PDA

View Full Version : Open letter to RP Faithful from Allen Wastler CNBC.com

DianeDL
10-11-2007, 06:39 PM
"53 minutes ago
An Open Letter to the Ron Paul Faithful
Topics:Economy (U.S.) | Economy (Global) | Economics | Politics & Government | White House
Editor's Note:

Dear folks,

You guys are good. Real good. You are truly a force on World Wide Web and I tip my hat to you.

That's based on my first hand experience of your work regarding our CNBC Republican candidate debate. After the debate, we put up a poll on our Web site asking who readers thought won the debate. You guys flooded it.

Now these Internet polls are admittedly unscientific and subject to hacking. In the end, they are really just a way to engage the reader and take a quick temperature reading of your audience. Nothing more and nothing less. The cyber equivalent of asking the room for a show of hands on a certain question.

So there was our after-debate poll. The numbers grew ... 7,000-plus votes after a couple of hours ... and Ron Paul was at 75%.

Now Paul is a fine gentleman with some substantial backing and, by the way, was a dynamic presence throughout the debate , but I haven't seen him pull those kind of numbers in any "legit" poll. Our poll was either hacked or the target of a campaign. So we took the poll down.

The next day, our email basked was flooded with Ron Paul support messages. And the computer logs showed the poll had been hit with traffic from Ron Paul chat sites. I learned other Internet polls that night had been hit in similar fashion. Congratulations. You folks are obviously well-organized and feel strongly about your candidate and I can't help but admire that.

But you also ruined the purpose of the poll. It was no longer an honest "show of hands" -- it suddenly was a platform for beating the Ron Paul drum. That certainly wasn't our intention and certainly doesn't serve our readers ... at least those who aren't already in the Ron Paul camp.

Some of you Ron Paul fans take issue with my decision to take the poll down. Fine. When a well-organized and committed "few" can throw the results of a system meant to reflect the sentiments of "the many," I get a little worried. I'd take it down again.

Sincerely,

Allen Wastler
Managing Editor, CNBC.com "

I just read this and do not like the idea that my real vote on that poll meant nothing now. What can we do? This is not the first time I've seen this point made. I think that the "tin hats" perception could be a problem. November 08 will tell all but an article like this is not good I do know that.

goRPaul
10-11-2007, 08:17 PM
He spoke to us directly as a group. I don't know if that's good or bad, but at least someone out there understands our power.

What he doesn't understand is that we're motivated behind core beliefs. No other candidate offers core beliefs, principles, integrity, honesty, or anything like that. I wish someone would admit this.

LeFou
10-12-2007, 08:13 AM
If you get a chance, please digg my reply

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/An_Open_Letter_to_Allen_Wastler_2/blog

I would like very much for one of these people who accuses us of spamming to have to back it up with something.

Alternatively, they could of course try to demonstrate why an election is more like a Gallup poll than a straw poll...

Richard in Austin
10-12-2007, 10:12 AM
Allen Wastler:

I'm not buying your garbage. We Ron Paul supporters are way more numerous and way more dedicated than you'd like to admit.

But it seems you have your head stuck in a dark place.

Your attempts to marginalize Ron Paul are obvious, and now a matter of public record. CNBC stinks, frankly.

Have a nice day.

Me.

angelatc
10-12-2007, 10:13 AM
I'm writing pen and ink letters to his bosses.

Richard in Austin
10-12-2007, 03:22 PM
GUYS! Check it out, they've changed their tune!

http://www.cnbc.com/id/21270546

DianeDL
10-13-2007, 10:42 AM

Thanks...I like that we can be a voice (even a small voice is good), and even when someone else is doing the talking. His reply lets people know that the RP voice is real, even online, and should not be discounted even when thier "poll" does not reflect what they would like to see. Now we march on and show him that RP can become our President!

redpillguy
10-13-2007, 11:19 AM

Paul's views..are plainly out of step with the mainstream sentiment of the party he is running in.

And why should he represent the views of the party and not the people?
The mass media is continually feeding the Left vs. Right sham:

http://rabbit-hole-journey.blogspot.com/2007/09/left-vs-right-illusion.html

The mass media is not only part of the problem. They are the problem. This is because they are owned by 6 corporations. If you google the board of directors of these 6 corporations, certain names will appear over and over again. Many of them are members of the Council on Foreign Relations, a group that is afraid of a Ron Paul presidency. A group that is the front of the real power elite, the wizards behind the curtain.

So to try and engage the MSM, or to get them to do real coverage of RP, is a waste of time.

Hook
10-15-2007, 05:36 PM
So what does DL stand for?

DianeDL
10-16-2007, 10:29 AM
Why?...but...my name...Diane D. Lane

Hook
10-16-2007, 11:35 AM
Why?...but...my name...Diane D. Lane

I just knew a Diane with initials of D.L. Not the same one though. :D

jacmicwag
10-16-2007, 12:31 PM
Guys like this didn't believe the US hockey team could beat Russia in 1980, that the Jets could win the Super Bowl, or that the Colorado Rockies would ever go to the World Series.

He is an anti-dreamer. But dreams come true.