PDA

View Full Version : Is glen Beck a preacher now?

Don't Tread on Mike
05-18-2010, 03:14 PM
I am listening to this in the background, all i hear is "god" every 10 seconds. Can we just put beck on one of the christian channels and replace this with a Rand Paul countdown or something. Chris Matthews is all over these elections and Beck is in Lala land.

Kludge
05-18-2010, 03:15 PM
Glenn Beck's "The Plan" was actually given to him by God Himself. Glenn Beck is God's Voice.

Jon Stewart had a fantastic episode wherin he suggested we refer to Mr. Beck as Glod.

I also suggest you meditate on "God Bless Glenn Beck" -- that clearly isn't coincidence.

Epic
05-18-2010, 03:19 PM
His new book actually seems good, I'll probably read it

http://www.amazon.com/Overton-Window-Glenn-Beck/dp/1439184305

BlackTerrel
05-18-2010, 03:40 PM
I am listening to this in the background, all i hear is "god" every 10 seconds. Can we just put beck on one of the christian channels and replace this with a Rand Paul countdown or something. Chris Matthews is all over these elections and Beck is in Lala land.

I don't necessarily like Beck but why is that a problem? You don't like him don't listen. 80% of Americans are Christian.

fedup100
05-18-2010, 03:42 PM
No he is still a rodeo clown and none of us elected that bastard to brainwash the masses.

EN81
05-18-2010, 03:47 PM
The atheist and Objectivist Yaron Brook of the Ayn Rand Institute used to be a regular on the Glenn Beck Program. About 4 months ago, he suddenly stopped being invited. Glenn Beck is probably positioning himself to appeal 100 % to Christians now.

emazur
05-18-2010, 03:59 PM
The atheist and Objectivist Yaron Brook of the Ayn Rand Institute used to be a regular on the Glenn Beck Program. About 4 months ago, he suddenly stopped being invited. Glenn Beck is probably positioning himself to appeal 100 % to Christians now.

Towards the end of last summer (during the Van Jones crusade) the show made the transition from "guy exploring libertarian ideas with many libertarian guests every show" to "Beck's 1 hour monologue, with 1 or 2 guests if you're lucky". That's when I pretty much stopped watching. He does some interesting things now and again and I tune in to the rebroadcast if I hear he's doing something good for the day (such as recent attacks on Club of Rome member Maurice Strong), but otherwise I don't find Beck's personality alone to be compelling enough reason to watch. The show rocks when Judge Nap fills in - lightning fast w/ lots of libertarian guests, and of course the Judge is a great personality. If Beck went back to that model I'd start watching again.

Southron
05-18-2010, 04:10 PM

What is most disturbing to me is that so many Christians are rallying around him.

This guy is a Mormon and not a Christian. His theology should be taken with a grain of salt by Christians.

NewFederalist
05-18-2010, 04:17 PM
This guy is a Mormon and not a Christian. His theology should be taken with a grain of salt by Christians.

Oh,oh... I feel a Jihad coming on!