PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul mentioned on Glenn Beck 10-11

brumans
10-11-2007, 06:00 PM
His name got mentioned a couple times. I wasn't paying attention the first time. Second time they had this other guy on and they started discussing Ron Paul and it went something like this

OG: So.. about Ron Paul. I know you don't really like him Glenn, but I do like him.
GB: *laughs*
they show a picture of ron paul with glenn beck next to him
OG: I've asked him to come on my show a couple times, but the campaign always ignores me.
GB: I've asked him to come on, he actually agreed once, then bailed, and now whenever my staff calls in they just hang up on him. And then I get e-mails from all his supporters asking why we haven't had him on!

Then the other guy pulls out a quick quiz to see if glenn beck is a libertarian
He answers yes to everything besides getting rid of drug laws. The other guy says your a libertarian!... well, almost. Glenn then said, yea, besides the drug thing. I would of agreed to that a few years ago.

That's the just of what happened.. i'm sure I missed a couple things/misworded some things as well. It should be on again around 9:50 PM EST on CNN headline news.

Overall, good coverage. They didn't say one bad thing about Dr. Paul, just talking.

hard@work
10-11-2007, 06:02 PM
Glenn's flower bomb will come. But he's not ready. Not yet.

transistor
10-11-2007, 06:02 PM
i wish RP would start doing every show he gets an invite to.. his name recognition is lacking

speciallyblend
10-11-2007, 06:03 PM
hmmmm

katao
10-11-2007, 06:04 PM
His said last night that his TV show today will have a segment about how wrong RP is on Iran not being a threat. Brace yourselves...

brumans
10-11-2007, 06:10 PM
His said last night that his TV show today will have a segment about how wrong RP is on Iran not being a threat. Brace yourselves...

It's over.. there wasn't a segment. It was on from 7-8. There is a replay from 9-10.

Adamsa
10-11-2007, 06:11 PM
It's over.. there wasn't a segment. It was on from 7-8. There is a replay from 9-10.

Yay.

ghemminger
10-11-2007, 06:12 PM
i wish RP would start doing every show he gets an invite to.. his name recognition is lacking

This is immpossible - do you know how many requests he is getting a day....he is ONE person - and if you notice they are picking the show with highest ratings or convient to his schedule

brumans
10-11-2007, 06:14 PM
This is immpossible - do you know how many requests he is getting a day....he is ONE person - and if you notice they are picking the show with highest ratings or convient to his schedule

I don't know... he does go on a lot of radio shows. I'm sure Glen Beck has more ratings than they do.

peacemonger
10-11-2007, 06:19 PM
He really should do the Glen Beck show. Glen usually treats his guests pretty well. If the only things they disagree on are drugs and the war, then Ron Paul should try to get on the show. He can win those arguments easily and maybe pick up a few more votes/donors.

dmitchell
10-11-2007, 06:21 PM
Glenn Beck gets about 300,000 viewers per night. It is probably the least watched cable news show. Still, I would like to see Ron Paul accept the offer for an hour long interview. It can't hurt, right?

paulitics
10-11-2007, 07:03 PM
Glenn Beck is the 3rd most listened to radio show that attracts alot more independents.

sleeper
10-11-2007, 08:13 PM
GLENN: I have to tell you, Ted, I couldn't agree with you more on reaching out to your local police. I was asked a couple of weeks ago if I would help a sheriff's department out in Idaho on something that they were working on, and Sheriff Klingler's from Madison County in Idaho asked me to come out. I don't give up my personal time easily. It means a lot to me. And I was out in Idaho -- because I have connections to this community -- helping him and helping the sheriff department on something that they were working on, and I have to tell you if we don't do this, if we don't recognize who our friends are, we're in real, real -- we're in real, real trouble. Ted, one more thing. Let me ask you, have you made a decision on if you had a gun to your head today -- and I just want to make it very clear, you don't have one. But if you had a gun to your head today, who would you vote for?

NUGENT: Do I really have to answer that question?

GLENN: Yeah.

NUGENT: It's tough. My favorite man or individual running for the presidency of the United States of America right now today, since you're holding that gun to my head.

GLENN: Yeah.

NUGENT: Is a man who covers all the bases for we the people, the U.S. constitution, the Bill of Rights, decency and that's Mike Huckabee.

GLENN: Mike Huckabee, I would have thought you were a Ron Paul guy.

NUGENT: Ron's a good man, Fred Thompson's a good man, I like Mitt Romney and Mr. Giuliani on many levels. But no one in my estimation today -- and I'm not voting today.

GLENN: No, no, if you had a gun to my head. We're the same way. I would never draw a gun on you because I'd lose.

NUGENT: But Mike Huckabee, I'm telling you I've spent time with the man, I've watched how he conducts his personal life, his family life as governor of the State of Arkansas.

GLENN: Oh, Ted, personal life doesn't -- personal life, personal life doesn't matter. You know that. You learned that.

NUGENT: Well, a person's moral compass, I believe.

GLENN: What did you say?

NUGENT: It's an indicator of a person's moral compass, I believe.

GLENN: No! No! Bill Clinton told me. Bill Clinton told me personal life doesn't -- just go in and do the right thing. You know, from 9:00 to 5:00. You can do whatever you want outside at 9:00 to 5:00.

NUGENT: I don't think so.

GLENN: All right. Ted, always good to talk to you, sir.

NUGENT: Glenn, God speed.

GLENN: You bet, bye-bye.

recess
10-11-2007, 09:41 PM
I seen Ron Paul speak tonight in Arlington VA for the Robert Taft Club and an audience member asked him about Glenn Beck. RP said that there was some mis communication about going on Glenn Becks show. He also said he is not afraid to go on his show and that probably in the next 3 weeks he will make an appearance on there.

kylejack
10-11-2007, 09:48 PM
Get Glenn's cigars or whatever ready. Once Ron goes on and Glenn has a few nice things to say, we need to hit him with the care package.

Johncjackson
10-11-2007, 10:23 PM
Ted Nugent's endorsement doesn't matter much. I don't see how a guy with a known fondness for underage girls has much room to talk on personal morality. Plus he is pretty unhinged in general.

jacmicwag
10-11-2007, 11:40 PM
Ted fits right in with the RP Revolution - he just hasn't figured it out yet. I can definitely see this second amendment fanatic on our side eventually.

michaelwise
10-12-2007, 12:17 AM
:rolleyes: Ok, Now Glenn Beck is worthy. I'll call Dr. Paul and ask him if he can squeeze Glen into his schedule.