buckley Jr., being the preeminent Conservative gatekeeper of the time was extremely leery of endorsing Goldwater, only until Goldwater became a formidable force in American politics. Hannity respects raw power as does Rush and the other lackeys. Right now, Rand is holding alot of cards, so the pundits will kiss his ring.

NoHero
05-19-2010, 01:32 PM
This guy is a snake. Now I understand why Rand is playing so hard to mention the word "tea party" every time he gets a chance. Watch Levin praise Rand as well.

I'm not sure Levin can hide all that visceral hate.

NewFederalist
05-19-2010, 01:33 PM
Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck and all the other FNC "conservatives" are just so much rubbish. They are all for big government as long as it works for them. The entire bunch of them including O'Reilly and Brit Hume are just as bad as the creeps on the other networks. I like Fox Business but not Fox News.

CharlesTX
05-19-2010, 01:53 PM
He disagrees with Ron on the war but says we got it right on the economy?!?!

LOL! The economy is inclusive of the war, Sean!! You dipshit!

I hate these two faced snakes in the grass.

ladyjade3
05-19-2010, 01:57 PM
well... there's no snow on the ground right now. I guess we're less scary to him...

Anti Federalist
05-19-2010, 02:02 PM
well... there's no snow on the ground right now. I guess we're less scary to him...

:D

tremendoustie
05-19-2010, 02:03 PM
Hannity's a snake, but it's nice to see that he's feeling the pressure to pay us lip service. That in turn will further change the political climate.

When you're king, even your enemies kiss your ring.

Never forget who's who though.

Fredom101
05-19-2010, 02:03 PM
Hannity isn't worth our time.

Sadly, Rand mostly agrees with Hannity on the wars. :(

ClayTrainor
05-19-2010, 02:04 PM

Wha.. wha.. whaaaaaaaaaaaat??!?! :confused:

torchbearer
05-19-2010, 02:05 PM

:rolleyes:

Cowlesy
05-19-2010, 02:06 PM
Said he jumped out of his seat and cheered Rand's speech last night.

I believe you that he said that on the radio, but no he did not.

He was at the Fox News studios, probably hanging out with Rick Santorum and Gingrich and going "gaaaah, can't believe he won."

I envision Neil Cavuto seeing this and saying to them, "YeEAAAAAaahHHH. IN yo FACE."

Fredom101
05-19-2010, 02:10 PM
Wha.. wha.. whaaaaaaaaaaaat??!?! :confused:

He believes in a "strong national defense", he has said so many times. The only thing he may differ with Hannity on is the idea of congress declaring war. How hundreds of sociopaths declaring war is any different than 1 is beyond me.

Rand is not anti-war like his dad.

TruthisTreason
05-19-2010, 02:13 PM
I'm sure Hannity doesn't want to see Jack Conway in the senate.

Ekrub
05-19-2010, 02:14 PM
How hundreds of sociopaths declaring war is any different than 1 is beyond me.

:rolleyes: The difference is a dictatorship vs. republic (democracy)

M House
One of the things that's irritates me is Rand is going wishy washy on the war stuff. I've seen and read him saying stuff that would put him into either camp. Unfortunately, we'll just have to see. I would prefer we not get another Israel has a special parasitic relationship with the USA deal.

Epic
He believes in a "strong national defense", he has said so many times. The only thing he may differ with Hannity on is the idea of congress declaring war. How hundreds of sociopaths declaring war is any different than 1 is beyond me.

He's been vocally against the Iraq war, and has not committed to the Afghan surge

He's also against the Patriot Act, doesn't want to hold Gitmo legal innocents indefinitely, and wants to see declarations of war when war is debated.

Fredom101
05-19-2010, 02:16 PM
:rolleyes: The difference is a dictatorship vs. republic (democracy)

Sure, but hundreds of people making a decision on your behalf with your money without your consent isn't any better than 1 person doing this. War is bad for everyone, no matter who is doing the declaring.

LibertyBrews
05-19-2010, 02:17 PM

Ron Paul is not a pacifist. Ron Paul believes in a strong national DEFENSE. He just doesn't support using our troops for imperialistic aggressive ambitions.

CapitalistRadical
05-19-2010, 02:25 PM
Instead of calling Hannity a snake, we should consider him a faithful mouthpiece for the Republican Party, wherever it is going and whoever takes over. He can see the handwriting on the wall, and he won't resist the groundswell. Consider him a butler. When we get into the office, he is there to serve.

cswake
05-19-2010, 02:25 PM

Which is a perfect opportunity for a few people to email Hannity and ask that he invite both Ron and Rand to his Fox show.

Stary Hickory
05-19-2010, 02:27 PM

And who in the world would be against a strong national defense? Honestly. Are you for a weak national defense? Naive.

I think Rand Paul and Shawn Hannity define national defense a lot differently.

Fredom101
05-19-2010, 02:34 PM
And who in the world would be against a strong national defense? Honestly. Are you for a weak national defense? Naive.

I think Rand Paul and Shawn Hannity define national defense a lot differently.

I'm for defending myself, yes. But I'm completely against someone forcing me at gunpoint to pay for a collective defense. Please watch the Philosophy of Liberty video. Collective defense is an anti-freedom idea which can only be paid for by pointing guns at people and forcing them to pay:

YouTube - The Philosophy of Liberty (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muHg86Mys7I)

anaconda
05-19-2010, 02:37 PM
Sean Hannity must never be trusted.

anaconda
05-19-2010, 02:38 PM

Big LOL:D

Cowlesy
05-19-2010, 02:41 PM
Perhaps Hannity is simply Private Joker, and we're the Colonel reminding him that inside every NEOCON, is a FREEDOM-FIGHTER trying to get out.

YouTube - Full Metal Jacket Peace (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VHKpGJX29s)

Anti Federalist
05-19-2010, 02:45 PM
Perhaps Hannity is simply Private Joker, and we're the Colonel reminding him that inside every NEOCON, is a FREEDOM-FIGHTER trying to get out.

YouTube - Full Metal Jacket Peace (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VHKpGJX29s)

I was thinking Hannity was more along the lines of Private Pyle.

YouTube - Full Metal Jacket - Private Pile (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OZS6wem7OQ&feature=player_embedded#)

CapitalistRadical
05-19-2010, 02:55 PM
I'm sure that in a poll, “Strong National Defense” would poll very high, whereas “World Policeman” would poll very low.

Original_Intent
05-19-2010, 02:58 PM
:D
well... there's no snow on the ground right now. I guess we're less scary to him...:D

AGRP
05-19-2010, 03:06 PM
Hannity can take the backseat with arlen specter.

speciallyblend
05-19-2010, 03:08 PM

well they better stay away from Colorado;) we still have snow;)

georgiaboy
05-19-2010, 03:10 PM

I don't trust any of the talkbots anymore. I hear what they have to say, but it's always through a b.s. filter, and I never, ever will base my vote on what these people say. Disgusted that I ever trusted them or a party label.

Just imagine Hannity's reaction had Grayson won.

Ok, I won't do that again.

NoHero
05-19-2010, 03:59 PM
Yeah, Hannity is a Republican Party gatekeeper. I have a radio in my room that is turned to an AM station, volume low, because I've always fallen to sleep to Coast to Coast since I was a kid. (Makes for good dreams) So, if I'm home during the day I catch Rush, Hannity, or Savage if I haven't turned it off. I do like to hear what him, Beck, Maddow, Olbermann, CNN, PBS, etc. are saying though. That way, I can keep up with the current spin, political memes, and the basic structure of discourse being given to the masses at a certain time. This makes for easier discussion with other people and easier conversion of their thought on issues they are wrong.

Distinguished Gentleman
05-19-2010, 04:07 PM
With the exception of shutting down guantanamo, Rand and Ron share almost exactly the same positions. The difference is that they are framed in a way that wins elections in Kentucky instead of educating for a movement. I can understand if it bothers some that Rand panders. It does work.

YouTube - Penn and Teller Defend Ron Paul vs. Luntz and Fox News (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If9EWDB_zK4)

itshappening
05-19-2010, 04:30 PM
One of the things that's irritates me is Rand is going wishy washy on the war stuff. I've seen and read him saying stuff that would put him into either camp. Unfortunately, we'll just have to see. I would prefer we not get another Israel has a special parasitic relationship with the USA deal.

He has to carry a state and maybe in future a nation, he's going to play the game of trying to offend the least amount of people and shape his message to appeal to as many people as possible including neocons.

That is how you win power and the neocons and big spending liberals have perfected the art now we use their means against them

Brian4Liberty
05-19-2010, 04:30 PM

Or more scary. No snow means only rocks are handy. :eek:

jmdrake
05-19-2010, 04:35 PM

Rand said he'd have demanded a declaration of war for Afghanistan and that he'd have voted against the war in Iraq. So that's at least 75% disagreement with Hannity on the wars. I know it's not perfect, but it's nowhere near "mostly agrees".

Brian4Liberty
05-19-2010, 04:36 PM
He was at the Fox News studios, probably hanging out with Rick Santorum and Gingrich and going "gaaaah, can't believe he won."

We need to keep an open mic near Hannity every time Rand is mentioned. Remember how he caught Jesse Jackson's remark about Obama? No doubt Hannity says the same thing "in private".

YouTube - Jesse Jackson on Barack Obama; "I Wanna Cut His Nuts Off" (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zS883xWTKOg)

osan
05-19-2010, 04:39 PM
We're taking over!

Taking over what? "We" haven't even taken over KY, so don't get ahead of yourself. Rand's win is a good first sign, but it is a tiny step. Let us hope is marks the beginning of a devastating political tsunami against the current status quo of the authoritarian welfare state.

BlackTerrel
05-19-2010, 04:40 PM

It's not about trust and honestly I've heard the guy speak only a couple of times but it is what it is.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_most-listened-to_radio_programs

The guy has more than 16 million listeners daily. To put that in perspective I believe McCain won the Republican primary with less than 16 million votes. Most of Hannity's 16 million are Republican.

If he is saying good things about Paul we should be happy about it and do whatever we can to make sure that continues to be happen.

osan
05-19-2010, 04:43 PM
Right now, Rand is holding alot of cards, so the pundits will kiss his ring.

The one on his hand or between his cheeks?

osan
05-19-2010, 04:48 PM

Wait a minute... Belief in a strong national defense is not the same as being a war mongering psychopath. I believe in a strong national defense capability - I many not define it the same way as many, but that is not the point. I believe we must be strong because we have a LOT of enemies out there. That does not mean I believe we should be prosecuting these ridiculous wars, for example. Quite the opposite.

osan
05-19-2010, 04:55 PM
Ron Paul is not a pacifist. Ron Paul believes in a strong national DEFENSE. He just doesn't support using our troops for imperialistic aggressive ambitions.

Actually, he is, AFAICS. What he is not is a passivist. I am a pacifist, but if you take a swing at me I will smack you right back. I believe that pretty well summarizes Ron Paul's position, though I would not call myself an expert there. It is the sound position, IMO. This war-mongering, reactionary shit is getting us into a LOT of trouble.

osan
05-19-2010, 05:08 PM
Consider [Hannity] a butler. When we get into the office, he is there to serve.

More like a low rent street ho'. Willing to go anywhere for a buck fifty.

sofia
05-19-2010, 05:11 PM
Hannity respects raw power as does Rush and the other lackeys. Right now, Rand is holding alot of cards, so the pundits will kiss his ring.

yep...

i recall years ago when I was promoted at work. A co-worker that I never got along with before.....was suddenly kissing my ass....simply because I got bumped to supervisor.........LOL

ClayTrainor
05-19-2010, 05:11 PM
More like a low rent street ho'. Willing to go anywhere for a buck fifty.

I'm pretty sure he just signed a $100m contract with Fox for 5 years. I'm not sure there's any low rent street hookers making that kinda cash. :p

Athan
05-19-2010, 05:26 PM
Its easy to see that he's just kissing up to the voters who handed greyson such a giant kick in the ass. He'll just beck-stab Rand Paul at any chance.

nayjevin
05-19-2010, 05:35 PM
This phenomenon of having old enemies joining the fold is mirroring the Goldwater Revolution. William F. Buckley Jr., being the preeminent Conservative gatekeeper of the time was extremely leery of endorsing Goldwater, only until Goldwater became a formidable force in American politics. Hannity respects raw power as does Rush and the other lackeys. Right now, Rand is holding alot of cards, so the pundits will kiss his ring.

^truth

what a great post. everyone has had a moment of unusual power, like being put in a position that feels important or elite.

These guys get that all the time, and are addicted to it. Lacking morals, they'll do or say anything to remain in position to keep the fix coming. Luntz, O'Reilly, Hannity, Beck, Colmes, Olbermann, Edwards, Pelosi. Pretty much the personality type the establishment is looking for in applicants.

The scariest ones are those who believe they are spiritually justified in these actions. When the 'raw power' feeling becomes the 'God's Righteousness' feeling, you get zealotry and serious sociopathic tyrants.

Mini-Me
05-19-2010, 05:41 PM
This is just bizarre. I'd like to think they're seeing the writing on the wall and afraid to become irrelevant if they don't join our bandwagon, but...really, the whole thing makes me uneasy about what they (Hannity, Levin, and their masters) might know that we don't. My paranoid side is smelling a trap.

PreDeadMan
05-19-2010, 06:49 PM
This is Sean Hannity he's the hooker in this video. He'll do and say whatever you want as long as you pay him enough!

YouTube - Full Metal Jacket (1987) - Me So Horny (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEEWE7gcPw0)

purplechoe
05-19-2010, 06:54 PM
anybody got a snowball?

http://www.jonesreport.com/images/150507_ron_hannity_debate.jpg

purplechoe
05-19-2010, 07:00 PM
http://thereaganwing.files.wordpress.com/2007/08/foxnewsiowa.jpg

http://www.lostrepublic.us/Graphics/FauxNewsRPNevada.jpg

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/8841/nh95so0.jpg

Matt Collins
05-19-2010, 08:16 PM
Look for many rats to be trying to jump aboard the ship as it sets sail!

ClayTrainor
05-19-2010, 08:18 PM

That's a great little analogy :D

AuH20
05-19-2010, 08:28 PM

Well, they burnt down their ship. ;)

cindy25
05-19-2010, 08:28 PM
Hannity is conflicted, just as Palin is; they know the war is wrong but are afraid to move ahead of their base

South Park Fan
05-19-2010, 08:36 PM
Kinda funny given how he was attacking him two weeks ago after Giuliani's Grayson endorsement.

Griffith
05-19-2010, 08:40 PM
Sean Hannity, Glenn Beck and all the other FNC "conservatives" are just so much rubbish. They are all for big government as long as it works for them. The entire bunch of them including O'Reilly and Brit Hume are just as bad as the creeps on the other networks. I like Fox Business but not Fox News.

I agree but Beck at least has some clue. He stood up to O 'Reilly the other day about a new law waiving miranda rights for suspected terrorists in America or something along those lines. I think Beck gets it, at least on domestic policy.

Griffith
05-19-2010, 08:41 PM
Said he jumped out of his seat and cheered Rand's speech last night. Then said he disagrees with Ron on war, but libertarians have it right on the economy and are in line with the founders. Even mentioned not understanding why the GOP establishment is opposed to this. HAHAHA! It begins...

Is there a vid with this? Hannity is the biggest douchebag of them all. And that includes Olbermann. He HATES Ron Paul.

fj45lvr
05-19-2010, 09:36 PM
I guess Hannity would fall under category #1 below?? a KNAVE:

The ostensible supporters of the Constitution, like the ostensible supporters of most other governments, are made up of three classes, viz.: 1. Knaves, a numerous and active class, who see in the government an instrument which they can use for their own aggrandizement or wealth. 2. Dupes—a large class, no doubt—each of whom, because he is allowed one voice out of millions in deciding what he may do with his own person and his own property, and because he is permitted to have the same voice in robbing, enslaving, and murdering others, that others have in robbing, enslaving, and murdering himself, is stupid enough to imagine that he is a “free man,” a “sovereign”; that this is “a free government”; “a government of equal rights,” “the best government on earth,” and such like absurdities. 3. A class who have some appreciation of the evils of government, but either do not see how to get rid of them, or do not choose to so far sacrifice their private interests as to give themselves seriously and earnestly to the work of making a change.