PDA

View Full Version : My Worst Fear

RonPaul4President
06-07-2007, 11:13 AM
What if Ron Paul is being used by the Republican party. In order to vote for RP you have to register as a Republican. Once you register to vote Republican can you still vote for another party if Ron Paul doesn't get nominated? Think of all the people that are leaving other parties to vote for Ron. Will all these people lose their votes if Ron isn't nominated? If not, let's hope there is never a law that slides through Congress allowing this to happen.

beermotor
06-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Depends on state laws. Remember, you can always write him in. Don't fear.

Bloody Holly
06-07-2007, 11:19 AM
Go here.

http://www.vote-smart.org/voter_registration_resources.php

specsaregood
06-07-2007, 11:21 AM
What if Ron Paul is being used by the Republican party. In order to vote for RP you have to register as a Republican. Once you register to vote Republican can you still vote for another party if Ron Paul doesn't get nominated? Think of all the people that are leaving other parties to vote for Ron. Will all these people lose their votes if Ron isn't nominated? If not, let's hope there is never a law that slides through Congress allowing this to happen.

You party registration only affects which candidates you can vote for in the Primary. You can vote for any party/candidate in the general election. Either you are confused, or you have confused me.

JoshLowry
06-07-2007, 11:31 AM
It only effects the primaries in certain states.

RonPaul4President
06-07-2007, 11:35 AM
OK, got it. Thanks.

mdh
06-07-2007, 02:22 PM
This is silly - neocons control all of the Democrat candidates too, except for Gravel. There're four standout candidates. Gravel and Paul care about liberty, Hillary and Rudy downright loathe it... the rest just don't care at all.

Carl
06-07-2007, 02:51 PM
This is silly - neocons control all of the Democrat candidates too, except for Gravel. There're four standout candidates. Gravel and Paul care about liberty, Hillary and Rudy downright loathe it... the rest just don't care at all.

Wouldn't it be a hoot if Ron Paul selected Gravel as his running mate?

ARealConservative
06-07-2007, 02:55 PM
all this would do is prevent people from voting in democratic primaries (in some states).

Not a single state requires you to vote in the general election for the party you registered under.

mdh
06-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Wouldn't it be a hoot if Ron Paul selected Gravel as his running mate?

I'd really love to see them up against eachother in the generals, to be honest. It'd be a real serious choice where people could vote in good conscience regardless of their beliefs. I would like Gravel as a running-mate, too, sure. They're both *good people.*