PDA

View Full Version : Unity so called 'Liberty' candidates

itshappening
05-19-2010, 07:04 AM
... or as near to 'liberty' candidates as we can get

it seems that when DeMint, us and Redstate or FreeRepublic are on the same page it can be a powerful combination as evidenced by Rand's stunning victory, however when we split (mostly for foreign policy reasons) like in Indiana we let in the establishment candidate

In Colorado, Ken Buck is closing the gap on Jane Norton. Buck is the preferred candidate of DeMint/Freepers and us as well. In Nevada freepers are backing Angle but I think most of us prefer Tarkanian so it's possible the hated GOP chair Lowden could squeak through.

in California we're united behind Chuck DeVore

Anyone got any more examples or ideas on how we can line up and unite?

itshappening
05-19-2010, 07:05 AM
Norton Fades in Colorado :

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2010/05/18/norton_fades_in_colorado.html

itshappening
05-19-2010, 07:07 AM
Utah, we're behind Mike Lee I think as the 'best' candidate

Cowlesy
05-19-2010, 07:17 AM
Utah, we're behind Mike Lee I think as the 'best' candidate

True, Red State and many of us here like Mike Lee.

itshappening
05-19-2010, 07:19 AM
I think Mike Lee is the favorite to win that seat and would be one of Rand's closest allies in the senate, assuming he doesn't sell us out... but he talks a good game and sounds authentic

I dont know what to make of Buck

speciallyblend
05-19-2010, 08:04 AM
Norton Fades in Colorado :

http://politicalwire.com/archives/2010/05/18/norton_fades_in_colorado.html

i think jane norton is dead in the water in Colorado;) ken buck already won the straw poll(which was conducted during gop assemblys delegates across counties! solid straw poll!!

not to mention our movement grows everyday and the tea party in COLORADO is RUN BY ron paul supporters from ALL PARTIES!!

the gop is on notice in colorado from local county to state;) and will be held accountable by us the voters;) i think many voters do not even listen to the establishment cogop leaders anymore! i think www.campaignforliberty.com colorado has more clout then the failed cogop leaders!!!

Peace&Freedom
05-19-2010, 08:21 AM
"Unity" can be coalition building, or can be the slippery slope to destruction (being co-opted back into the standard two-party puppet show). What are we going to be unified BY, or what is the guideline? Buck was the focus of the flap over an ad put out or backed by CFL months ago, for example. Can we be unified in the sense of supporting candidates who are anti-war, anti-Fed, and against the NWO? Will there be a panel of Paulites and Freepers that work out the criteria for jointly working together? If not, 'unity' may be code for drifting back into the hip pocket of Republicans.

klamath
05-19-2010, 08:26 AM

it seems that when DeMint, us and Redstate or FreeRepublic are on the same page it can be a powerful combination as evidenced by Rand's stunning victory, however when we split (mostly for foreign policy reasons) like in Indiana we let in the establishment candidate

In Colorado, Ken Buck is closing the gap on Jane Norton. Buck is the preferred candidate of DeMint/Freepers and us as well. In Nevada freepers are backing Angle but I think most of us prefer Tarkanian so it's possible the hated GOP chair Lowden could squeak through.

It is the fact of politics that if you want idealogical purity you will lose. Rand had to tone down a bit on Foreign policy but he will be one huge step in the right direction of declaring wars and reducing our military, worldwide footprint.

Bergie Bergeron
05-19-2010, 08:28 AM
www.liberty-candidates.org

itshappening
05-19-2010, 09:56 AM
i think jane norton is dead in the water in Colorado;) ken buck already won the straw poll(which was conducted during gop assemblys delegates across counties! solid straw poll!!

not to mention our movement grows everyday and the tea party in COLORADO is RUN BY ron paul supporters from ALL PARTIES!!

the gop is on notice in colorado from local county to state;) and will be held accountable by us the voters;) i think many voters do not even listen to the establishment cogop leaders anymore! i think www.campaignforliberty.com colorado has more clout then the failed cogop leaders!!!

PPP are predicting Buck will win with the momentum he has

eproxy100
05-19-2010, 10:05 AM
Isn't Ken Buck another neocon?

From his website:
"On Iraq & Afghanistan

My son is a third year cadet at West Point. I'm very proud of my son's decision to serve his country. He understands the risks involved. He also understands there is a price for freedom in this country and he's willing to stand up and shoulder that burden. For so many of our brave men and women today, that means shouldering the burden in Iraq and Afghanistan.

We definitely need to continue a major effort in Afghanistan. We are told this effort will take at least 10 years. It will require both military and civilian personnel to help build up the country. The generals on the ground tell us we are likely to be in Afghanistan for the long term with a difficult and complicated mission.

As Colorado's Senator I will always look first to the advice of the generals, and I will strongly support the mission of our troops who are in harm's way."

http://buckforcolorado.com/issues102k9.php

ninepointfive
05-19-2010, 10:21 AM

Well, up in Larimer County, Buck has something like 70% support.
Jane Norton dropped out of the assemblies to petition onto the ballot. She's funded by millions of Dollars, and knew she didn't have enough votes at the assemblies.

As a delegate to state this weekend, Ken Buck has my support.