PDA

View Full Version : How not to behave

TVMH
10-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Rand Paul does a good job with the NH crowd in this one.

The missed opportunity comes at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in8q4rkSShc

McDermit
10-11-2007, 08:53 PM
whoever it was at the end shouldn't have done that... But at the same time, it was funny and that broad was pro-war and not interested in logic anyway.

OptionsTrader
10-11-2007, 08:54 PM
How not to behave

By not telling others how not to behave is a good start. Oh the irony of my post.

NewEnd
10-11-2007, 08:57 PM
By not telling others how not to behave is a good start. Oh the irony of my post.

Whoa... trippy, man!

TVMH
10-11-2007, 08:59 PM
whoever it was at the end shouldn't have done that... But at the same time, it was funny and that broad was pro-war and not interested in logic anyway.

I don't know about being not interested in logic...logically misinformed about energy availability, perhaps, but what these people need to understand is that they would be better off if we weren't over there trying to steal what is not ours and pit nation against nation in the process.

TVMH
10-11-2007, 09:01 PM

I don't get it. :rolleyes:

Triton
10-11-2007, 09:06 PM
That woman at the end wasn't going to be convinced. She came by to teach those poor, misguided young men a lesson in politics and foreign policy.

paulitics
10-11-2007, 09:07 PM
Rand Paul rules.

ctb619
10-11-2007, 09:13 PM
that lady is an idiot....no one was changing her mind

10thAmendmentMan
10-11-2007, 09:15 PM
that lady is an idiot....no one was changing her mind

Might as well get a laugh out of it. :)

EDIT: The argument can be made (rather well, I believe) that the original "mission" has already been accomplished. Saddam isn't in power, and no WMD or WMD programs exist in Iraq.

quickmike
10-11-2007, 09:32 PM
Might as well get a laugh out of it. :)

EDIT: The argument can be made (rather well, I believe) that the original "mission" has already been accomplished. Saddam isn't in power, and no WMD or WMD programs exist in Iraq.

Its slobs like this lady that believe its our countries right to go over to other countries and claim title to their natural resources. I for one say laugh at people like her because theyre not going to change their mind when you put common sense in front of them, so maybe laughing at them and making them look dumb might do the trick. Probably not, but whats the difference? Shes still scared out of her wits that Iranians are going to come here across the ocean in camel skin canoes by the thousands and cut all our heads off.

ctb619
10-11-2007, 09:38 PM
Shes still scared out of her wits that Iranians are going to come here across the ocean in camel skin canoes by the thousands and cut all our heads off.

HAHAHAHA

10thAmendmentMan
10-11-2007, 09:39 PM
Shes still scared out of her wits that Iranians are going to come here across the ocean in camel skin canoes by the thousands and cut all our heads off.

I tip my hat to you, good sir.

Adamsa
10-11-2007, 09:41 PM
Rand Paul rules.

Yeah, he is a great guy.

TVMH
10-11-2007, 09:46 PM
Its slobs like this lady that believe its our countries right to go over to other countries and claim title to their natural resources. I for one say laugh at people like her because theyre not going to change their mind when you put common sense in front of them, so maybe laughing at them and making them look dumb might do the trick. Probably not, but whats the difference? Shes still scared out of her wits that Iranians are going to come here across the ocean in camel skin canoes by the thousands and cut all our heads off.

Or better yet, politely confront her with that very question: "Do you think we are entitled to go to sovereign nations and appropriate their natural resources without a formal declaration of war?"

The point is, we should be trying to get people to think. For many it will be difficult because they are not used to it (Fox News does their thinking for them), but it is a readily achievable goal.

Personally, I think when delivering the message, we should all emulate Dr. Paul; he is a wonderful example.

cjhowe
10-11-2007, 09:47 PM
That woman at the end wasn't going to be convinced. She came by to teach those poor, misguided young men a lesson in politics and foreign policy.

Seriously, we need to take a lesson in sales. You don't sell by talking, you sell by listening. That woman has an objection, that if overcome, would be more open to Ron Paul's message. Ganging up, talking over, waiting for your turn to talk, doesn't win people over. The majority of what she said was simply repeating what she's heard from the main stream media. The majority of the RP supporters were simply repeating what they've heard from the new media. This isn't a gotcha contest. This is hearts and minds.

Duckman
10-11-2007, 09:49 PM
Totally random: I've been wondering... is Rand Paul named after Ayn Rand? Does anyone know for sure?

Adamsa
10-11-2007, 09:53 PM
Yeah, that guy at the end who made fun of her needs to be more respectful. Then again the woman cradling a baby in her arms should think about the consequences in the policies she supports, children like her baby get killed in these pointless wars.

quickmike
10-11-2007, 09:54 PM
Totally random: I've been wondering... is Rand Paul named after Ayn Rand? Does anyone know for sure?

Are you implying Ron was a player back in the day? I think Ayn Rand was a little old for him back then.:D