PDA

View Full Version : Let's say Gore runs...

OceanMachine7
10-11-2007, 09:19 PM
There's been talk that if Gore wins the Nobel, he could change his mind and run for president.

Is this good or bad for Paul? Certainly it would mean that Republican voters would listen more to what the candidates are actually saying, since they wouldn't be as worried about finding someone who "could beat Hillary."

USPatriot36
10-11-2007, 09:28 PM
Well he is not going to run. If he were it would be bad for Ron because it is yet one more meaningless candidate wasting news time that should be on Ron instead.

mtmedlin
10-11-2007, 10:06 PM
He might run and it is a HUGE problem for RP. He has stated before that he is against the war. He has a similar position as RP on getting out. This would give our Democrat block another opportunity. I would say 70% chance he doesnt run but I wouldnt doubt that he is spending this week taking calls from bundlers and party donors.

briatx
10-12-2007, 12:52 AM
Don't be silly. Gore is not going to run against Hillary.

Mortikhi
10-12-2007, 02:54 AM
Don't be silly. Gore is not going to run against Hillary.

Right. Hillary would have him meet with an unfortunate accident

trispear
10-12-2007, 03:04 AM
Gore would be bad but not for any specific reason beyond that he isn't so divisive. No one really hates him because he doesn't evoke that much passion either way.

Hillary is divisive and republicans would vote against her in droves (still, other than against RP, she'd likely win as the republican base is smaller).

Perhaps he'll end up with the VP slot :p (although it looks like Obama will get it)

austinphish
10-12-2007, 04:12 AM
it would be terrible for RP

AlexAmore
10-12-2007, 04:54 AM
It would probably be bad. Buuuuuut i'm sure he is not going to run and I would place money on it. Here's why...

Gore's big issue is global warming. If Gore ran for president he would be even more exposed as a hypocrit than he is already now. People would do investigations like crazy to expose Al Gore's big lifestyle hypocrisy and human caused global warming BS. It would be a nightmare for him and his propaganda, instead of where he is right now as well liked and influential man with an award.

That's what I think would happen.

johngr
10-12-2007, 06:50 AM

CNN Europe just had a show with one of their political hacks speculating on the possibility. I think they're scared and are waiting to see how Dr. Paul's real support lines up. Be assured of one thing, if it starts to look like Ron Paul has a real chance of getting nominated or is a threat as a 3rd party candidate, he will be running against "anti-war" Gore in the general election (which, of course his handlers would have him flip-flop on once he won).

I was thinking yesterday, what would be the worst thing for Dr. Paul's chances? Clearly, the worst thing would be if Bush announced that effective immediately, he's pulling the troops out of Iraq. It would take all the wind out of his sails. A Gore nomination is the next best thing.

undergroundrr
10-12-2007, 07:09 AM
I also think a large portion of the populace would like an opportunity to participate in a re-do of the 2000 popular vote fiasco.

What this means is that any country club Republican is going to get destroooyyyed.

Paul is the only Republican option that stands a chance against Gore and the suppressed anger about the 2000 election that would be reactivated.

I wonder who could drum up the most Diebold paranoia - Paul supporters or Gore supporters?

Captain Shays
10-12-2007, 08:56 AM
Ron Paul may be the only Republican candidate who stands a chance of beating the Hildabeast and Al Gore if he enters. But I think he stands less of a chance of beating Gore than Hillary.
There are lots of good Democrats out there (if there is such a thing) who really dislike the Hildabeast and might be inclined to vote for Ron Paul instead. But if Gore enters, they would be more inclined to vote for Gore.

Lets just hope he stays out.

Richie
10-12-2007, 09:03 AM
Ron Paul may be the only Republican candidate who stands a chance of beating the Hildabeast and Al Gore if he enters. But I think he stands less of a chance of beating Gore than Hillary.
There are lots of good Democrats out there (if there is such a thing) who really dislike the Hildabeast and might be inclined to vote for Ron Paul instead. But if Gore enters, they would be more inclined to vote for Gore.

Lets just hope he stays out.

The Hildabeast! That's CLASSIC! ROTF!!!

erowe1
10-12-2007, 09:31 AM

No it wouldn't. RP's foreign policy doesn't just come out of thin air because of this one war. RP has a consistent coherent approach to foreign policy that he has always held and that he will continue to apply in any future potential conflicts. Gore, on the other hand, is just another leftist who has used the Iraq war as an opportunity to criticize the current administration, when the truth is that his own foreign policy is just as interventionist as Bush's is. He'll face the same problems that Kerry did in 1996 because of trying to oppose the war without opposing the basic philosophy behind it.

BillyDkid
10-12-2007, 10:29 AM
You know what is really bizarre, virtually everybody, even in his own party, detested Gore when he ran before.

klamath
10-12-2007, 10:48 AM
He might run and it is a HUGE problem for RP. He has stated before that he is against the war. He has a similar position as RP on getting out. This would give our Democrat block another opportunity. I would say 70% chance he doesnt run but I wouldnt doubt that he is spending this week taking calls from bundlers and party donors.

Do a little research on Gore about the war. It is easy for him to say he is against it now.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz0sldWzYnY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iSbAc01vjnw
Why as president of the senate did he allow the senate to pass the Iraqi Liberation Act unanimously?
Don't be fooled.