PDA

View Full Version : RP on Republican Primary State Ballots

kahless
10-11-2007, 06:37 PM
Is RP going to be on the Republican primary ballot for every state or does the campaign need to organize petitions in each state to get his name listed on the ballot?

I was suprised to come across this petition to get him on the ballot for NY since I assumed he would already be on it.
http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/new-york-state-residents-in-support-of-ron-paul-for-president-2008

Questions:

1. Is this petition really necessary?

2. If it is needed how many signatures are needed?

3. Is this the only petition for NY?

4. Aside fromr the online petition are signatures going to be collected offline. If so how should they be submitted and to whom?

thx

TechnoGuyRob
10-11-2007, 06:44 PM
Yes, we need to work to get him on it. We need a minimum of 3,000 and a maximum of 5,000 petitions, from registered voters (any party).

If we don't get these petitions, you can bet your ass Ron Paul will not be on the ballot.

kahless
10-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Yes, we need to work to get him on it. We need a minimum of 3,000 and a maximum of 5,000 petitions, from registered voters (any party).

If we don't get these petitions, you can bet your ass Ron Paul will not be on the ballot.

Here in NY to change your party affiliation to Repubican is October 12. Since the primary is 2/12/08 I am assuming the deadline for the petitions cannot be too far off.

I hear allot of complaints about the media coverage here and rightfully so. But it seems getting him on the ballot should be high topic of discussion for every state considering if the man cannot get on the ballots we can forget about any showing in the primary. Not to mention making all that fund raising worthless.

bbachtung
10-11-2007, 09:54 PM
No one needs to be gathering signatures to get RP on the NY ballot (yet). RP's campaign is filing to be an officially recognized candidate as early as legally possible (October 15); if he is denied that status, then we'd need to gather signatures.

For now, spend your energy going to see RP at his NYC appearances this weekend.