PDA

View Full Version : Can we be humble winners?

Agorism
05-18-2010, 02:35 PM
Since intrade is at 95%, let's assume Rand wins...

hxxp://barefootandprogressive.blogspot.com/2010/05/party-unity-after-senate-primaries.html

PPP has some interesting numbers in the Senate race on the Republican side, as Trey Grayson voters do not like Rand Paul.

53% of likely Grayson voters for today have an unfavorable opinion of Paul to only 23% with a positive opinion of him. More importantly though just 40% of Grayson voters say they'll support Paul in the general election if he wins the Republican nomination with 43% explicitly saying they will not.
These numbers will obviously change a good deal by the time November comes around, but they are still pretty dramatic and show that there's a very large rift to heal.

Democrats (whoever wins tonight) will have this problem too, of course. Though I'd venture to guess that it won't be as much of a problem. Whereas the Conway and Mongiardo campaigns have had a bloody battle and don't like each other, I really don't see the same animosity among supporters of each side (meaning Conway fans hating Mongiardo fans, and vice versa). This is not the case on the other side, as the pure disgust that Paulbots and Grayson fans have for each other is unavoidable. It's hard enough to back a candidate that you're not fond of and said mean things about your candidate, but when you despise even the supporters of that candidate, it can be rough to swallow your pride and join them.

Especially if they are gloating and touchdown dancing on your face, as the Paulbots will surely do to Grayson supporters.

Maybe not but the campaign will have to try.

Paulitical Correctness
05-18-2010, 02:38 PM
Yeah be nice to Grayson's supporter(s?)

Kludge
05-18-2010, 02:39 PM
Bad blood is bad.

orenbus
05-18-2010, 02:40 PM
I dunno I like the idea of saying "oooooooh in the face, in the face!!!!!!@@!$!"

Cowlesy
05-18-2010, 02:45 PM
1.) BF&P hates Rand Paul and Rand Paul supporters.

2.) Contrary to what that guy thinks, the vast majority of authentic Rand supporters immediately went into outreach mode to Bill Johnson's supporters when he dropped out, and I reckon they will do the same to Grayson's supporters.

Being a Rand Paul supporter is fun. We enjoy bringing more people in. Part of campaigning for our candidates is that it is a good time, and inclusive group.

P.S. Don't give that guy hits.

TruthisTreason
05-18-2010, 02:47 PM
1.) bf&p hates rand paul and rand paul supporters.

2.) contrary to what that guy thinks, the vast majority of authentic rand supporters immediately went into outreach mode to bill johnson's supporters when he dropped out, and i reckon they will do the same to grayson's supporters.

Being a rand paul supporter is fun. We enjoy bringing more people in. Part of campaigning for our candidates is that it is a good time, and inclusive group.

p.s. Don't give that guy hits.

+1776 !!!!!

DeadheadForPaul
05-18-2010, 02:50 PM
BF&P is a snake

Don't give this guy hits like you guys give Mommy hits!

Hits/views/attention cause news programs to interview these bloggers

He gave Rand a loaded question on ADA and filmed it so that he could paint Rand as wanting handicapped people to be jobless

devil21
05-18-2010, 02:50 PM
Be nice to Grayson's supporters. The GOP itself, however, is fair game imho. They could have gotten behind Rand early on when it became pretty clear that Rand was going to win this primary. But no, they chose to do nothing but mud sling and hurt Rand's numbers with general election voters. The GOP establishment doesn't deserve any leeway.

JoshLowry
05-18-2010, 02:51 PM
We will definitely celebrate.

Especially if they are gloating and touchdown dancing on your face, as the Paulbots will surely do to Grayson supporters.

That won't happen towards Grayson supporters. On this forum, they are welcome to join our campaign for small constitutional government.

The Grayson supporters are not the ones who lied about Rand. It was Grayson and his campaign that were the bad guys.

Brett
05-18-2010, 02:51 PM
Grayson should come out afterwards with a message explaining all his lies to remove any dirt from Rand's image.

BenIsForRon
05-18-2010, 02:57 PM
If you're talking about just this forum, then no, we aren't going to be humble. No need to. Do you actually think Trey Grayson had grassroots support? AIG lobbyisits /= grassroots. We don't have to worry about offending anyone on this forum. Well... on this issue I mean.

RM918
05-18-2010, 02:59 PM
I try to make it a point not to be a douchebag to the people who love being douchebags to us, unless it's made perfectly clear that not even civil conversation can sway their douchebaggery.

RonPaulFanInGA
05-18-2010, 02:59 PM
Screw this. I want to laugh at Graas on her own blog and send a profanity-laced e-mail to Kentucky Right to Life mocking them for their failed Grayson choice.

(Kidding)

JoshLowry
05-18-2010, 03:00 PM
If you're talking about just this forum, then no, we aren't going to be humble. No need to. Do you actually think Trey Grayson had grassroots support? AIG lobbyisits /= grassroots. We don't have to worry about offending anyone on this forum. Well... on this issue I mean.

If members are going to be douchebags to a misinformed voter in KY then they will be banned.

Many lies were spread about Rand over the last few months.

Kevin_Kennedy
05-18-2010, 03:17 PM
Grayson should come out afterwards with a message explaining all his lies to remove any dirt from Rand's image.

I'm guessing he'll speak at the unity rally about how they may have a different opinion on some issues, but he'll proudly support Dr. Paul in the general election, etc... etc...

Promontorium
05-18-2010, 03:20 PM
Even now that jerk is making headline news, lying, trashing Paul, and accusing us of conspiring to harass voters. I can't publish what I think Trey deserves.

specsaregood
05-18-2010, 03:28 PM
I'm guessing he'll speak at the unity rally about how they may have a different opinion on some issues, but he'll proudly support Dr. Paul in the general election, etc... etc...

Either that or he'll officially announce that he is reverting back to the Democrat party where he belongs.

sirgonzo420
05-18-2010, 03:30 PM
Don't be assholes, guys - the primary is NOT final, and even if Paul does win, he still has to win the general election.

Celebrate if we win, but don't be assholes.

John Taylor
05-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Don't be assholes, guys - the primary is NOT final, and even if Paul does win, he still has to win the general election.

Celebrate if we win, but don't be assholes.

Henry Clay said, it may well be better to be right than President. We may well be right, Rand may be right, but we need to convince Grayson's voters and the general voting population that we are right, and that Rand deserves a shot.

rancher89
05-18-2010, 05:33 PM
I try to make it a point not to be a douchebag to the people who love being douchebags to us, unless it's made perfectly clear that not even civil conversation can sway their douchebaggery.

We need to remain civil, no matter what "douchebaggery" comes our way...no matter what the race, no matter who the candiate is, no matter who wins.

This does not mean that we can't celebrate our @sses off.......:)

Allan Bartlett
05-18-2010, 05:34 PM
....how are those internal poll numbers holding up bro??? :D

specsaregood
05-18-2010, 05:39 PM
....how are those internal poll numbers holding up bro??? :D

I think, they overestimated their GOTV and underestimated ours.
Either that, or you can just add it to the long list of lies he tried to sell.

low preference guy
05-18-2010, 05:41 PM
FFFFUUUUCCCKKKK HUMILITY!!!!!!

WE WON MOTHERFUCKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

aa

georgia_tech_swagger
05-18-2010, 06:32 PM
If Trey ran a clean campaign? Yes.

But he didn't. So no.

As far as I'm concerned, @KYTrey stands for the KY he's been looking for as he's been sodomized all night long.