PDA

View Full Version : A friend of mine who just returned from the west coast said....

RonPaulFever
10-11-2007, 06:23 PM
"...in Nevada and Arizona, Ron Paul is EVERYWHERE!"

:D

Sematary
10-11-2007, 06:24 PM
"...in Nevada and Arizona, Ron Paul is EVERYWHERE!"

:D

Awesome!

Jordan
10-11-2007, 06:31 PM
Thats spectacular.

If he can get into the western states and steal some Dem votes, thats an early win for the real election.

ghemminger
10-11-2007, 06:32 PM
AZ had a fricken INDUSTRIAL production line or something......

goldstandard
10-11-2007, 06:32 PM
Holy smokes!

NoxTwilight
10-11-2007, 06:36 PM
We FINALLY have a meet up for our area in Northern Ca and I am collecting tips and ideas to present at our first meeting next week. So far only 4 of us but the organizer has put a letter into the local paper and I have posted it on all the forums that I belong to. Might have to go on Facebook too if we don't get enough people.

There are a ton of Republicans but many Dems too (I was one of them) so hopefully we can convert some. Too late now for the primary so I think right now we will concentrate on the Republican vote and then go for the Dems once Ron has the nomination. Should be much easier then :)

Falseflagop
10-11-2007, 06:39 PM
signs it all started in ARIZONA!

Alabama Supporter
10-11-2007, 06:45 PM
I noticed a guy on Sunday putting up a RP sign on the drive from Yosemite to San Fran. Very random, but cool!

Also a shout out to the homey with a bumper sticker in his San Francisco window.

Johnnybags
10-11-2007, 06:47 PM
John "Amnesty" McCain who bankrupted thier state? LOL.

PrimarilyPaul
10-11-2007, 06:47 PM
I hope they're registered Republicans because Nevada and Arizona are both closed primary states. Nevada is especially important because it has an early primary.

LibertyEagle
10-11-2007, 06:48 PM
Guys, don't get mad at me for saying this, but the fact that some of us have plastered every square inch of a state, does not mean we have gained votes. Signs don't vote; people do. My point is, let's make sure we aren't hurting ourselves by making residents angry at us and our candidate, because we get too carried away with plastering signs every 5 feet. And yes, I have heard from some friends that we have done just that in some areas of Arizona.

Perry
10-11-2007, 06:49 PM
signs it all started in ARIZONA!

Lots of retirees living in that state. Ironic eh?

JoshLowry
10-11-2007, 06:50 PM
We FINALLY have a meet up for our area in Northern Ca and I am collecting tips and ideas to present at our first meeting next week. So far only 4 of us but the organizer has put a letter into the local paper and I have posted it on all the forums that I belong to. Might have to go on Facebook too if we don't get enough people.

There are a ton of Republicans but many Dems too (I was one of them) so hopefully we can convert some. Too late now for the primary so I think right now we will concentrate on the Republican vote and then go for the Dems once Ron has the nomination. Should be much easier then :)

Four people can do as much damage as 200 if they are committed. ;)

txgirl
10-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Guys, don't get mad at me for saying this, but the fact that some of us have plastered every square inch of a state, does not mean we have gained votes. Signs don't vote; people do. My point is, let's make sure we aren't hurting ourselves by making residents angry at us and our candidate, because we get too carried away with plastering signs every 5 feet. And yes, I have heard from some friends that we have done just that in some areas of Arizona.

I think you have a point... No one likes to feel like something is being "crammed" down their throat, but we do need to do something.

Sometimes visuals are more effective.

What suggestions might you have for someone interested in providing visuals to a community that has shown proof of none. Of course, in regards to Dr. Paul?

Ibgamer
10-11-2007, 07:02 PM
Ya I guess this past weekend they plastered the Arizona/California border with ROn Paul Signs. Pretty big meet up

Eli
10-11-2007, 07:05 PM
i've never been a big fan of tea, i like my revolution with signs!

Akus
10-11-2007, 07:06 PM
I didn't know NV and AZ were west coast.

sylvania
10-11-2007, 07:10 PM
First, great job in steping up to the plate and getting your meetup going. My father-in-law is in Fairfield, so I'll talk to him and see if he'd be interested.

But, I have a question...

Wait, I don't get it. Why is it too late for California? You can reregister as late as 15 days before the primary and the primary is February 5, 2008. The deadline to change is January 21, 2008.

See schedule here (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/primary-and-caucus-information/).

DJ RP
10-11-2007, 07:11 PM
I think you have a point... No one likes to feel like something is being "crammed" down their throat, but we do need to do something.

Sometimes visuals are more effective.

What suggestions might you have for someone interested in providing visuals to a community that has shown proof of none. Of course, in regards to Dr. Paul?

The other argument is that mob mentality is more likely to vote and look into a candidate if they feel that the majority are supporting them. If they see signs EVERYWHERE then it is human instinct to feel like that tribe is going to win.

DahuiHeeNalu
10-11-2007, 07:12 PM
There all around NC to good news!!

LibertyEagle
10-11-2007, 07:13 PM
The other argument is that mob mentality is more likely to vote and look into a candidate if they feel that the majority are supporting them. If they see signs EVERYWHERE then it is human instinct to feel like that tribe is going to win.

We need a lot of signs, I agree. We just need to be tasteful is all and also try not to OVER saturate an area; nor vandalize private property. In most places, we don't have that problem at all. But, in a select few, we apparently do.

FluffyUnbound
10-11-2007, 07:17 PM

If people actually didn't vote for the candidate being pushed down their throat, they wouldn't vote for Giuliani, Thompson or Romney.

Let's keep some perspective. A few people might be getting "carried away" with signs, but that's really a tiny whisper compared to the 24/7 shouting in your face to favor the mainstream candidates that the MSM does.

The same people who will claim that Paul supporters are too aggressive because they cheer for 10 seconds at a debate or put up a sign will sit and listen to Chris Matthews and his crew talk about Fred Thompson's body language for twenty minutes. Who's being pushy here? Us or them?

LibertyEagle
10-11-2007, 07:18 PM
Who's being pushy here? Us or them?

In some cases, the answer is BOTH.

Let's keep some perspective. A few people might be getting "carried away" with signs, but that's really a tiny whisper compared to the 24/7 shouting in your face to favor the mainstream candidates that the MSM does.

Yes, but the MSM are not the ones you are impacting if you douse a town with signs every 5 feet. You are impacting the residents of the town.

txgirl
10-11-2007, 07:19 PM

Yes. This is true as well.

I suppose the best thing to do is what you feel is right.

EvilTwinkie
10-11-2007, 07:25 PM
I have seen next to no political signs/buttons/bumperstickers whatsoever other than my own until about a month ago here in Los Angeles.

To date I have seen (other than my own stuff)
1 Obama bumper sticker
1 Ron Paul Bumper sticker
A week ago I saw a Ron Paul President 2008 on the Southbound entrance to the 101 at ventura.
Last night in culver city I saw an SUV with its back window painted that said Ron Paul 2008

No Hillary, no Giuliani, nothing else.

I dont get into the San Fernando valley much, but Ive had many more people tell me hes everywhere out there.

aksmith
10-11-2007, 08:13 PM

Let me know where people are being bothered by the signs. I think our new strategy should be to target these areas with a million Rudy and Mitt Revolution signs.

Karsten
10-11-2007, 08:15 PM
youtube, anyone????

FreedomLover
10-11-2007, 08:39 PM
Well, he pulled 5% in a recent Arizona poll, so the guys and gals down there are doing some good.

NoxTwilight
10-11-2007, 09:01 PM
First, great job in steping up to the plate and getting your meetup going. My father-in-law is in Fairfield, so I'll talk to him and see if he'd be interested.

But, I have a question...

Wait, I don't get it. Why is it too late for California? You can reregister as late as 15 days before the primary and the primary is February 5, 2008. The deadline to change is January 21, 2008.

See schedule here (http://www.ronpaul2008.com/primary-and-caucus-information/).

Awesome, that would be great! The next closest group for him would be in Sacramento or the East Bay and if that's too far for me I am sure it is for him.

Thanks for the link, I thought that Ca registration deadline for primary was closed already. Not a lot of time but still, plenty to convert a few more Dems :) Thanks for setting me straight!

RonPaulFever
10-11-2007, 09:07 PM
I didn't know NV and AZ were west coast.

But you are aware that one can travel THROUGH those states to get to the west coast, right?

:rolleyes:

hummtide
10-11-2007, 09:10 PM
You should see my hometown of Mobile, Alabama.. my god.. every time I go there every other week, its like every corner you turn on, RON PAUL signs greet ya.

Akus
10-11-2007, 09:18 PM
I have seen next to no political signs/buttons/bumperstickers whatsoever other than my own until about a month ago here in Los Angeles.

To date I have seen (other than my own stuff)
1 Obama bumper sticker
1 Ron Paul Bumper sticker
A week ago I saw a Ron Paul President 2008 on the Southbound entrance to the 101 at ventura.
Last night in culver city I saw an SUV with its back window painted that said Ron Paul 2008

No Hillary, no Giuliani, nothing else.

I dont get into the San Fernando valley much, but Ive had many more people tell me hes everywhere out there.

Dallas Texas here

1 Fred Thompson
1 Obama
1 Huckabee
1 Ron Paul (other then me, obviously)

4 Bush/Cheney 2004 :o

Cunningham
10-11-2007, 10:14 PM
I've got a friend who lives in Phoenix. She said most of the signs there are people putting them up in there own yards. Her neighborhood is full of Ron Paul signs.

jacmicwag
10-12-2007, 12:04 AM
We've got at least 4 yard signs up in Oak Forest subdivision in NW Houston. We do a sign wave at N. Main Street and I-45 every Friday afternoon during rush hour. Lots of waves, horns, and thumbs up as cars crawl by. Last week a guy pulled off and handed me a $25 check for Ron Paul. He said he was a lifetime Democrat but Ron was the only person he would vote for this time around. Progress?

Matt Collins
10-12-2007, 12:33 AM
Guys, don't get mad at me for saying this, but the fact that some of us have plastered every square inch of a state, does not mean we have gained votes. Signs don't vote; people do. My point is, let's make sure we aren't hurting ourselves by making residents angry at us and our candidate, because we get too carried away with plastering signs every 5 feet. And yes, I have heard from some friends that we have done just that in some areas of Arizona.No, you are wrong (assuming we don't trespass or destroy property). It's all about name recognition.

See this post:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?p=264972#post264972

john_anderson_ii
10-12-2007, 12:53 AM
I live in Phoenix, and we try to do it as big as possible down here. I see tons of Ron Paul bumper stickers.....I probably handed out a few of them. I work in a company where I have direct contact with about 35 coworkers. Guess how many of us are going to be late the morning of the primaries? Guess how many of them are now sporting Ron Paul bumper stickers? I have two vehicles, a big SUV and a mid-sized station wagon. Both are Ron Paul mobile billboards.

I like to think the secret to our efforts is our meet up. We have an awesome, motivated, and completely fearless organizer. Ed quit his job to do Ron Paul grassroots 100% of the time. I swear, he's working for a Paul presidency 28 hours a day. I think he really just informs us of events, and keeps us as motivated as possible. He doesn't tell us what to do or how to do it, we kind of figure that out ourselves. He does keep up going rather effectively though.

Here's what I've learned from the Phoenix campaign:

1.) Never take no for an answer. A couple of members was walking back and forth on the pedestrian walkway of a freeway overpass with a huge Ron Paul banner. The police showed up and said they couldn't be there, on the sidewalk, walking, because they were disrupting traffic. The supporter questioned this, and when the shift sergeant was called, the police found out that they could do nothing because walking on a sidewalk was perfectly legal no matter what you happened to be carrying.

2.) If it's cool, and it brings attention to the cause, don't ask...just do it!

3.) Don't be afraid to be loud and boisterous. You want to draw a crowd.

4.) The grassroots "revolution" is in no way affiliated with the campaign. If you can put a sign on a cop car, and get away with it, do it! Unless you have a personal aversion to it...then don't.

5.) The message of personal freedom, prosperity, and liberty always wins an argument, so don't be afraid to very publicly go toe to toe with a denouncer. You won't convince the denouncer, but who cares!? You'll convince everyone else within earshot that the denouncer is an idiot.

Thomas_Paine
10-12-2007, 01:03 AM
I live in Phoenix, and we try to do it as big as possible down here. I see tons of Ron Paul bumper stickers.....I probably handed out a few of them. I work in a company where I have direct contact with about 35 coworkers. Guess how many of us are going to be late the morning of the primaries? Guess how many of them are now sporting Ron Paul bumper stickers? I have two vehicles, a big SUV and a mid-sized station wagon. Both are Ron Paul mobile billboards.

I like to think the secret to our efforts is our meet up. We have an awesome, motivated, and completely fearless organizer. Ed quit his job to do Ron Paul grassroots 100% of the time. I swear, he's working for a Paul presidency 28 hours a day. I think he really just informs us of events, and keeps us as motivated as possible. He doesn't tell us what to do or how to do it, we kind of figure that out ourselves. He does keep up going rather effectively though.

Here's what I've learned from the Phoenix campaign:

1.) Never take no for an answer. A couple of members was walking back and forth on the pedestrian walkway of a freeway overpass with a huge Ron Paul banner. The police showed up and said they couldn't be there, on the sidewalk, walking, because they were disrupting traffic. The supporter questioned this, and when the shift sergeant was called, the police found out that they could do nothing because walking on a sidewalk was perfectly legal no matter what you happened to be carrying.

2.) If it's cool, and it brings attention to the cause, don't ask...just do it!

3.) Don't be afraid to be loud and boisterous. You want to draw a crowd.

4.) The grassroots "revolution" is in no way affiliated with the campaign. If you can put a sign on a cop car, and get away with it, do it! Unless you have a personal aversion to it...then don't.

5.) The message of personal freedom, prosperity, and liberty always wins an argument, so don't be afraid to very publicly go toe to toe with a denouncer. You won't convince the denouncer, but who cares!? You'll convince everyone else within earshot that the denouncer is an idiot.
:)

Ozwest
10-12-2007, 01:11 AM
PHOENIX... Simply the Best.

john_anderson_ii
10-12-2007, 02:14 AM
PHOENIX... Simply the Best.

God I hope not! I want this quote to read "Phoenix....Simply the first in a long line of 'I want my freedom back' movements"! I don't want to be the best, or the worst. I want Phoenix to be one cog in the gear that leads to a Ron Paul White House. A Ron Paul White House is the ultimate goal. Since we are shunned and ignored by the MSM, that means we have to work twice as hard and be three times as effective to reach our goal. That is something I'm willing to do, we can outrun the MSM like it's nobody's business. We have the numbers the MSM can only dream about in their ratings reports. We need to turn this energy and these numbers into a sine wave that cannot be challenged!

All you have to do is talk without fear. That's all there is to it. TALK TO EVERYONE WITHOUT FEAR OF REPERCUSSION!

Ozwest
10-12-2007, 03:11 AM
Allright then, PHOENIX... The swinging beef and the bulls jewels of the "I want my freedom back" movement.

fluoridatedbrainsoup
10-12-2007, 03:45 AM
I'm in London right now and I put a Ron Paul bumper sticker on a light pole next to the Thames. I've been accidentally dropping leaflets all over the place, but the street sweepers here are very effective and the stickers last longer. :)

brandon13830
10-12-2007, 04:05 AM
You should see my hometown of Mobile, Alabama.. my god.. every time I go there every other week, its like every corner you turn on, RON PAUL signs greet ya.

That's great. I'm from the Mobile area so that's really great to hear.