PDA

View Full Version : Hostettler??

itshappening
05-18-2010, 12:21 PM
will he run for congress in Indiana again?

-
Eight-term Indiana Rep. Mark Souder announced his resignation Tuesday after admitting to an affair with a female aide who worked in his district office.

Souder, a Republican, will will step down on Friday. He said in remarks obtained by Fox News that he “sinned against God, my wife and my family by having a mutual relationship with a part-time member of my staff.”

erowe1
05-18-2010, 12:24 PM
Souder is in a different district than Hostettler. In fact, Marlin Stutzman, the faux conservative who ran against Hostettler for Senate when they both lost to Coats, lives in Souder's district, and he seems to be an early favorite for replacing Souder, although I haven't bothered reading up on how that replacement process works.

I don't think Hostettler is interested in running for anything again. But who knows if something might happen that would compel him to in the future.

TCE
05-18-2010, 12:26 PM
Can't he run for his old seat now that Ellsworth vacated to run for Senate? That would be awesome, he would win in a landslide. Anyone know?

erowe1
05-18-2010, 12:32 PM
Can't he run for his old seat now that Ellsworth vacated to run for Senate? That would be awesome, he would win in a landslide. Anyone know?

No. Ellsworth is still there until this term ends. And the election in November will feature the Republican and Democrat candidates for that seat who were chosen in the May 4 primary.

itshappening
05-18-2010, 12:36 PM
The Stutzman character is a Teo-con fraud

someone needs to ask John if he will run for Senate in 2012 and he should connect with the CFL and build a network of donors

JosephTheLibertarian
05-18-2010, 12:37 PM
Hostettler? Is that a webhosting company? :/

TCE
05-18-2010, 02:51 PM
No. Ellsworth is still there until this term ends. And the election in November will feature the Republican and Democrat candidates for that seat who were chosen in the May 4 primary.

Right...I had forgotten about that. Any chance he can file as an Independent?

jmdrake
05-18-2010, 02:55 PM

Did I miss something? Has Hostettler ended his senate campaign? :confused:

No1ButPaul08
05-18-2010, 04:49 PM
Did I miss something? Has Hostettler ended his senate campaign? :confused:

Yes, he lost the primary May 4th. Erowe is right, Stutzman is the likely candidate to replace Souder. Stutzman is a State Senator in the same district.

No1ButPaul08
05-18-2010, 04:50 PM
The sad thing about all this is it didn't come out before the primary. If it had, Bob Thomas would have been the candidate, and he is much better than Stutzman.

Imperial
05-18-2010, 07:11 PM
Souder is in a different district than Hostettler. In fact, Marlin Stutzman, the faux conservative who ran against Hostettler for Senate when they both lost to Coats, lives in Souder's district, and he seems to be an early favorite for replacing Souder, although I haven't bothered reading up on how that replacement process works.

I don't think Hostettler is interested in running for anything again. But who knows if something might happen that would compel him to in the future.

All of the committee precintmen and county chairmen will get together and pick the replacement. It is between Stutzman, Souder's primary opponent and businessman Bob Thomas, and former Congressman Chris Chocola? .