PDA

View Full Version : Biometric ID Cards Could Help Resolve Migrant Worker Issues

moostraks
05-19-2010, 11:26 AM
http://www.farmanddairy.com/news/biometric-id-cards-could-help-resolve-migrant-worker-issues/14940.html

Lovely big ag is lobbying for biometric id cards

"Garrison, a dairy farmer from Indiana, leads a pro-agricultural lobbyist group to help tackle farming related issues in Washington.

According to Garrison, although a comprehensive bill to mandate cards for everyone working in the U.S. is in its formative stages as a Senate bill, plans are under way to ensure everybody is required to have a card in the U.S, whether you are a citizen or not...

What Garrison believes is that a “bridge” program can be put into place to serve as a comprehensive bill. This may do more than the border fences, work site raids and audits that have faced municipalities.

It will also expand the program to help employers make better use of migrant labor.

The AgJOBS bill will create a situation that will help solve the problems encountered with H-2A and Arizona’s new immigrant law with an “incremental approach to get things started,” he said. “AgJOBS is becoming recognized as the way to handle this by the U.S. Congress,” he said."

emphasis mine!

NYgs23
05-19-2010, 12:02 PM
When will everyone realize that this sort of crap is the inevitable of illegal immigrant fear. Folks, do you think the state is going to use your fear of illegals for anything other than to expand its own power??

moostraks
05-19-2010, 12:13 PM
I think it is really telling when big ag will lobby for it and healthcare industry has been trying to manipulate people regarding this issue. The more power player lobbyists that make the agenda one of tag and track the less likely we will be able to evade their tentacles.

Illegal immigration appears to be the fear factor for a greater agenda of centralized, unaccountable control of the population. It is nauseating and frustrating.

constituent
05-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Illegal immigration appears to be the fear factor for a greater agenda of centralized, unaccountable control of the population. It is nauseating and frustrating.

and yet so many of the folks around here seem to love it!

MelissaWV
05-19-2010, 01:02 PM
and yet so many of the folks around here seem to love it!

Indeed. I wonder where they are, saying that the alternative is being overrun and we are being invaded and they are being forced to eat burritos and speak Spanish and look at brown people and are being denied excellent, high-paying jobs? I expect it shortly.

pcosmar
05-19-2010, 01:15 PM
When will everyone realize that this sort of crap is the inevitable of illegal immigrant fear. Folks, do you think the state is going to use your fear of illegals for anything other than to expand its own power??
Some realize it, some still don't get it.

I personally think the Issues of Illegal immigration and terrorism are being manipulated deliberately.

And I am sure there is an agenda.
:mad:

16He also forced everyone, small and great, rich and poor, free and slave, to receive a mark on his right hand or on his forehead,
17so that no one could buy or sell unless he had the mark, which is the name of the beast or the number of his name.