PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul has been interviewed on Fox over 100 times, stop saying Fox is the enemy!

Howard_Roark
05-18-2010, 08:04 PM
I watch a lot of RP videos on YouTube and it seems like they are all littered with anti-Fox news comments. I don't think people see the irony in saying a network that has had him on over 100 times, is somehow preventing him from success etc.

Fox News is a private company, they choose who they wan't to talk to and they talk to RP constantly. If they didn't like him, then boom no more RP on Fox. Rarely does more than a few days go by without him being on. I know that they weren't that favorable of him during the election, but at a certain point now 100+ interviews people need to stop trashing Fox. I doubt any other congressman has been on more than him and most of his interviews are suprisingly favorable or at least not combative or trying to paint him in a bad light.

Matthew Zak
05-18-2010, 08:06 PM
Fox will stab Rand in the back.

Depressed Liberator
05-18-2010, 08:15 PM
Times before the 2008 election Paul was interview?

Times he will be interviewed come 2012?

spudea
05-18-2010, 08:16 PM
not that favorable? they laughed at him constantly and denied his popularity at every turn, then denied him to a debate, then ran with the baseless newsletter story to paint him as a racist.

the anti-fox comments are completely justified towards a network that claims to be "fair and balanced". If they are fair towards him in the upcoming primary season then we can talk about forgive and forget.

james1906
05-18-2010, 08:19 PM
This wonderful Fox News?

YouTube - Ron Paul Deprecated by Chris Wallace at GOP Debate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHLnP8VuoV4&feature=related)

TCE
05-18-2010, 08:19 PM
Many of us are bitter at Fox for tearing Ron apart in 2008 and for Beck's attack on Medina. Fox Business, on the other hand, is getting interesting.

Cody Willard on Happy Hour - Hardcore Free Marketer.
Judge Napolitano on Freedom Watch - 'Nuff Said.
John Stossel on Stossel - libertarian.

Cavuto is also not as bad as we think he is.

pcosmar
05-18-2010, 08:25 PM
True,,Fox is not THE enemy. Fox is a propaganda arm of the enemy. as are the rest of the MSM.

Propaganda
http://www.sourcewatch.org/index.php?title=Propaganda

Propaganda is a specific type of message presentation, aimed at serving an agenda. Even if the message conveys true information, it may be partisan and fail to paint a complete picture. The book Propaganda And Persuasion defines propaganda as "the deliberate, systematic attempt to shape perceptions, manipulate cognitions, and direct behavior to achieve a response that furthers the desired intent of the propagandist."

Never forget that.

gls
05-18-2010, 08:28 PM
They really screwed us the night before the NH primary -- the culmination of the entire presidential campaign. There is no possible justification for excluding RP from the debate while allowing in candidates that were polling lower than him.

I highly doubt they would have him on as much if he were criticizing President John McCain instead of Obama.

RM918
05-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Wait until 2012.

Thrashertm
05-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Fox only likes Ron Paul and the freedom movement insofar as we are useful tools to criticize the Dems.

fletcher
05-18-2010, 09:05 PM
"Do you take your marching orders from Al Qaeda?"
"Electability... do you have any sir?"

Sorry, when it matters, FOX News attacks. As long as the network is dominated by neocons they will be the enemy.

catdd
05-18-2010, 09:07 PM
You mean this FOX?

YouTube - Fox News tells more lies about Ron Paul (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9yOgLP7Lkw)

speciallyblend
05-18-2010, 09:15 PM
fox news cannot be trusted! they say one thing and do another! fox news needs to earn their credibility back!!! they have along way to go!!

Elwar
05-18-2010, 09:42 PM
Fox is the enemy.

Bman
05-18-2010, 10:23 PM
fox is the enemy.

" "

fj45lvr
05-18-2010, 11:17 PM
They are "manipulators" (media in general and especially fox)....what does it hurt to give ron a "bone"...

When the "chips are down" then you'll see the chameleon's true color.

Why isn't there any actual "debate" anymore? everything is "managed" by these gate-keepers and then there is not "equal time" (there is no "fair and balanced" that is merely a lie).

No1ButPaul08
05-18-2010, 11:20 PM
The same network that kept Ron off a debate 2 days before the most important primary isn't the enemy. OK :rolleyes:

chadhb
05-18-2010, 11:23 PM
I watch a lot of RP videos on YouTube and it seems like they are all littered with anti-Fox news comments. I don't think people see the irony in saying a network that has had him on over 100 times, is somehow preventing him from success etc.

Fox News is a private company, they choose who they wan't to talk to and they talk to RP constantly. If they didn't like him, then boom no more RP on Fox. Rarely does more than a few days go by without him being on. I know that they weren't that favorable of him during the election, but at a certain point now 100+ interviews people need to stop trashing Fox. I doubt any other congressman has been on more than him and most of his interviews are suprisingly favorable or at least not combative or trying to paint him in a bad light.

Seriously have you been living on the moon?

JoshLowry
05-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Howard_Roark (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=22740)

Mini-Me
05-18-2010, 11:26 PM
Howard_Roark (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/member.php?u=22740)

That may very well explain the difference in perspective. I get the feeling Fox's coverage of the 2012 primaries will look a lot like their coverage of the 2008 primaries, unless Paul looks like he might win even in the face of media blackout (since ignoring the candidate who went on to win would destroy the MSM's credibility). Unless that's the case, the newer Ron Paul supporters may be in for a rude awakening regarding the MSM's tactics, especially Fox's...

.Tom
05-18-2010, 11:31 PM
Fuck Fox. They will stab anyone in the back to make a buck. They are statist shills and should not be trusted.

RonPaulwillWin
05-18-2010, 11:41 PM
Coverage has been great this and last year, but nobody will forget the treatment we got from fox and other msm from 12/16/07 to super tuesday (feb 5th 08). And this was when coverage counted the most.

JoshLowry
05-18-2010, 11:49 PM
Coverage has been great this and last year, but nobody will forget the treatment we got from fox and other msm from 05/01/07 to super tuesday (feb 5th 08). And this was when coverage counted the most.

Fixed. It started very early on in the campaign.

RonPaulwillWin
05-19-2010, 12:14 AM
^^ True, I remember that too. But it was after the 16th that we had gained so much momentum, and it was so critical....we thought all that work would get us the bump of the century , but they blacked us out. Remember? That period was super bad, that's when they started the racist attack ads right after the momentum the tea party kicked off on the 16th.

EDIT: Don't go by my join date :)

fatjohn
05-19-2010, 03:15 AM
Fox = The enemy

buffalokid777
05-19-2010, 04:02 AM
This wonderful Fox News?

YouTube - Ron Paul Deprecated by Chris Wallace at GOP Debate (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHLnP8VuoV4&feature=related)

How does that old saying go?

Elephants NEVER forget :)

eok321
05-19-2010, 04:31 AM
Hey OP this is what went on between May 07 and the 1st couple of primarys. This is why none of us trust any of the media outlets

YouTube - Ron Paul - The Smear Campaign (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jZTd9j6_yg)

JohnEngland
05-19-2010, 05:34 AM
Wow, some people here have real collectivist issues. Fox News is a collection of individuals.

"Fox News this..." and "Fox News that...". I thought this was the Ron Paul Forums? How about "Sean Hannity this..." and "Bill O'Reilly that..."?

For instance, that 2008 election debate. That question to Ron was spoken by one individual speaking for himself. Yet for some reason it's "argghghhh! evil fox news!"

I guess it's just culturally popular to bash "Faux News". Afterall, they do in the Simpsons and Family Guy... :rolleyes:

Take it from someone living in England - Fox News is a gem! In Britain, there is NOTHING that represents conservatism or libertarianism of any stripe.

Be grateful for what you have but naturally always try to achieve better - so promote people like Napolitano and Stossel.

speciallyblend
05-19-2010, 06:36 AM
Wow, some people here have real collectivist issues. Fox News is a collection of individuals.

"Fox News this..." and "Fox News that...". I thought this was the Ron Paul Forums? How about "Sean Hannity this..." and "Bill O'Reilly that..."?

For instance, that 2008 election debate. That question to Ron was spoken by one individual speaking for himself. Yet for some reason it's "argghghhh! evil fox news!"

I guess it's just culturally popular to bash "Faux News". Afterall, they do in the Simpsons and Family Guy... :rolleyes:

Take it from someone living in England - Fox News is a gem! In Britain, there is NOTHING that represents conservatism or libertarianism of any stripe.

Be grateful for what you have but naturally always try to achieve better - so promote people like Napolitano and Stossel.

trust me .we know who not to trust at fox news!!! it is a shame that fox deters me from even watching fox!!! in general fox is full of bs like cnn/msnbc!! i judge folks as individuals but as a whole fox news sucks like cnn/msnbc! the credibilty of fox is up to fox itself!! beck/hannity/ have 0 credibility

catdd
05-19-2010, 07:28 AM
FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks FOX news sucks

angelatc
05-19-2010, 07:33 AM

They didn't give him any time to speak during the debates, they shut him out of one of the last debates, and they've openly mocked him more times than we can count. They're lucky Ron still talks to them.

I don't have to.

sratiug
05-19-2010, 08:26 AM

Their orders to bash Ron came from the top. It is not a collection of individuals, it is a corporation.

AGRP
05-19-2010, 08:41 AM
What's more dangerous?

A sheep or a wolf in sheep's clothes?

Your typical republican sheep knows who the cheerleaders are on the left (msnbc, cbs, abc, etc.). That's a given. We need to be concerned with the one on the right that leads these sheep.

Although, it is annoying when a leftist is constantly harping on fox as they obviously ignore the other 100 blatantly leftist stations.

AGRP
05-19-2010, 08:51 AM
I must say, I do enjoy watching these videos the most as far as the media goes.

Watching olbermann, coric, etc is like watching children play. Not really interesting. To see a networt that has built so much credibility suddenly stoop so low when real conservatives (not neocons) pop up is really interesting to watch.

TC95
05-19-2010, 09:09 AM
Fox News is the enemy, as is the rest of the MSM. I don't care how many times they have him on, if he announces a 2012 run, they will turn on him.

Behind The Big News: Propaganda and the CFR (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6632255652046262625#)

OUTFOXED : Rupert Murdoch's War on Journalism (http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=6737097743434902428#)

Imaginos
05-19-2010, 09:17 AM
Fox only likes Ron Paul and the freedom movement insofar as we are useful tools to criticize the Dems.
You nailed it.
Fox news is the enemy.
Unless you enjoy getting stabbed in the back, you should not trust Fox.

Theocrat
05-19-2010, 09:21 AM
I would say FOX Business Network likes Congressman Paul, but the regular FOX News network (aside from Judge Napolitano and Stossel) doesn't like him one bit. He makes them look like asses. :D

Imaginos
05-19-2010, 09:56 AM
What's more dangerous?
A sheep or a wolf in sheep's clothes?
Your typical republican sheep knows who the cheerleaders are on the left (msnbc, cbs, abc, etc.). That's a given. We need to be concerned with the one on the right that leads these sheep.

+1

Golding
05-19-2010, 10:05 AM
FOXNews is not specifically the enemy. It is simply an appendage of the enemy.