PDA

View Full Version : New Rasmussen Poll: Conducted on May 18th

ssforronpaul
05-19-2010, 06:51 AM
http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/elections2/election_2010/election_2010_senate_elections/connecticut/election_2010_connecticut_senate

Schiff: 37% Blumenthal: 53%

All three republicans were compared to Blumenthal to see how his lie affected the race.

ssforronpaul

Bern
05-19-2010, 06:59 AM
OK Peter - make your move.

aspiringconstitutionalist
05-19-2010, 07:04 AM
I bet Quinnipiac feels stupid abandoning their poll of the CT Senate race to poll Specter/Sestak in PA instead.

Daamien
05-19-2010, 08:26 AM
Nice jump.

Epic
05-19-2010, 09:04 AM
Schiff trails by 16, Simmons by 11, McMahon by 3...

I just think that Schiff would do fine in a general because people will vote for him once they hear him speak. The voters probably know McMahon and Simmons much better.

Also, Blumenthal will keep sinking - probably not everybody has heard about the Vietnam thing by yesterday. And more revelations will come too - there was the Harvard Swim Team Captain thing.

JasonC
05-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Schiff trails by 16, Simmons by 11, McMahon by 3...

I just think that Schiff would do fine in a general because people will vote for him once they hear him speak. The voters probably know McMahon and Simmons much better.

Also, Blumenthal will keep sinking - probably not everybody has heard about the Vietnam thing by yesterday. And more revelations will come too - there was the Harvard Swim Team Captain thing.

That's the thing.. few of these people being polled are even very familiar with Peter. Once Peter gets a chance to speak and gets the grassroots machine rolling, he will be doing fine. We need to get him a big moneybomb in order to fund some of his ads.

JamesButabi
05-19-2010, 09:23 AM
Wow this is what we have been looking for. The average person hasnt even heard about the Blumie scandal as of 5/18 either.

Blumenthal now leads Peter Schiff, a high-profile Wall Street investment banker, 53% to 37%. In the previous survey, he posted a 54% to 29% lead over Schiff

Wow thats a big jump for this portion of campaigning (Media buys, RTC visits). Direct comparison is only 8%less than Mcmahon, 2% less than Simmons versus Dick. They say Schiff is still highly unknown. 500 person survey.

This is exactly what we needed to hear at this point. With Rand locked up in his primary, this is very very exciting and is primed for a grassroots sneak attack.

sb10
05-19-2010, 10:04 AM
Only 26% of people say that Blumenthal should withdraw?

Does that mean that 74% surveyed think it's okay to lie about service?!? Ugh! No wonder this country is in trouble.

Nice jump for Peter! Let's hope he can build on that.

tuco.sargent
05-19-2010, 10:42 AM
OK Peter - make your move.

I think we're gonna have to make a move too if we want Peter to come out on top of this. He's already donate 500,000 dollars of his own cash into this campaign with very little grassroots initiative to show for it. Let's organize a moneybomb! Let's get Young Americans for Liberty to setup an event in Connecticut! Let's do something! I've been knee deep in Rand's campaign in KY and I worked hard with other volunteers that gave up their time to help win his primary. I wish I could have the opportunity to do so with Schiff.

Jeremy
05-19-2010, 10:48 AM
Well Schiff made the biggest gain (8 points). But he will need a lot more than that.

MRoCkEd
05-19-2010, 10:51 AM
Where's the damn primary poll?

Odin
05-19-2010, 11:06 AM
Wow this is what we have been looking for. The average person hasnt even heard about the Blumie scandal as of 5/18 either.

Wow thats a big jump for this portion of campaigning (Media buys, RTC visits). Direct comparison is only 8%less than Mcmahon, 2% less than Simmons versus Dick. They say Schiff is still highly unknown. 500 person survey.

This is exactly what we needed to hear at this point. With Rand locked up in his primary, this is very very exciting and is primed for a grassroots sneak attack.

yeah, there is in fact a lot of good news in this poll.

First, Blumenthal's support against Peter only dropped one percent, but Peter's support went up 8%, which means he's winning over undecideds.

Second, his favorables now are stronger than his unfavorables, 44%-29%, with 27% still unsure. Strongly favorables also exceed strongly unfavorables 13-9. I expect with more advertizing the somewhat favorables will move to strongly favorables, and many unknowns will become favorables.

The bad news is that McMahon is only 3% behind now, which will be tempting to Republicans, but hopefully they understand that despite that and all her money, McMahon is very vulnerable.