PDA

View Full Version : [AUDIO] ~ Me on national radio today discussing the AZ law...

Reason
05-17-2010, 07:32 PM
I am on from 12:00-18:02

Your thoughts?

Download Clip Of The Show Here
http://media.blubrry.com/rogerhedgecock/www.podtrac.com/pts/redirect.mp3/feeds.radioamerica.org/loudwater/rhs/000002174_000_000000011.mp3

Anti Federalist
05-17-2010, 08:01 PM
1200 to 1802 - that's six hours, too much Roger Hedgecock for me.

What segment are you in?

Reason
05-17-2010, 08:03 PM
1200 to 1802 - that's six hours, too much Roger Hedgecock for me.

What segment are you in?

The 12:00 to 18:02 is the 6 minutes I was on during the duration of the downloadable clip. :)

brandon
05-17-2010, 08:26 PM
good for you for calling in to a show. I've never had the balls to call into a radio show because I know how the hosts like to monopolize the conversation.

I think you did okay. You were well spoken. There were a lot of other things I would have said, but that's in hindsight and I know it's hard to always find the right answer when the pressure is on.

Anti Federalist
05-17-2010, 08:29 PM
The 12:00 to 18:02 is the 6 minutes I was on during the duration of the downloadable clip. :)

I found you, the "conservative libertarian".

You did well, I've called into a number of shows over the years and it's not as easy at it might sound.

Reason
05-17-2010, 08:33 PM
I found you, the "conservative libertarian".

You did well, I've called into a number of shows over the years and it's not as easy at it might sound.

lol Yeah, I got really nervous when they told me to "be ready" before he picked up the line.

It's hard to hear him over the phone and it's hard to know when to try and talk.

I also haven't completely made up my mind on the issue of the AZ law now that it's been revised.

I still think welfare reform and e-verify would be more effective... but I do see his point about the contact with actual criminals that are also here illegally.

dannno
05-18-2010, 12:27 AM
Ya I think u did pretty good.. I haven't decided about the new language either, somebody who is against it will need to show me what is bad about the new language because the old language i had a problem with seems to be gone.. but it was good that you got it in their head that welfare reform would be a better fix (not a big fan of e verify myslf)

Reason
05-18-2010, 10:54 AM
//

Reason
05-20-2010, 01:09 PM
(not a big fan of e verify myself)

I don't love the idea of a massive federal database that decides if you get to work or not either but it doesn't seem like there are many effective libertarian friendly ideas when it comes to dealing with illegal immigration. :o

dannno
05-20-2010, 01:19 PM
I don't love the idea of a massive federal database that decides if you get to work or not either but it doesn't seem like there are many effective libertarian friendly ideas when it comes to dealing with illegal immigration. :o

Increasing legal immigration and getting rid of the welfare state are both pretty good.

Apparently it's nearly impossible to become a citizen unless you have family here already... yet we had this huge demand for cheap agricultural laborers, cleaning and landscape services, etc here in california.. if they had increased legal immigration then there wouldn't be as many illegal aliens because they wouldn't have had as many job opportunities.. and they might be here legally already.